>ITT: Characters that sounded entirely different from what you thought they would sound like when you first saw...

>>ITT: Characters that sounded entirely different from what you thought they would sound like when you first saw pictures of them.

First time I saw pictures of her, i figured she would sound like Danny Devito started taking Estrogen.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jEvOZAFZIFE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This being the very first pic I saw of them

I wasn't expecting her voice to sound so goofy and like her nose was stuffed up, but it grew on me fast.

He sounded pretty much like I expected. But his manner of speech is much more laid back and casual. Which makes him even more hilarious.

I expected a sexy, husky, mature woman's tone

I got a nasally shrieky teenager.

But she is a teenager.

>i figured she would sound like Danny Devito started taking Estrogen
I dunno, that sorta sounds right. Her voice is pretty grating. It's like if Danny Devito was both a girl and a nerd from an 80's movie.

She doesn't?

She is 14, the same as Katara.

Urban vigilante Avatar in a multiethnic society struggling with the inherent classism of benders and nonbenders coexisting, and the leftover national/ethnic resentment between the citizenry after the Fire Nation's war of extermination and colonization?

It could have been so good. SO GOOD. Goddamnit, LoK.

Well, he obviously didn't know that before watching the show.

I honestly don't know what I expected.

Maybe something like
youtube.com/watch?v=jEvOZAFZIFE

>inherent classism of benders and nonbenders coexisting,

Can't actually have much by the fact that there is no way to choose who is a bender or not. A hobo can be born a bender and a rich person can be a non bender.

Actually, in Korra's time most of the most powerful people on the world are non benders: the owners of ALL corporations, the earth queem, Raiko...

BUT MUH BENDERS

I was expecting french Ron Perlman, then I watch the show and even if I wasn't reading the subtitles I'd still be able to tell that I'm listening to a fucking lunatic.

But that concept falls apart if Korra's the avatar, why would people let her run around as an urban vigilante? And if they couldn't stop her, she'd come across as an enormous asshole for being so irresponsible

user, that's the least lewd thing that's ever been.

While it grew on me, I was not expecting Jason Ritter's voice.

The first handful of times I saw anything Venture Bros related, I lived someplace with thin walls so I often watched tv with the sound off and captions on. I was confused as fuck when I first heard Dr Girlfriend with sound on.

Dr Girlfriend's voice gives me a boner

I thought he was going to have more of a southern hillbilly accent instead of being just Fix-it-Felix Jr and I am aware that they have the same voice actor.

I'm the opposite of that. Even when I just saw this character I knew he was going to have that high cartoony voice but with the echo effect to show he is something more than he seems

I wasn't expecting them to flip stereotypes on their head, but I'm glad they did.