Sup Forums related things that piss you off or rub you the wrong way...

Sup Forums related things that piss you off or rub you the wrong way. Even if it might seem irrational to most everyone else.

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheWorfEffect
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

people talking like MJ and Gwen are literally the only people Spider-Man ever dated or had chemistry with

>Company wars.
Just enjoy the books you want to.

>Race Bending
Disingenuous, pandering bullshit that will never make them happy

Spongebob Season 4-first half of season 9

Female characters who are meant to be "strong and independent" but are really just unlikable bitches.

>not muh so and so
Marvels been pushing diversity characters its entire time. Newfags get into comics from the movies and immediately go to crying

This

Holy shit this. Sam was just a bad person.

Jojo Bizarre Adventure mashups with everything. Like, some are funny and all, but this shit's going too far too fast. I enjoy the manga, but come on.

In this case, it was part of the joke and completely self awere. Like when she tryed to make the whole school eat grass and mud

The fact that no one on Sup Forums or anywhere else on this website can look at things objectively because "m-muh tumblr".
Just because a show or comic has a message that you don't agree with doesn't mean it's necessarily bad.

Blacks, women and gays being mad that straight white males, who are the vast majority of comic readers, don't want to read about blacks, women and gays, and are therefore mad that books about blacks, women and gays aren't profitable.
Economics, not the patriarchy, are keeping you down bitches.

The Sup Forums Hunger Games.

People with different opinions than me.

The fact that everyone has a hateboner for Steven Universe and sperg out whenever it's mentioned, no matter how innocuous the post.

Hi tumblr!

And people who do this.

Seconded
"tumblr" needs to be put into the word filter
Make it turn into "Sup Forums" to fuck with people

That and females always have to be the voice of reason or fun hating cunts.
Just once I'd like to see a female in a comedy show who is actually funny.

Nostalgia fags

>Female characters who are meant to be "strong and independent" but are really just unlikable bitches.

I hate the fact that writing a female character that isn't a bitch, a fuckdoll or a doormat is impossible.

>Five SU hate threads and shitposting bait threads a day
>Several threads derailed into SU hate threads
>Generals get bombarded by shitposters and baiters

I'm so motherfucking tired of this crap.

It's really not that hard. Just write a character then make them female. Literally just do the same shit you'd do for a male and just make it a girl.

Of course, nobody fucking thinks of this and just continues to write bitches, fuckdolls and doormats.

I don't mind if it's a message I disagree with, I mind if the message is an insincere attempt at pandering. Shows always have these hollow, artificial 'messages' injected into them, but they don't feel meaningful in any way. Honestly I don't even know what the hell the parroted morals that are crammed into stories are supposed to do beyond pandering but they fail miserably at it. They don't bring any new discussion to the table, and they don't really convince anyone of the message, because anyone watching it is already convinced. Nobody watches Steven Universe and says "wow lesbians are totally ok now, this show has really shown me the error of my ways. I'll be different from now on." The only people watching these shows are people that already agree with whatever the 'viewpoint' is, which is the only reason I can see for having these 'messages' and 'morals' injected into stories to begin with. It's kind of funny how the messages that get kicked around mainstream cartoons and comics are always the trending viewpoints at the time. It's almost as if it's an attempt to appeal to the audience in order to encourage sales and brand loyalty, rather than because they just happen to want to shove the same few messages into every single one of their works until a new trendy, 'safe' moral comes along.

(continued)

When I go to the grocery store, I like to look at the nutritional facts and ingredients. Maybe that makes me a hipster faggot, but that's just me. One thing I've noticed is that there's always more 'healthy' foods coming out. I look at the back though and see that it's just the same shit repackaged, with less saturated fat or the measurement of servings changed to make it look healthier. There are entirely 'new' products like 'health bars' that are the same shit they've been selling for years, but with less sugar (and now 2 grams of protein). Sometimes I'll be in a rush and buy some of this stuff, but I usually ignore it. Why wouldn't I? These companies don't actually give a shit about healthy food; they're just taking advantage of dumbasses. I already know where to go and what to get anyway, and all of this talk about 'healthy' food is insincere. It's GMOs now, it was trans-fat before that, and MSG before that. Next year it will be a new boogeyman that I was already avoiding. This "now with less X" bullshit is disingenuous and is completely useless information to anyone that actually gives a shit.

They just need to contain themselves in one or two threads.
The way they were acting during the Steven Bomb with five threads up at once was just absurd.

>Just once I'd like to see a female in a comedy show who is actually funny.

