So how do you think Johns will save DC Films

So how do you think Johns will save DC Films
What are your ideal, pragmatic and worst case sceanrios?

Also I just realized this guy is worth FIVE MILLION dollars.Jesus Christ .

Other urls found in this thread:

hoodedutilitarian.com/2012/09/speaking-power-to-stupid-the-ever-dumb-green-lantern-comics-of-geoff-johns/
gamefaqs.com/boards/206-comics-and-graphic-novels/71444201
comicvine.gamespot.com/batman/4005-1699/forums/geoff-johns-sucks-1484135/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The hero that WB deserves.

>So how do you think Johns will save DC Films
I don't.

>They said my Clark/Lex Superboy idea was wrong.
>I became a writer and made Superboy a Clark/Lex clone in both comics and cartoons.
>Now I'm a President at DC, saving comics with Rebirth and overseeing the film division.
>Nobody will ever tell me I'm wrong again.
How can one man be so based?

>Save

>Sup Forums autists fail to understand he is part of the same team of Executives that gave us the Theatrical cut of BVS and destroyed Suicide Squad.

Johns is an executive and has been an executive for half a decade. The idea that the same guy that gave us New52 under executive orders will somehow "fix" the movies and not bend over the same executives again is just plain du,mb.

Also Johns is the kind of guy that will likely kill any creativity with the movies, we will only get HIS arcs adapted.

He was the coo which means he gives them suggestions. They dont have to follow those? Do you think johns told snyder to make pa kent tell clark to let kids die?

>Ideal
Building from the ashes, these characters can begin to resemble who they are based on. It will still be tonally distinct from Marvel, and not every villain will be killed off.
>Pragmatic
There's going to be a push for a lot "funnier" stuff and it the DCEU will resemble the MCU more often than not. A lot of my friends were talking about this when we saw Suicide Squad: probably set up a JL vs SS movie
>Worst case
Johns has done some ridiculous (albeit fun) stuff with his work. I fear that WB will give him the power to pull anything out of his ass. The movies are painfully trying to be light hearted and fun, sweeping everything established under the rug (seriously Barry has just been absolutely cringey when trying to be funny thus far).

Judging him by his work as a writer is DC are doomed

hoodedutilitarian.com/2012/09/speaking-power-to-stupid-the-ever-dumb-green-lantern-comics-of-geoff-johns/

I agree with this article that Herr Geoff Johns is a poor writer.
gamefaqs.com/boards/206-comics-and-graphic-novels/71444201

comicvine.gamespot.com/batman/4005-1699/forums/geoff-johns-sucks-1484135/

>Also I just realized this guy is worth FIVE MILLION dollars.
Moviebux or comics really pay that much?

>hey dont have to follow those?

He is the writers of at least 2 movies (3 counting Green lantern where he had the brilliant idea of putting Parallax in, so no one will try the parallax storyline).
He also put Cyborg on the league and is behind the Flash story, based on his my mom is dead barry

>Also I just realized this guy is worth FIVE MILLION dollars.Jesus Christ .

This doesn't seem like a lot but I was just looking at athlete contracts so my perspective might be skewed

The Batman writing gig probably. That's why he took the job for himself instead of you know... give the job to an actual batman writer

If someone offered you to write a Batman movie you know you would do it.

Don't really get the point of this. The director of GL also made really great Bond films, so does the GL movie invalidate what he did before? It was a mismanagement of many people, and to blame one person on the movie failing is idiocy.

You cant save it. Hes one man who frankly is hit or miss with his writing anyway. Plus theres a lot to fucking rework

It's not the director's fault. It was Johns'.
>movie was an origin story
>johns: lets try to shoehorn some elements from the comics I've written into this. it'll be real popular with the movie-going audiences who've never read a comic book in their life.

If you had actual read the early script you'd know they basically only changed Legion's name to Parallax but it plotwise had the same function.

Seeing as how the script didn't exist until the movie was being shot I don't know how this is an argument. The movie stinks of Johns meddling and you know it.

Was that from one of those net worth things? Man those things are just so inaccurate.

I don't think a relative newcomer to filmmaking can save a franchise he isn't helming, to answer your question. He doesn't have that kind of pull and he doesn't have the experience to take over effectively even if he did have the pull to do so.

Best case, ideal scenario: he stays hands off and is the go-to nerd they wanted on staff. Creatives come to him for advice on themes and past continuity, he gives it, they go away and make movies.

Pragmatic case: he's the nerd but as a producer they give him some budget responsibility and he fucks up either by overspending or underspending because he doesn't understand the limitations of his role.

Worst case: he bogarts writing duties on movies he's been desperate to write for the past 25 years and nobody has the power to tell him to take a step back.

I like batman, Johns doesnt.

That's the point, he was hired as a writer and consultant, and the only thing he did was try to shild Hal from being Parallax and pitch for his Color war bullshit He was a consultant before he was a writer, sure he wasnt the only writer to fuck up, but he was one of the last ones that tried to "fix it", he did jack shit, loved the money he got paid, pushed his OC's for the TV show. and prised the movie as much as he could before the reviews were out.

Johns belongs to the movies.

People claim this but I can't find any sauce.

The only confirmed involvement I could find was him doing the consulting he always does on all things.

But he is helming the franchise, they gave him TWO promotions for that

he won't
he's been pitching bad stories for decades, and has been working with them since green lantern (which he helped write a lot of)

How many chances does he get? Seriously is he all DC has? Because he ain't much to begin with.

>hoodedutilitarian.com/2012/09/speaking-power-to-stupid-the-ever-dumb-green-lantern-comics-of-geoff-johns/

Geoff Johns is like Rob Liefeld all over again

>Seriously is he all DC has?

