Are you read for Comic of The Year?

Are you read for Comic of The Year?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookresources.com/article/ennis-braun-take-sixpack-and-dogwelder-on-alan-moore-inspired-road-trip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Am I ever.

You bet.

Is it bad that I'm only excited for the minis and the Young Animal line from DC? Rebirth has been really boring to me so far.

Anyone have download links for the Section 8 series?

I read it as Six Dog and Pack Welder

I'm really enjoying Deathstroke but rebirth in general is a bit underwhelming

Heard Ennis was going to be writing Constantine again in this book. True?

That was probably the intent.

comicbookresources.com/article/ennis-braun-take-sixpack-and-dogwelder-on-alan-moore-inspired-road-trip

CBR: Power Girl, Starfire and Catwoman feature in the first issue in a hilarious cameo in Noonan's Bar. But based on the solicitations, we're getting some major players from DC's dark side in this series, too. Let's start with John Constantine. Garth, you have a long history with the character as the writer of "Hellblazer." What makes John the perfect choice to lead Dogwelder on this personal journey to find his "true mission"?

Ennis: Essentially, John is perfect because he did such a good job with Swamp Thing. He's exactly the guy you want leading you on a journey of discovery about your true nature. Of course, also as with Swamp Thing, Constantine has a secret agenda of his own.

Alan Moore's "American Gothic" saga is one of my all-time favorites in comics, so it's been good fun having Constantine lead Dogwelder up the garden path in a similar vein. I did actually run the idea past Alan, just out of respect, and he was very gracious about it. Even pointed out a couple of things that helped enormously with the story.

He's on the cover of Issue 2, so definitely.

I love the idea of a Moore-blessed, Ennis-written story with Constantine in it so much that I'm going to buy every issue of this series.

So Alan Moore provided help for a DC comic. Is he next on the list after Rucka and Priest?

He's mentioned in the solicitations for a bunch of issues, so yes.

Slap an editor on him and have him write All Star Green Lantern again.

Doesn't Ennis hate his hellblazer run?

Wasn't he like fucking nineteen when he wrote it? He probably learned a lot since then and sees mistakes everywhere.

Yes, because the Young Animal line looks terrible and Gerard Way is a braindead idiot and the worst kind of Grant Morrison wannabe suckup forum sperg.

No because it's all that looks good

>the Young Animal line looks terrible
Not sure if b8 or a terminal case of shit taste.

>Is it bad that I'm only excited for the minis and the Young Animal line from DC? Rebirth has been really boring to me so far.

That is exactly how I feel, to be totally honest.

Like, i'm still enjoying Dr. Fate (especially now that he's getting some McCarthyism for a final issue) and Blue Beetle looks cool, but only Deathstroke has a genuine hook in me story-wise, pretty as Green Arrow can be.

But shit, Adam Strange & Hawkman, the fully painted Deadman mini, everything from Young Animal, this... sign me the fuck up.

God bless this trade-based strategy.

>the fully painted Deadman mini

I like it even without being fully painted, it's beautiful.

Yeah, really looking forward to all the minis coming out this year. I'm content with them being only 6 issues, since I know they'll sell like shit and I'll just be bummed when they get cancelled. This way, I know not to expect more and just enjoy the ride.

Curious to see what other minis DC will give us. With Midnighter and Apollo getting a mini, I'm hoping other Authority/Wildstorm characters will get some too at one point.

They seem to understand that Seeley and Orlando have a bit of a cult following for a reason, and according to rumors from the same guy who called McCarthy on Dr. Fate, they might be being groomed to sort of fill Geoff's old roles back during JSA or Hawkman.

I could totally see Orlando doing stuff with the Authority, and Seeley getting WildCATS or Stormwatch or something.

I really hope DC gets trades out quickly for these minis so that I can quickly give them a response from a purchase. Better trade production is essential for these sorts of things.

Why are the vast majority of DC's minis mashups of two characters?

>Six Pack & Dog Welder
>Midnighter & Apollo
>Hawkman & Adam Strange
>El Diablo & [teammate of the month]
>Dastardly & Muttley
>Catwoman/Prez one-shot

Blue & Gold mini when?