These little fuckers.
I know it's old news and that everyone has already said everything that needs to be said about Frozen but I just can't let this go.
The first thing we see in Frozen is little Christoff working with the other Ice collectors. None of them seem to have a problem with him being around. This led me to believe that one of these guys was his dad, or something of that nature.
Imagine my surprise when Christoff introduces these proto-minions as his 'family' and that it was just him and Sven before they 'took him in'.
I looked around me to see if anyone else was confused, but I've never met a single person who thought this was weird.
Why? Why was he with the ice collectors in the beginning? Was he actually working with them? They really needed the extra tiny block of ice he brought in? There weren't any other kids there. Where did he get Sven? Did he take in and domesticate a baby Reindeer on his own? I'd understand if one of the Ice collectors was his dad and Sven was a family pet.
Back to the Trolls, I know that one lady troll said "I'm keeping you two!" That's kidnapping. Unless Christoff was homeless, or lived in the woods or something, he was kidnapped from either his family or some orphanage.
Now, obviously Christoff has no issue with having been raised by them. Forget asking how forest dwelling trolls raised a child in the woods, there's a bigger point here.
What's one thing we know the trolls can do?
MANIPULATE MEMORIES.
Who's to say that lady troll didn't just mindwipe Christoff and Sven to forget their family and live with them?
Now obviously that's not what happened, as that'd be giving the writers too much credit.
But you see what I'm getting at?
Maybe It's just me, but I just think the way these little shits are worked into the movie is stupid, and the fact that I can't find ANYONE else who gets that infuriates me.
This resonate with any of you guys?

A few weeks ago there were five hate threads up at once every day with several unrelated threads getting derailed into hate threads.

The fans aren't the only problem.

>They just need to contain themselves in one or two threads.

Are they still doing the "SU Generals are banned if SU isn't currently running" thing?

Because I always found that sorta retarded, it'll only create numerous splinter threads.

Nope, then you get pic related.

>because anyone watching it is already convinced.
Wrong. As much as Sup Forums and Tumblr want to sperg out about Gravity Falls or Adventure Time or Avatar or SU being an adult show, they are all still kid shows. SU is trying to integrate love as being a universal thing and whether you're straight, gay, bi-racial, of different classes, or just have a strong love for your family and friends, it's completely normal. They are trying to get kids to see love as a universal thing and integrate it in their normal lives. These shows aren't for close-minded adults to change their minds, they're for children to accept the idea while they are still learning what things are in the world.

>they're for children to accept the idea while they are still learning what things are in the world.

so...brainwashing, then?

>Teaching kids about tolerance and love is brainwashing
I have a feeling you have no idea what brainwashing is.

>we should tolerate the LGBT agenda

Lying to kids that being gay or trans is OK is brainwashing.

I'm annoyed general audiences of America think entertainment mediums should be "equal in representation".

If we're going by actual statistics and the fact that you have to group every non-white American just to compete with the number of whites there are in the country, then it's completely fucking accurate. Blacks only make up 13% of the country, the fuck people think Hollywood should be 50-50 for?

It pisses me off when Sup Forums comes in and ruins Sup Forums. See

>the fuck people think Hollywood should be 50-50 for?
Because some of your ancestors may or may not have kept slaves at some point...you racist

>If you hold an opinion different to me you must be Sup Forums

Nice doublethink senpai.

>Random kids on Twitter complaining there aren't enough ___race___ characters is their way of honoring their ancestors who fought for freedom

A lot of the time, it's white people doing the complaining for others.

Have you ever been to California? It's a multicultural mess, I went there on vacation to learn to speak english and everyone I tried to talk to spoke spanish.

>Strong, confident, competent female?
>must be a man hating lesbian!

And if you go to South Carolina, there will be a ton of black families, too, that doesn't represent the country though. Movies, comics, and TV shows don't have state exclusive releases.

You got me there m8.

White people are responsible for a large amount of what happens to them.

Problem is it's a small number of vocal whites who are ruining things for everyone else, regardless of colour or race.

This is actually exactly what I'm talking about.

People these days care far too much about underlying messages to the point where it ruins the experience for them.
Is it really so wrong to enjoy something because you like it? Or because you think it's well made?
And this might come as a surprise, but just because a 7-year-old watches a season of SU doesn't mean that they will grow up to be a 3rd-wave transgender whatsit.
To you, these shows might be "brainwashing" children into becoming something that you don't like, but chances are, they'll hardly even remember them 5 years later.
Consider: How many people that watched Ed, Edd & Eddy grew up to become con-artists? How many of them became con-artists BECAUSE of EE&E?

Though I have a feeling it was more due to the writers projecting their personality flaws (which they do not recognize as flaws) onto her than her gender,

While I agree that it's simply the fact that straight white male protags being profitable that make them prevalent, I can never get inside the headspace of people who REALLY can't read or watch a series without one. Is it that hard to relate to someone or enjoy their character if they're not the exact same as you?

