GOLDRUSH

What's the deal with gold prices rising and some youtube channels predicting that it'll rise from the current 1350$ per Oz to 3/4000$ per Oz? Is it a scam by the global elites so they can scam people into buying gold or is it legit going in that direction?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Modern-Survival-Manual-Surviving-Economic
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

God! There's just something about gold...

as long as they print more and more money, gold prices will go up and the value of the dollar will go down.

I would recommend you to Jim Rickards when it comes to the shuffling about of physical among the big players. He started sounding off in public about it about 1.5 years after I suspected it to be the case, and he's the kind of guy who would know much better than I what's really going on.

As for the eventual price, that's been being projected for quite a long time. Everything the global elites do is a scam, but I think gold is still a good long term play even if you missed out on the prices of years past.

In easy terms;

2008 = Gold is lowest @ 780$
2011 = Highest 1900$
2015 = 1050$
2016 = 1300+

Economic collapse soon. Soros and other super jews are blatantly preparing for it. So much shit is going to explode.

gold will never ever lose it's value, it's the safest investment anyone can make
federal reserve notes are gonna be worthless in the next 10 years and when they transfer to a new world currency, gold will still have it's place

>gold will never ever lose it's value

well, until we find gold on the moon or something.

We will all need portable wealth in the coming years.

2008 Economic collapse in U.S and it took 2 years for gold to rise to 1900+ From 780$ if this economic crisis is worse off than 2008 then it's a sure possibility

I made $350 from shares in a gold mining company is just four months. Not a great return, but I sold enough to get my principle back and I still have over $300 in shares.

kikes have been buying like crazy

I'll be buying a few gold shekels tomorrow

It will be worst.

More important is to watch for if and when they turn around and go long on silver to cover their shorts. That's a pretty clear cut sign that they're winding up to pounce on another manufactured market move to get out of what would ordinarily seem like an impossible position, and that they're ready to absorb the knock-off effects of the industrial effects.

>tfw I have a 24k 14" necklace(fairly small) But it's thick and heavy as fuck that's worth 20k. Thanks dad

>turn around

Please explain. Silver's been predicted to rise around 170$ per Oz

Mirin use each bead to buy lord's daily bread & jam when you live under a bridge during the upcoming kike-induced fascist obama dictatorship

>say something is predicted to rise in value
>people buy silver cause you said so
>sliver rises in value due to new demand

fucking magic

They've been effectively shorting the fuck out of it through various means. It was interesting the other year when they almost let it hit $50 spot, which could have been a real breaking points, but turned out to be just cockteasing in the long run I guess to psych people out and set up for a correction to shake out the worry warts and re-establish better control, since people were jumping all over PMs at the time.

These effective shorts are basically a ponzi scheme. So the question is how they will unwind them. One obvious method is to go long on silver to get the profits to cover all the absurd shorts. So if that is how they solve the problem, then if you see them do it then you know they're getting set up to solve the problem and that the spot price is going to hike up balance the books.

>every central bank the in the world buys/uses/hordes gold
>BUT YOU INDIVIDUAL CITIZEN, YOU BETTER NOT BUY ANY GOLD, IT IS BAD

seriously

It used to be if you wanted a safe and reliable, idiot-proof way to preserve the real value of the income that you're making the recommended way was to put the money into equity. But then the housing fiasco happened and that went stomach-up, so now people are saying "gold is safe, it's real value has remained constant since medieval times" but you can bet that bubbles a-popping.

Let's get one thing straight: the "global elites" do not have to bother with such small and inconsequential things as stable money. They work the system because they ARE the system. But as for what does the average person invest in to hold onto their new worth? I believe that the illusion that such a thing exists is finally coming to an end. EVERYTHING is part of the global market and the "global elites" hold the reigns.

who tells you not to buy gold?

Sup Forums does. Precious metals education was one of my first operations when I first got to Sup Forums. I got the exact same immediate copy response about me performing fellatio on Peter Schiff several times in a row.

Fortunately for me, I can honestly say I don't even really know what he has to say outside of the odd interview I catch maybe one a year on average.

Base gold burgers please suggest if I should be buying gold currently at 1300+ I have a strong feeling that after the collapse of dollar U.S will play using its stockpile of gold currently number 1 sitting in at 8000+ tonnes with germany on 2nd with 3300+ tonnes. Is it possible that if the dollar collapses the U.S will monopolize the gold rates increasing it to mass hysterical prices like 4k+?

The stock market is trading at record highs these days though, we've actually had fantastic recoveries from 2000 and 2008

Seeing Sup Forums get so retarded on a topic I do know something about makes it clear why I should never listen to them when I don't know about something

Anyone smart enough to google "historical gold prices" and realize it's a shit investment vehicle

If there is a collapse of the US dollar then any country with "-stan" in the name is going to be too fucked for anything you do to matter

One of the best pieces of investing advice I ever got:

If the general public is talking about it, it's too late to get in.

