The Flash season 3 to feature THREE evil speedsters

>The Rival (pictured)
>Savitar
>Black Flash

comicbook.com/dc/2016/08/24/heres-who-todd-lasance-is-really-playing-on-the-flash/

comicbookmovie.com/the_flash/it-sounds-like-teddy-sears-will-return-as-the-villainous-black-flash-in-a144686

I'm bored with evil speedsters, now.

They some creative writers.

How are they going to cram three new mentors into Barry's life and still have time for each to betray him?

This, we need something else. I know the Flash has other good non-speedster villains.

> Black Flash

So wally is evil now?

Yes that is exactly what's happening

The finale will be epic, Barry will need 3 pep talks by his mentor to run slightly Faster!!

Evil speedsters are boring. Give me Rogues!

not to mention eobard is gonna be back and i'm betting he'll survive the flashpoint and move on to LOT from there

Mirror Master, Top and Magenta are confirmed for early season appearances. Cold and Weather Wizard are gonna be back and there's hints of a two-part Gorilla City episode with Grodd.

That's the Rival? I thought that was gonna be Savitar.

>three speedsters
>+ eobard is still around
Does there REALLY need to be a new villainous speedster each season?

Flash has nothing else to fight in the comics either thanks to Johns.

Oh for fuck sake CW. Figures this show goes the same route as ARROW (which was never good to begin with). We're on the 3rd season and the Rogues are fucking nothing. Captain Cold? Not even his arch foe. Their "Rogues" consist of 3 people maximum and theyre basically backseat to everything else in the plot. Not only that, but we are JUST NOW getting Mirror Master and he doesnt sound that great sadly.

What else is he going to fight?

Grodd? Too expensive.

The Rogues? They can't even GO FAST.

The only thing that could be a match for the Flash is a foe that could keep up with his speed.

They need The Top! A spinning Speedster!

And New52 proved that The Cheetah could catch the Flash, so let's use her too.

dammit, I was really hoping for Grodd to be the next big villain.

Didn't Barry and Iris's kids have some dumb spinning powers or something?

>The Rogues? They can't even GO FAST.
But that's the whole point of the Rogues -- that despite having no powers, they manage to create technology that can make them a threat to the Flash.

Savitar hasn't been casted yet, Greg Berlanti confirmed today. He'll probably only show up closer to the winter finale.

Well Eobard is slated to appear regularly on LOT so he won't really be popping up that much after Flashpoint. Black Flash is confirmed to exist, but Kreisberg already said he would only be a guest role if he even shows up this season. And Rival will only stick around for Flashpoint as Wally's enemy.

So even if we account Eobard as showing up periodically, that's only two.

But Johns only created one and killed Savitar anyway to balance the scales. He certainly wanted to do more but I don't see how you blame him when most of his work featured other villains.

Except these Rogues are severely nerfed compared to their comic counterparts. Captain Cold for example emitted a cold wave from his body that slowed down atoms, and Flash just enough so he could get a clear shot at him. Heatwave on the other hand had the opposite and was able to create a hostile enviroment, not to mention getting hot enough to melt Flash's boots (think about that). And so on. But regardless The Rogues we're also a TEAM that could go toe to toe with The Flash, something CW keeps forgetting.

MAX MERCURY WHEN?

>Give me Rogues!

You can't have Rouges, they are anti-heroes.
Johns wanted his pet characters to be popular SO hard that he pitched the hell out of them as HEROES.

>and there's hints of a two-part Gorilla City episode with Grodd.

That's the worst thing we can get, they will take the budget from other episodes, fill them with Drama Bullshit, so they can do a 2 parters with barely dicent CGI where they hide all the time in caves and there's no gorrillas

Confirmed and casted as a chick.

the problem is that they don't want to make the rogues regular appearing because they would have to pay the actors more money. notice how hunter-jay was supposed to be on Earth-1 all season long but there were multiple episodes where his presence wasn't accounted for at all?

Wasn't it shown that Captain Cold could easily kill speedsters if he wanted to? He just didn't kill the Flash cause he saw them as having an arrangement to not kill each other.

Maybe in your and Johns' fanfictions. They couldn't even make Boomerang do squat against Flash in the DCEU.

And he also gave Barry an unnecessary Batman origin that's been infecting everything Flash-related since. Barry's gone from being the Fastest Man Alive to High-Speed Mommy Issues.

They were never really anti-heroic unless you consider killing other villains to maintain their turf as that, which would be dumb.

>But that's the whole point of the Rogues -- that despite having no powers, they manage to create technology that can make them a threat to the Flash.
Yes, but you can't really portray those goofy abilities in a live show, so they are reduced to goons pointing weapons at a guy who can run faster than a rifle bullet. Which really looks silly.

Where'd you hear that he's the Rival?

We're getting the Top, but he's gonna be a woman.

That's disappointing.

I hate how writers run too far with minor redeeming qualities. It was part of the Suicide Squad movies problem. Sure not everything is black and white, and The Rogues were thieves with a code, but they were still criminals goddammit. When it was killed or be killed, they didnt hesitate to kill. Their books in Forever Evil was fun and Id totally read an ongoing, but not if it sacrifices their dynamic

>And he also gave Barry an unnecessary Batman origin that's been infecting everything Flash-related since. Barry's gone from being the Fastest Man Alive to High-Speed Mommy Issues.