>teh penguin of d00m

>Cartoon does something other than total innocence
>"How did they get away with this?!" "See, cartoons aren't just kids' stuff!"

Yeah, but Hollywood has its hand in most media, so it makes sense they would think multiculturalism is that normal.

I just want them to produce quality stuff without worrying who is not getting represented, if you make a TV show about a place were most people are a certain race, don't shoehorn characters that don't fit, unless you make sure they are actually good. If its a show based on a place were multiculturalism is normal, then go ahead, it makes sense.

Also, thread related, sassy characters are a cancer

>Consider: How many people that watched Ed, Edd & Eddy grew up to become con-artists? How many of them became con-artists BECAUSE of EE&E?

Was the point of Ed, Edd & Eddy to push the idea that being a being con artist should be accepted and is tolerable?

Hearing the exact same voice actor use the exact same voice for every appearance they made. This industry recycles voice actors like nuts and nothing completely removes me from the experience like hearing a voice that makes me think 'fucks sake this voice yet again'

>It's for kids
Alright, I can accept that

>It's to spread the message of love and friendship and rainbows and unicorns and hugs
Not really. Executives will make their writers jump on the next trendy opinion when it comes along. That's how it always works. You think your job gives you days off because they care about you? You think the ASPCA puts sad music behind 2 second clips of cute dogs giving the camera googly eyes because they care about the dogs in the commercial? I never heard them mention the 9 million dogs that get put down in the US each year (American Humane, Google). You think there's a warning on your coffee cup saying it's hot because they actually give a shit about you getting burned? Like one of the shareholdesr for Starbucks on his way to buy a 3rd yacht is going to pull his Bugatti to the side of the road and take a moment to hold back tears when he finds out your Java Frappe gave you a mouth booboo? Somebody /r/ing that capeshit guy on twitter talking about how Marvel comics sell more when they cover "controversial" issues.

Please man, read all of my post. Don't just stop when you get to the part you don't like

>Cartoon has a somewhat surreal style or absurd tone
>"LOL! wut drugs were these guys on when they made this? they musta been high on ACID LOL!!!!"

>Cam Clarke, I'm looking at you

It's less about not wanting to, and more about not wanting to feel forced into an obligation to care if you don't want to. I supported titles like Batwoman and Midnighter and whatnot. Doesn't mean I have to throw my hands up in celebration everytime a LGBT, female, or minority book is announced.

Try to apply the metaphor I made in and you'll understand where I'm coming from. I care about what I eat

>tolerance and love

I tolerate pedophilia, racism, and genocide. I love rape, murder, and torture.

"Tolerance and love" is like the president promising "change". It's just a pretty word that retarded people think is inherently positive.

>if you make a TV show about a place were most people are a certain race, don't shoehorn characters that don't fit
I agree. Shit like pic related makes me mad. And the whole "Iron Fist should be Asian" thing. These people who so desperately want equal representation end up outing themselves as ignorant and sometimes racist themselves because they think every place in the world must be a melting pot like New York or California.

I hate it when people say that.

I imagine it's pretty much the same as looking at a successful athlete and saying "Wow he's so good, I wonder what steroids he's using!"

>Not understanding the difference between accepting someone who is gay and someone who wants to have sex with a minor who cannot give consent.

For fuck's sake, just make a comparison to Hitler already and get Godwin's Law over with.

VAGINAS ON TRANSFORMERS.

Granted, it's mostly the fandom being overrun by tumblr, but at least valves were just holes.

Pretty much. The people say this are usually the most uninteresting, creatively defunct pieces of shit you'll ever have the displeasure of making conversation with.

>Is it that hard to relate to someone or enjoy their character if they're not the exact same as you?

I can't speak for others, I don't need characters to be just like me, that's dumb, but I really don't have any interest in reading bad books. The 'black' books I've read usually can't get past how black and progressive they are, or push a heavy anti white stance.

I'm the whitest guy in this thread and Night Thrasher was my jam in the 90s. No one cared he was black, he was like a kick ass skateboarding Bruce Wayne, with a black ninja Alfred and a black girlfriend. Shit was cash.

Tolerance and love just means being nice to everyone, even people who don't share your beliefs and/or aren't nice to you. Obviously you'd intervene to protect people, but there's a difference between helping victims and punishing victimizers.

My friend I know. I know.

Way to miss the point.

The point is that buzzwords like "tolerance" or "acceptance" or whatever else are never inherently good. What if a military started tolerating weakness in its soldiers? What if scientists started tolerating slipshod methods? What if society tolerated a bunch of mentally unfit nuts to try and influence it?