Sorry bud we're in China & Russia camp now, gunna survive whilst you folks enjoy your obongo

Goldbugs get excited at times like this but are oddly silent when gold cools off

Base on the actions of the past few years, it seems to me that the plan is for the USD to continue on as the world reserve currency, and, at best, the last to collapse. My reading is that they've pushed themselves far enough toward the brink slowly enough that now plans for a replacement global currency regime are in shambles and it's back to a game of last-man-standing. This is similar to the question of how to transform away from American Primacy as a strategy and/or how to reform it into a workable strategy.

Gold fundamentally is a something to do with your surplus wealth. It's a good idea to by very slowly buying into it (dollar cost averaging is statistically a reasonable way to play) is sensible, but the first focus should be on investing in other things you'll need to ride out the storm. Look to gold in a big way only when you have extra money you don't know what to do with to keep it safe.

"Record highs" should be a red-flag. There are a few possibilities for that to happen:

(1) (A generous proposition, but not impossible) is that the value of gold just intrinsically goes up all the time because the availability of gold does not grow as much as its demand (for reasons that defy traditional economics, but there is A LOT of superstition around Gold so that may not mean it's false).
(2) (Far more likely) people are band-wagoning on gold because it appears to be such a good and ever-growing investment, inflating its value artificially and causing a bubble that will eventually pop when savvy gold-investors start pulling out to avoid the inevitable crash.
(3) (Not the way I think things work, but some people are into conspiracy theories) The value of gold is being manipulated by powerful forces and that cannot possibly be to the advantage of the massive amount of people who have invested in gold.

And I guess I'll throw in (4) just because: The global economy actually does collapse and, hey, guess what, it turns out gold is just a raw material that has about as much material use as copper.

Don't delay faggots! My humble stash is only 4 coins, but I'm probably out at $1,900 and will spend the $3,200 profit on beer, guns & ammunition.

Until people starts using gold as money in the post war again. Like the fallout hub and bottlecaps

I still don't understand why gold is perceived as so valuable. I understand it's a rare metal and used in some electronic components but that's not enough I don't think, is it just the jews that run jewelry businesses artificially inflating it's worth?

I think copper is more useful than gold...

Agreed about the surplus however I have land property that I want to replace with Gold because if all hell breaks loose property will be the first to take a fall at least with gold you can trade with whatever set currency is in future
Mirin
Gold will survive its glare is too addictive

Nothing wrong with buffalos in principle, but they generally aren't the most gold for your dollar. When you're buying bullion (just gold for the worth of its weight in gold and nothing more) then there are only two important questions:

1. How much gold by weight am I getting for my dollar?

2. How easy will it be to liquidate if I need to do that, and what will get me the most dollars for my gold?

Do you plan to liquidate an entire oz at a time if you can only afford 4oz? You might want to look in to sub-oz Gold Eagles and/or some silver.

It's more than its use for electonics and satellites its the blindning glare that has always kept men posessed its satanic fire voodoo

its a really good electrical conductor, but because of the price we use copper as an alternative

We use aluminum around steel cable for high voltage AC power lines, with fancy new aluminum alloys on the up and coming for high voltage DC power lines where the skin effect of AC is not available but where other efficiency tradeoffs make it seem more attractive.

Just remember that you have to use joint compound if you're going to be mixing copper and aluminum wiring because you will get galvanic corrosion and electrical faults and fire hazard otherwise, particularly in humid or salty climates.

>gold will never ever lose it's value, it's the safest investment anyone can make

Unless if you actually follow the value of gold. If you bought in the end of 2011, and had to sell some last summer, you just lost a shitton of money.

It ultimately depends on what your goals are. If it's to protect against the value of a declining dollar, I'd go with silver. Doesn't move nearly as hard as gold does. Your purchasing power is a lot safer/stable with silver.

If you want to try and make a quick buck, then gold it is.

Except for the fact that Gold & Silver have outperformed stocks since 2000, despite being in a bear market since 2012.....and the fact that the markets have topped out and the last 12-24 months besides the recent July rally have been horrible for investors with almost 3 corrections in 12 months.

I don't know what you know but I'd be curious to know what you know, ya know?

I didn't have a lot of extra money to put in, got the Buffalos early this year at $1,100 each and 140 oz of American Eagle silver. Not sure how/when I'll sell but there's a possibility after the election the shit could hit the fan and wouldn't be surprised by $1,800-$1,900 gold and $25-$30 silver.

Unless there is another round of quantative easing by the Federal Reserve, I do not think the DOW will not break 19k.

