What does kino mean? I've been dying to know

What does kino mean? I've been dying to know.

it's how you identify yourself as a redditor who started posting here after 2015

Cinema in German. The meme probably came from a scene in Inglorious Bastards. Here it's just used to refer to quality films.

Krazy
Interesting
Necessary
Original

It's german for movie theater. hence all movies are "kino" b/c They've played in the theatre :)

Short for Kinographique Exploración, or the belief that film at it's most sublime can ascend the medium to provide an overwhelming intellectual, emotional and sensory experience.

I learned it from the black ops zombies map kino der toten. It means theater of death.

kino>cinema>theater>film>medium>flick

this is the official movie rating system

Shit movies Sup Forums memes about being good. of course tons of Twitter newfags and Sup Forumsedditors take the "kino" meme seriously and think they're in on the joke
>when a community gets their laughs by pretending to be idiots, it will eventually be overrun by actual idiots who think they're in good company

is this post kino?

The worst and most uncreative meme to ever come out of this shithole. It's just German for 'movie'. It was sparingly used ironically here to describe films of heigh art. Then the redditors and Sup Forums underagers that arrived here on the capeshit, GoT, star shit wave started using it unironically. It's a particularly cancerous because it's just used as a substitute word for movie; that's the beginning and end of the meme. Don't know why it hasn't been filtered by the mods yet.

I am pretty sure that the official Sup Forums ranking system has been in use for at least 6 years

comes from the greek noun for motion

Yeah but "kino" was never used consistently and seriously on the board before a couple years ago. Now it's spammed in every other OP post by morons.

It's german for 'cinema', you fucking retard.

It's a Sup Forums word that essentially means good.

Same fucking thing.

What about motion picture

Okay smartasses
What word should I use to classify a movie that is in a higher artistic level?

You call it a "good movie". Hard, user, I know. Why explain why you think a movie is great when you can just spam that it's le kino.

so a cinema and a movie are the same thing?

>Kino Originally:
A film that is appreciated for the quality of cinematography and atmosphere, rather than for the quality of writing or acting.

>Kino Now:
"Fuck you, I like it!"

All I got from this thread is "Kino = Warrant of the highest artistic merit" or "kino = cinema".
But why not just call movies that are good those things?
Example: I think American Beauty deserves the praise it gets. It's a work of art in my opinion.

But my dear user(s)
You dont seem to get it.
It is not really about quality
They are different thingsThis user made an amazing definition