What was Sup Forums opinion of DCUO? did you guys like it? are you still playing?

What was Sup Forums opinion of DCUO? did you guys like it? are you still playing?

No one? :(

I played it for like a month when it became free on ps3 , but then i remember why never liked the way mmos play, and how i have to rely on groups of people to progress in the game.
what i really liked about DCUO is how they allowed you to lock the parts of your armor visually, so that if you find a piece that really works with your looks you don't need to replace it once you find better armor.

it's a meme game taylor made for plebby redditors

It was fun doing those missions, but once you get 30 it becomes bored. They deleted my account because a migration thing.

it's ok for the missions but it has some overcomplicated way to get the "refined" or crafted items that really takes all the fun

Had fun with it until I reached level 30.
Then it got boring. Then again I'm not big on MMOs in general.

>what i really liked about DCUO is how they allowed you to lock the parts of your armor visually

so much this, i dont think any other mmo allowed this at the time (not sure though) which blowed my mind.

I also liked the character creation. Allowing players to choice colors of their costumes was a pretty neat idea.

>Had fun with it until I reached level 30.

Me too, the problem its not on your side. The game is fun if you dont take it seriously.

I see it more as a role playing game than anything else, once one character gets boring i roleplay a new one.

all the vanilla powers were boring
i could only get in once they introduced power rings but even that got old.

The big problem with the game is there's no "catch up" mechanic. So if you aren't always on top of new content, you're going to have a very hard time keeping up. Mechanically I think it's a well put-together game, but the gear grind is worse than some other games. Just to compare to another actiony mmo, TERA obsoletes old endgame gear (as well as the content....) often enough that new players don't have a huge catchup game to play to do current stuff.

>all the vanilla powers were boring

idk i had fun for a lot of time before spending a cent.

Its really an opinion mater. Nature its still one of my favorites even compared to the dlc ones.

How different is the ps4 version to the ps3?

Better textures and graphics ''load'' faster i think. Besides that i dont really know.

Il realized that I had to pay to progress after a certain lvl.
There was all those exobytes things to craft stuff I wasn't interested in. I justified wanted to kick bad guys with my cool looking character. I didn't wanted to have a lair, and all that stuff.

i really like the flying and speedster type movements, really fucking cool and added a lot to the game, when i began to run on the ceiling i was sold.

I was disappointed to the extent that it broke the game for me. I went into it expecting to explore locations such as the Tower of Fate, Happy Harbor, Houma, Hell, Gorilla City, London, Slaughter Swamp, Mogo, Hub City, Rosewood, Apocalypse, Quarac, and Coast City, only to find out that that the entire map is apparently just made up of Gotham and Metropolis. It took a DLC for them to add the Flash's city, and with superspeed the world feels especially tiny. They had 80 years of lore prepackaged for them, and ended up using none of it.

Fair point. I guess not knowing too much of DC (by the time) made me not expect much on this regard, and even so it still felt like a small world.

it's a shittier CoH

Most other locations are seen in missions. Mogo is part of the Lantern Corps expansion.

The game isn't enjoyable unless you go premium, and going premium is only worth it if you're a bored DC nerd. Like me, I play a Nature healer villain. Dude. Weed, lol.

great game. i only play it when i housesit for my brother, he has a gaming rig. i am there now so i am crrently settling in and will begin playing again over the next few days.

the lair was really only cool to me because you could get sidekicks and shit like that, but i also get into RPing so having a lair is a neat touch. never done a thing with exobytes, dont understand them and dont care to.

>2016
>unironically playing mmos

I started playing recently and I like it a alot but I am not a very creative person so I just make copies of other characters.

Oh I should have cropped this. I feel exposed.

I liked it, until I just kind of stopped.
Acrobatics is best, guns are fun, and being a villain that gangs up on heroes was neat.

CWFlashandDCEUFlash.jpg

Moving around was fun

Playing it on the PS3 because I was trying to get the Open Episodes, never could play them cause I needed CR 41 most close I came was CR 39. Trying to get gear pieces to up your Combat Rating is tiresome and boring

Really great combat for an MMO.

I prefer the Diablo-y Marvel Heroes though.

Idek what kind of point you're trying to make but I bet it's stupid.

City of Heroes was better. Damn, I miss that game.

It's just a joke

I'm sorry for being confrontational user.

Nah, it's okay. It was a shitty joke anyway

Most agree it is good but then gets boring. I played it a month with my free and at that point we both kinda stopped. This was when we hit a lvl 30 and finished the base game and since a lot say it gets boring after those 30 days I would guess people didn't feel any point since there was no real progression. This thread is reaffirming my assumptions.

The point is that the DCCW Flash outfit is good and accurate while the DCEU Flash costume is really off (too dark, misses important details...)

Geez, DCEU fans are hypersensitive.

I loved it. Had a period of inactivity due to boredom but I'm back and like what's been added. It was my first MMO and I didn't know what I was doing so now I have most of my shit together gameplay wise.

It's cool how they put out new story dlc every month or so (I don't know if this is standard for other MMO), but I'm only up to the New Genesis stuff. All the Amazon DLC is my favorite, Circe is always great.

Also, why can't I get Captain Colds hood to drop? I've gotten his glasses twice now but not the damn hood.

I got bored of it eventually, but it was fun for a while. Its character creator is diverse enough to spawn hero ideas for Mutants and Masterminds.

Also, whenever I log on the servers seem to be exploding with immature twelve-year-olds. I suppose that's to be expected, but it gets old.

>join the game
>"wow this hero creator is great, can't wait to see what unique ideas people come up with!"
>Deadpool everywhere
>edgy black and red trench coat wearing, dual gun wielding, spikey hair having fags brooding everywhere
>"dude if I equip the crystal skin I can run around naked lmao"
>tacticool everywhere

I just started playing a week ago.

I already have one Yellow Lantern and working on one buff amazonian with two handed hammers.

Best Powers
>Light
>Earth
>Quantum
>Gadgets

In that order

The acrobatic movement has to be the coolest movement style in any game I've played, to be honest.

Zip-lining, gliding, crawling on the cieling and walls, it's amazing.

I don't know why i thought for a second you character was named "HOLD"
like, here's the Flash and next to him the Hold.

I don't know how they can top it. We got those discs Mr. Miracle moves with as an alternative to flying, what could they possibly give us for super speed and acrobatics?

Wondy best mentor

*Circe

this. I was played it from beta until probably about two years before they shut it down. Champions, DCUO, and MH16 haven't been able to compare and I've been chasing that dragon ever since. Getting the monthly comics in the mail, while shit, was a nice touch too.