It has hit around 18,500 multiple times but cannot seem to get past that ceiling, and as the aussie has mentioned, it has basically been a stagnant high off of correction from 1 year ago...

These are not good signs for economy and people's investments.

I would say Gold/Silver are generally smart investments no matter what, it just depends how high a % of your investment you decide to make.

I personally have been investing in Gold/Silver at 20% of my investments for the past 4 years, and will continue to do so.

The way I see it, I can always just pass it on to my children and keep it in the family for the rest of my life as insurance on my fiat money.

That's not so bad. I'm maybe bigger on silver than average, so I'm about 50:50 on gold:silver in terms of how much I spent on it. It's a good experience to try liquidating some of it just to get used to the process, which technically could include filing additional forms on your tax returns for capital gains. You always want to know how to use what you've got if some day you have to use it.

Also, if you're interested in these topics, check out this book: amazon.com/Modern-Survival-Manual-Surviving-Economic or at least just punching FerFAL into a search engine and reading his internet discussions for free.

It's about the 3:1 currency devaluation in Argentina (the big one before all the subsequent devaluations lol) and his personal experiences in terms of what worked and didn't work. I don't think it would play out quite that way in the US, but it's a short, quick read, and it's got lots of good food for thought.

But soros moved out of gold, yet bet on the US economy collapsing.
The fuck is going on?

They can make the gold price anything they want. But they are lazy, so you can assume the price of gold in 1st world currencies, will continue going up up up slowly over time like it does.

In 2nd and 3rd world currencies you can't even compare their funny-money currency to gold, the value of gold holds steady, while Rubles, Pesos, Drachmas, and Pakistralian Dinars collapses all around you.

Gold and Silver goes up over time, but it's slower than you think, and it's just the inflation factor of the paper money. Gold never actually gets "more valuable"

More than likely a crash would be initially deflationary for metals as well and then the inflation would kick in.

This is separate though from a metals rally caused by people flooding into metals as the market crashes, the general idea is that they'll first go to cash, this will be injected into the economy, into commodities, you name it causing the inflation people talk about.

This is again separate to potential helicopter money policies that would flood into the real economy causing inflation.

Basically a lot of different scenarios or order of scenarios can play out, changing the timing of everything.

Its crazy to me when i see threads aboit gold and there arent pwople screaming about buying silver. Gold and silver prices generally fluctuate in tandem but while gold is historically high right now, silver is still very affordable. The strangest part about this whole thing to me is how much silver is actually used in manufacturing and computer tech. For my money, silver is infinitely a better investmwnt. Theres risk with gold at the price its at but theres no real risk with silver

>Spanish treasure
Oy vey
Also gold increases value faster inflation because higher demand that production

That's correct. Gold is basically a monetary metal. But Silver is very much part industrial and part monetary.

Let's have a thought experiment. How high would the price of silver need to be for it to become realistic to try to recycle the silver out of all those various electronic components should there be a shortage of physical supply some day?

I have 700 ounces atm. I think Gold is just the fashionable one to talk about, but whatever goes for gold goes double (or more) for Silver I agree.

>Spanish Treasure
>Not Incan Treasure

What did you do with all that gold Hernan?

gold has always been a jewish scam and is basically buying a lotto ticket at this point.

the only metal to invest in is lead

>not buying uranium

so if you invested in gold in 2011 your money has been asleep for 5 years? this is why gold doesn't sound like a good investment.

Why would gold be useful in an economic collapse?

Why the fuck would people trade food or weapons for fucking metal?

Except when you look at the trend long term.....say this century?

Because they know if they have gold they can pawn it off to the next guy. You can model that theoretically however you like, but it's just a historical fact that people are willing to take verifiable gold in trade because they know they will be able to trade it to somebody else just as easily.

It's basically the same as barer, another inevitability, but with a currency to improve efficiency.

yes, aluminum is high maintenance

ok for industry, was a disaster in homes

yeah, yeah because i expect to live till at least 80 and then cash in so some care taker can steal it all from me. idiot.

>Gold has a 5,000 year record.
>Cries about the 5 year record.

Gold is not an "investment" anyway. There are no 'returns' on gold, there is no 'gain' on gold, you merely preserve your wealth. Gold is money.

One guy has gold, one guy has guns. Now one guy has gold and guns.

yeah you "preserve" your wealth ...unless of course you invested that wealth in 2011 in which case you lost alot of wealth didn't ya buddy?

Someone remind me why gold is still considered the alternative asset to bills?

my theory is as long as their is a civilization on earth that requires gold for decorations of all sorts for their authority figure (king, religion, government) then it will be worth something and the physical gold itself doesn't deteriorate. which is a big plus when investing in a material.

16 years is a lot more important when looking at long term investment trends then 7 mate. If you expect the next 7 years to mirror the past 7 then you're naive. idiot.