Geoff got to DC FROM warner, he was working with Donner, he is a WB guy, his has been in the bed with executives since the start, that's the point.

> The most cringe-worthy moment in this entire story comes when Sinestro and his minions are attacking Coast City, and Hal broadcasts a notice through everyone’s TV to evacuate the city for their own safety, but the people have learned through his example to have no fear, so they all stay and shine green lights through their windows to show their support. Aside from the question of why everyone has green cellophane lying around their houses, they’re just being really fucking stupid, intentionally putting themselves in harm’s way and giving the bad guys targets to use against the Green Lanterns, all as a meaningless gesture.

>and he has Kyle Rayner, the guy who replaced Hal as Green Lantern when he was evil/dead, get possessed by the fear entity Parallax (the one that turned Hal evil), which gives him a monstrous evil grin/sneer, along with some other especially grotesque (and kind of Freudian) visuals:

Did Geoff diddle this guy as a child? What a bunch of meaningless complains.

I was going to suggest by giving us a Legion of Super-Heroes film, but I keep debating with myself if the Legion can actually work as a film. Seems better suited for TV.

I don't think he'll solve anything, but I wish him luck.

What a bunch of bullshit.

After Guardians of the Galaxy, everything can work.

it really hinges on the WB execs not editing the film into shit.

Which really stresses the fact that BvS had literally no reason not to print money.

Again where is the proof of this?

>the screen writer has all the power

>Also I just realized this guy is worth FIVE MILLION dollars.Jesus Christ

I'm worth more than him desu

Bad scripts completely kill movies, and were definitely the problem in MoS and BvS

Nice quads.

I'm still baffled by the fact DC didn't immediately get working on a Legion film after GotG made bank. They should've tried to cash in on the delicious space money when they had the chance.

>hoodedutilitarian

editing and directing slew those films

Johns did not write the movie.

He had about as much to do with it as Bryke did with the Atla film.

Why do people keep propagating this?

If you say Green Lantern is on Johns you would have to claim EVERY dc product since 2010 is on him.

Like seriously .

>this guy is worth FIVE MILLION dollars.Jesus Christ .

i wish my mom was still alive so i could yell at her for telling me i'll never make money from comics. so i did the respectable thing, went to school got a practical degree and now i'm worth 1/1000 of this comic book man. thanks mom.

>Did Geoff diddle this guy as a child?

He did.

Of course not!

But the Producer, CCO of DC, Consultant, President of DC and And Screenwriter isnt a simple and humble guy.

His influence isnt the influence of a simple writer. He is the Executive's boy.

He was one of the writers.

>If you say Green Lantern is on Johns you would have to claim EVERY dc product since 2010 is on him.

Funny, Johns seems to be the best writer DC has ever had, he literally had more of his arcs adapted to animated movies than any other writer!

>t'll be real popular with the movie-going audiences who've never read a comic book in their life.

That doesn't matter because the audience isn't familiar with Green Lantern at all because like you say. They hadn't read a comic in their lives

Making the property even less normie friendly than it already is was a bad strategy though.

>Johns
>Snyder
>Tsujihara

You guys are screwed

Ideal:
Zack Snyder gets hit by a car tomorrow and Justice League is cancelled, to be replaced by a reboot co-written by Bruce Timm and Paul Dini, and directed by Brad Bird.

Pragmatic:
DCEU reboots after JL disappoints WB yet again. Reboot happens with Batfleck movie, which is a hit. We get a Superman reboot directed by George Miller and written by Cereal King.

Worst Case Scenario:
JL comes out, bombs and somehow the DCEU keeps going until WB files under Chapter 11. DC is sold off as part of WB's assets and the only bidder is Disney, who merges it with Marvel.

Shit tase

Nigga the 2nd draft has been online for fucking years. It's almost the exact same movie except Parallax is called Legion, Alan Scott is the gov't agent instead of Waller, the yellow monster doesn't show up in the final battle and Hammond is the endboss, and Kilowog, Tomar, and Sinestro show up to help defeat him as he uses his psychic powers to attack Coast City with Ferris Aircraft's drone planes.

>DCEU reboots after JL disappoints WB yet again. Reboot happens with Batfleck movie, which is a hit. We get a Superman reboot directed by George Miller and written by Cereal King.

How could ANYONE want a JL movie by Johns after what he did in the comics?

Suicide squad maybe but nobody is to blame for the theatrical cut of bvs but synder only thing the studio forced there was the email.

So they were changing the script as they shot? How would Johns as a creative consultant and Co-Producer not have anything to do with these changes or the general state of the script altogether? Was he just complacent while he was working on the film?

Snyder is helming. Johns is a suit who also happens to be writing a movie.

>Was he just complacent while he was working on the film?

Because Creative Consultant means nothing in the eyes of the actual money-men who force changes into these films.

I don't have a dog in this race, but consultants doesn't mean anything in the greater context of executive meddling, and Green Lantern was a hotbed of differing visions slamming into each other like a thirty-care pile-up.

Anyone with a decent understating of filmmaking could tell that thing was re-written to death by twenty different people with twenty different ideas of what the film should be. People like to assign to blame to one or two people, but just like Star Trek Into Darkness, Man of Steel and Transformers 2 what we got is such a mish-mash of wildly conflicting ideas it's impossible to point the blame at a singular source.

>Because Creative Consultant means nothing in the eyes of the actual money-men who force changes into these films.

I agree. But he wasnt just a consultant. He was also one of the writers, and one of the producers