Poisoned Dingoes and Goats

theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/aug/18/queensland-shuts-down-inhumane-goat-cull-using-poisoned-dingoes

So how exactly did this idea win out over normal culling methods?

Less work for land managers, probably cost less, and more efficient. Its far-fetched, but I like it.

Because fuck dingos

I don't see how its better than a bunch of hunters with guns.
With the dingos they sterilize them, transport them all they way over there and then poison them. I might be wrong but I was under the impression a sick predator is a poor predator.

how the fuck do you poison a dingo to be used to kill goats?

all the article says is they were surgically sterilized

Nah, the goats kill the dingoes and eat the infected meat

Why are they feeding poisoned dingoes to goats?

Why would Australians poison their babies?

>The Hinchinbrook shire council had decided to release dogs implanted with time-delayed poison pellets on Pelorus Island, north of Townsville, to kill baby goats as a form of pest control.

Stop eating dog you god damn gook.

i didnt think goats would do that honestly

Okay so the dogs eat the goats, then after the pest control is over the poison releases, killing the dingoes.

the poison is time released, 18 months if i recall

mate, you haven't seen our wild goats. they'll take a finger off if you're not careful

Didn't see that when I looked, but that makes it a lot more feasible.

In theory it's a good, cheap, and effective plan.. but it is pretty stupid when you consider the dingos aren't just going to eat the fucking goats. At least somebody realized there's shit on the island that are going to get fucked over by introducing this species, even if it's only temporary.

If only people would have thought about introducing cats to the entire fucking world.

looking at that sheath, i'd rather the dingos fuck me

fuck that shit feral goats

ive been looking about them and they seem like dicks

we have feral hogs here in texas and coyotes but they are usually only in the countryside

That plan sounds fucking fantastic. Why did they destroy it? Dingoes aren't even native to Australia, so killing them isn't a problem.

>Dingoes aren't just going to eat the baby goats
They will. They'd prefer that over anything else that's out there.
Dingoes knowingly risk their lives going after baby livestock in our farms. Baby livestock apparently beats whatever the hell is in our outback.
The plan seems pretty bulletproof.

You should move here, then

i'm right on the border. i can make day trips up there. hide yo dogs

Does the knot hurt much?

it does if the dog is inexperienced and tries to pull it out while it's at its full size. when it goes in, it's fairly small, so it's not a big deal, same thing when it naturally slips out.

if it gets pulled out forcefully though, it fucking hurts both you and the dog.

How do poisoned dingoes cull goats? Goats don't even eat Dingoes

I thought it hurts too when entering or can rip your ass apart when swelling inside