I'd murder someone for a Green Lantern/Green Arrow mini

Apparently there's a Wildstorm related announcement at NYCC, so I wouldn't be surprised if we'll see those books next year.

Seeley loves WildCATS and I have a feeling that the Midnighter/Apollo mini is building up to the Authority forming again. As for the trades, DC seems to have gotten their shit together at last. All the DCYou trades were released fast, only 2-3 months after the first arcs finished.

Everything looks better than nu52, that being said it does look a bit lacking, like it needs some sort of oomph or something. Personally Im liking the Deathstroke and Batman stuff, young animal looks intersting.

>Like, i'm still enjoying Dr. Fate
Why? writing is ass
> the fully painted Deadman mini
Median is not great. They should've got Scott Hampton if they wanted fully painted interiors. Or Teddy Kristiansen.
>Adam Strange & Hawkman
Too bad the artist sucks. And they're using the generic Hawkman armor instead of the based Hawkworld look.

>Moore giving his blessing to Ennis
>Moore praising Gillen
What's happening I'm scared

I disagree. Apart from Batman, Gren Arrow and Deathstroke, none of the Rebirth titles have impressed me much. New52 had Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Batman, Green Lantern, Action Comics that truly grabbed me. And then there's stuff like Batwing that I also enjoyed very much(the first arc), I also kinda lied the first arc of Batwoman, and OMAC was cool.

I'm still enjoying several Rebirth books, but yeah some of the novelty has worn off.

Nu52 had the benefit of launching everything at once. Rebirth doesn't have the same. Give it a few months for everything to be out.

I guess it depends on what you want from DC. If you want interesting stories with D-listers and a variety of genres instead of just pure superhero books, then New52/DCYou was very good. If you're a continuity/status-quofag and love DC's A-listers, then Rebirth is a godsent.

Most comic fans are in the latter category. I totally understand why Rebirth is getting fellated so much, but it's not really my cup of tea. Thankfully, there's still Hannah Barbera, Young Animal and all the future minis for people like me who are more interested in DC's less popular characters and like the more risky/experimental books.

What's left? Blue Beetle and...? I was never a huge fan of BB but Gifen and Kolins are my guys so I'm in but...that's still a low number, especially since a lot of the Rebirth titles are already 4-5 issues in and those New52 titles immediately grabbed me from the first issue.

Morrison's action comics is seen as great now after reading all 19 issues, but his first five issues received just as lukewarm reception.

But at the start of the New52 the A listers all had good stuff. Batman was good, AC was good, GL was good, I remember people jizzing over Wonder Woman. Now only Batman's great.

To be fair, GL didn't change a thing with the Nu52.

But they were great issues.

Oh and I forgot to mention, their upcoming minis don't sound very experimental/off beat either. I expected better.

They were just how most of Rebirth is. Good issues, but keeping it safe. Same with Wonder woman. It had a slow start and hit it's stride in the second arc.

I know m8. Thing is, most long time fans don't care about that and just went full NOT MUH with the New52.

Doesn't matter if Action Comics/WW/Batman or whatever were better at the start of the New52, people will still say the Rebirth issues are better because of the pre-Flashpoint continuity meme. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

I wouldn't call starting a Green Lantern title with Sinestro as the main character or the first arc of Action Comics "safe". And most of Rebirth is decent, not good.

Yeah, I get that but I just want some experimental/off beat minis, man. Gimme some magick titles dammit!

Moore has taste.

That's cherry picking one title out of many. Do you think most of new 52 was even decent? People are praising mediocre shit like OMAC in this thread. First arc of action comics was a pretty safe cape comic. It only came out as great when the final arc was revealed. Even GL had been mediocre post blackest night.

>Capes are stoopid.
>Lets drink
>pussies deserve to get their asses kicked
>drink more

Yeah, no thanks.

Aw, is McCrea not involved in this one?

OMAC was better than at least half of Rebirth. New 52 GL under Johns was great, especially the first year and much much better than what the GL titles are under Rebirth. AC was better than the Superman titles of Rebirth.

>Do you think most of new 52 was even decent?
Sure.