We're running out of good villains

Last season had Ramsay. Euron seems to be the de facto villain for this season.
But now that the Freys are dead, it's only Cersei and Euron left. There doesn't actually seem to be very many antagonists for Jon or Daenerys left.
I think that's why the season so far feels weak. The list of relevant characters seem to be growing very very thin.

The season feels weak because it is weak.

It's the first time the showrunners have been completely, utterly, on their own (with perhaps a few paragraphs of story outline from JRRFatfuck), and so everything seems completely haphazard.

Episode 3 was a disjointed mishmash of overly long scenes and timeleaps of weeks and months.

TEN\

cersei euron and the night king are all the villains you need for the last 2 seasons.

How does anyone not know many is the villain at this point?

She's bringing an army of rape and nukes, she wins by making a wasteland.

*Dany, fucking autocorrect

Danerys heel turn before the end of the season.

I have no problem with them thinning out the villains so they can focus on the real villain coming from the north. With few episodes left they need to focus on the biggest danger in the series.

Well the show is going to end and the Night King hasn't done anything yet. So it makes sense, round down the villains before the big bad boss shows up.

They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace.

So is this the last season? I thought they were gonna make 8
It's better if it is, means they won't drag preparatives as much but I think they will

One season left but only 6 episodes

>Cersei
>Villain

Lannisters did nothing wrong. They are just protecting themselves against the Stark wolf Littlefinger sicced against them. Littlefinger is the one true villain.

This season will sort out Westeros with the Night king attacking the wall in the last/penultimate episode. Next season will be the defeat of Night king and the proclamation of a Westeros republic because whatever protagonist will remain will refuse the throne *vomit*

>ramsay
>good villain

they are cutting a book's worth of story into 2 shorter seasons

The problem with the Night King as a villain is that he's not human and driven by completely alien motivations so you can't get good drama out of him.
Instead of having all the antagonists die before the Night King comes, it would be more interesting to see how they stack up/react to a confirmed undead threat.

Personally I feel they need to introduce more antagonists as imposing as Ramsay/Tywin/Walder Frey before the series end. Right now the 'good' seem to vastly outnumber the 'bad'. The problem is there are so many 'good' characters whose plotlines they have to resolve like the Brotherhood Without Banners (with Sandor Clegane), Jorah, Samwell Tarly etc. At this point in time, with so few episodes left I don't see them doing it. I feel like they're wasting a lot of screen time on inconsequential stuff.

The most interesting character this season for me personally is Randyll Tarly. He has potential. Euron I feel like came on too strong that he already feels passe.

A FINGER IN THE BUM?

Oh, and I'd also like to add. They SERIOUSLY need to give more screen time to Bran's visions of the past as the three-eyed raven. That's the kind of stuff that's truly interesting and what I watch GOT for.

Ramsay is a shit villain, he's a low IQ sadist savage who can't control himself

Roose was supposed to be the endgame in the North, which would have made it 10 times more interesting, but because D&D are brainlets they went with the hacky overthetop Bastard

>A whore with tattoos
>nothing wrong
I bet you also jerk off to larking love

When will you people finally realize that Qyburn is the Night's King?

Ramsay was a caricature

>cant distinguish between an actress and her character
Literally autism

You do realize there are only 10 episodes left in the entire show, right? How many villains are you expecting?

It's stupid because they missed the chance to turn Dany into a true villain. It probably would have been well recieved. Having an established hero to villain story is rare, it wouldn't be out of left field (she's already pretty crazy and cunty), and her fans can still YES QUEEN SLAAAAYY when she goes around burning cities.

My problem is that suddenly they started rushing through the show. It's like they suddenly realized how close to the end they are, and have pushed fast forward on everything.

Like how many major characters have already died this season?

Or shit like the greyscale being cured in like 2 episodes, when in the past that would have been a whole season arc on the past.

It makes it hard to get invested, because the pacing and consequently the scripting is totally out of wack.

>Lannisters did nothing wrong. They are just protecting themselves against the Stark wolf Littlefinger sicced against them. Littlefinger is the one true villain.

Um, they literally stole the throne with no entitlement to it whatsoever. The only reason Cersei is on the throne is because she lied about her incestuous offspring being Robert Baratheon's, and those incestuous offspring are now dead. And why are they dead? Because Cersei is a wretched cunt that brings ruin to all around her. She always has to get revenge, always, and because of that, she's spent her entire life in a loop of self-feeding vengeance, which we all know ends with her looking so monstrous, Jaime strangles her to death.

She is already a villain bringing foreign rapists

This, they should've killed Ramsay

>My problem is that suddenly they started rushing through the show. It's like they suddenly realized how close to the end they are, and have pushed fast forward on everything.
>Like how many major characters have already died this season?
>Or shit like the greyscale being cured in like 2 episodes, when in the past that would have been a whole season arc on the past.

Compare this to season 3, where Rob Stark's war was brought to an abrupt end in a single episode, or season 5, where the Sept of Balor was destroyed and instantaneously brought an end to every storyline involving Margaery and Loras Tyrell, and the High Sparrow. You say his grayscale was cured in 2 episodes, and yet, dude's been running around with it for like 3 seasons.

Found the Stark cuck

Maybe they shouldn't have stopped introducing new characters in what's supposed to be a grand-scale story all of a sudden me thinks

Is that the same cloak Jon was wearing this episode ?

Sieges have gone from entire ep09s to five minute cutaways. It is undeniable that the pacing this season has been at a breakneck because the show runners are well aware of how many loose threads this series has to tie up, a problem that Martin has with it too

>Lannisters did nothing wrong.

Holy shit, have we really stooped to this level?

Why are there so many edgelords on Sup Forums these days? What happened?

>a show that once built its foundations on moral ambiguity and the political schism of pragmatism versus principles
>"we need more villains"

"Villains" are a big part of why this series has completely gone to shit - characters that only exist to be killed for the satisfaction of the audience. The show now deals in black and white morality with goodies and baddies. It's boring as fuck.

>you're an edgelord if you have a difference of opinion on a shitty fantasy show

Imagine fucking around for entire seasons where virtually nothing happens before realising that you have ~12 episodes to wrap everything up at light speed. Sad!

>There doesn't actually seem to be very many antagonists for Jon or Daenerys left.
Yeah, the white walkers aren't around any more.