>character who is considered competent jobs to show how badass or amazing another character is

This infuriates me

>What if a military started tolerating weakness in its soldiers? What if scientists started tolerating slipshod methods? What if society tolerated a bunch of mentally unfit nuts to try and influence it?

All of those things can be objectively measured, so it wouldn't be a matter of tolerance.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheWorfEffect

Your point was fucking stupid to begin with. You're trying to equate life style tolerance and acceptance with fucking military strategy and murder for Christ's sake.

Gay isn't the same as pedo or bestiality no matter how much you want your shitty argument to "have points" to it. The key factor in those is that neither a child or animal can give proper consent. If your Mom and Dad were the exact same people but both were guys, there should be no reason to think they should not have the same privileges as two straight people in love.

You're terrible at debating and you should honestly stop here before you make yourself look like a bigger idiot than you are.

People who refuse to read something just because it doesn't have their own race as the MC

white people

The point I'm making is that just because a child sees it on television, doesn't mean he's going to copy it.
And call me naive, but I think most parents will be more than willing to talk and educate their children about the things on tv and let them eventually make something of it on their own.

The thing I hate the most about the current TMNT series is everyone jobs to this asshole.

There is literally an episode where he is comatose in a bathtub with a crippled leg, and everyone still jobs and needs him to save them.

You've failed at reading comprehension despite having the entire point spelled out for you. I made the original example to point out how "tolerance" and "love" can be used just as easily to be negative as positive. The examples were deliberately extreme to stress that.

>If your Mom and Dad were the exact same people but both were guys

Then they wouldn't be the exact same people. In fact, as you might have learned had you passed middle school, I wouldn't exist if mom and dad weren't a "mom" and a "dad".

> there should be no reason to think they should not have the same privileges as two straight people in love.

What privilege do they not have that they don't already?

Not having MJ as a main character in ASM.

Not having a Catwoman ongoing.

Superman portrayed as a dumb/thuggish.

People who won't shut the fuck up about cape movies. Worse, people who assume being into comics automatically means you're into shitty movie adaptations of comics. It's like if someone told me they read a lot and I started going on huge fucking rambles about a Harry Potter videogame or some other bullshit.

Ticks me off when the writers are obviously playing favorites at the expense of other characters.

>What privilege do they not have that they don't already?

First world: Marriage and stuff that come with it like health/insurance benefits, ease of inheritance, and so on.

Third world: to not get murdered for public displays of affection.

This desu. It's starting to get annoying see people complain about SU. In fact, I see more people complaining about SU then liking it.

Young people who can't appreciate how much better the old days were and how things from back then were just infinitely superior to the garbage they churn out now.

You're trying to make a point but doing an absolute shit job at it because no, the examples of tolerance being used "negatively" are not actual examples of tolerance. There is no such thing as "tolerating murder", that's called turning a blind eye to a crime.

Your extremism is hurting you way more than helping.

>Then they wouldn't be the exact same people
Same personality and mannerisms you "I take things literal" fuckwit.

>I wouldn't exist if mom and dad weren't a "mom" and a "dad".
>What is adoption?

You're being outrageously obtuse for the sake of holding a point of view that is incredibly stupid.

t. 21 year old

Tell me I'm not alone man.
Tell me I'm not the only one in the world who sat there confused for the rest of the movie the first time I saw it.
It's one of the biggest, wider-than-Kim-Kardashian's-snatch holes in any plot and I've never seen anyone else comment on it.
Just tell me I'm not the only person who noticed this.

I literally never thought about this until you mentioned it. Now it bugs the hell out of me.

Maybe he was getting the ice for the trolls?

tumblr turns to Sup Forums
4chan turns to reddit
reddit turns to tumblr

>Marriage and stuff that come with it like health/insurance benefits, ease of inheritance, and so on.

Don't they have civil unions or something which afford them similar benefits?

He didn't know the trolls until he was hauling that ice cube through the woods for absolutely no reason. That's when they kidnapped him.

You should look up the term changeling

If you're talking about America, gay marriage is just straight up legal now thanks to the supreme court. In fact, I don't believe there's a single first world country left where gays can't get married.

Civil unions are not under federal law, so stuff like filing joint taxes, employee benefits for federal employee and submitting migration forms are different.

I meant before. I just never got the necessity of forcing it.

Why? They have been exiled to /trash/ since December from last year.

Unless you're talking about of the guys who spam threads in every friday with an invitation to play the games in /trash/.

There's a few, though civil unions are still allowed in pretty much all of them I think.

Didn't have the same legal benefits.

Australia still isn't there yet.

Hey, fuck you.
That's what I'm always doing.
Hell, I do it even with athletes who are not successful.

Beautiful

I support gay marriage, but I don't think the Supreme Court had the right to do that. All powers not given to the federal government are under the jurisdiction of the states. But I'm getting too political.