What does that have to do with the TV show only using speedster villains? Did you even read the post I was replying to or are you simply taking the opportunity of a Johns mention to vent your frustrations even when they don't apply to the conversation?

This time Barry will appear as a mentor to Wally, then Wally will be betrayed by Barry when he finds out Barry's been keeping Eobard prisoner in his Zoom dungeon.

read the first link posted in the OP

The DCEU powerlevel is pretty high, it's higher than most animated versions even.

Superman ALONE in MoS was already 900 times faster than CW Flash who was barely twice times faster than sound for 2 seasons and is currently only 14 faster than that.

Then how did he go back in time?

Comic Cold/Flash had some level of mutual respect and understanding. In the show its a handled kind of sloppy. The only reason why CW Cold is a threat to Barry is because CW Barry is mostly an idiot and it became more of a game between them

This, the DCEU powerhouses are essentially immune to anything that isn't their Own Evil Clone.

Zod and Supes literally could not find anything to harm each other with aside from their bare hands. DCEU Flash is likely to be Fox Quicksilver on Redbull.

He's just shitposting. Barry has obviously gone faster than light.

Hurricane twins.

That's even worse.

Tornado Twins.

>Zod and Supes literally could not find anything to harm each other with aside from their bare hands.

That fight made the endings of BvS and Suicide Squad so fucking lame in comparison.

Sluggish laser mouth cave troll and Blue Beam Death Sky World Beam warehouse brawl.

>Gorilla War arc in New 52
Rogues team up with Flash to rid Central City of Gorillas
>Forever Evil
Rogues don't like the villains being so villainous and so save the day.

The real problem is that the CW writers lack creativity and can't think of a way to write convincing threats that don't involve someone faster. They've shown similar weaknesses last season when they just killed off the Earth-2 villains early on because they aren't good enough to think of other ways to stop them. It's not really laziness, just lack of talent.

They cant because A-the budget and B- they fucked themselves early when first introducing these characters. Also I hate how this show pick and chooses what is and isnt consider silly. Like you have Rupture wearing a cosplay outfit yet Cold has to walk around in a parka and Heatwave in regular fire gear?

Since we have Wally playing a big part now, and the Iris romance subplot is about as drawn out as it can be, I think this season could be a good chance for Trial of Barry Allen.

Eobard kills Iris, Barry kills Eobard, gets put on trial for it, is what it was in a nutshell.

If they don't want to kill her off entirely, just kill her for now and then use the same escape clause they used in the comics, where she was teleported forward in time right before her death and lived in the future for awhile.

Cold was never his archfoe, you dumbfuck. It was always Reverse-Flash.

We are talking about the show.

Yeah, i agree.

>What does that have to do with the TV show only using speedster villains?

Not him but Johns masturbation over Cold is the reason we can't have him as a villian anymore. He is a poor poor sexy bad boy that had a mean dad.

>We're getting the Top, but he's gonna be a woman.
Not really sure why they need to gender bend the Top but his gender doesn't really play into his story anyway. I mean, apart from the time he possessed Barry's Dad iirc.

Savitar is really interesting and has so many powers that he's not really just another speedster.

Dude basically has Telekinesis, super regeneration, the ability to age and deage people, blah blah. He's the catalyst for all the bullshit speed powers.

It was mostly because they were fucking up Central City, their home and place of business. So you loot a few places, whats that matter if the Crime Syndicate fucks the world up? Hell Cold only worked for Luthor because he wanted to rob him

>Maybe in your and Johns' fanfictions

So you admit its been done in the comics then

I mean, they had super speed, but their main maneuver was the tornadoes.

You are mistaking protagonism as heroism. That was just selfishness to maintain the status quo.

Thanks, I knew it sounded wrong coming out.

Gotham did it with Firefly, they dont really give a fuck with that kind of thing when it comes to C/D listers.

Remember that brief period after season 2 when we were told the show wasn't just going to add more evil speedsters as villains?

>where she was teleported forward in time right before her death and lived in the future for awhile.
That wasn't what it was though. Her soul got captured by her parents in the future and put in a new body which she then used to go back in time and affect the trial.

No way the audience eats that up.

Same. And they all have the same costume, too, which is getting pretty lame

nope

Okay yeah RF was the bigger threat/antagonist, youre right, but Cold is still up there. The point is Cold doesnt really have the presence he should on a Flash show

Yeah seeing Savitar means we are going to see more speed force development and probably a few new powers for Barry.

He's a tool for speed-plot progression rather than being a speed foe.

Barry will probably copy from Wally and learn about speed lending to throw him in the speed force.

It makes sense that Savitar is going to show up now too, granted barry entered the speed force and came out in S2.

The guy you are responding to is a tool. Johns doesn't have fan fictions, they guy is the biggest contributor to DC. His fan fictions are what we call canon.

CW has the worst costuming department. At first I thought maybe it was the budget but now I realize its laziness and shit designs.

That was to protect their identity though I think. Someone was hunting them or the Flash's were outlawed after a false flag attack or similiar. They then ended up dying shittily.

>A few new powers for Barry
That doesnt really mean a whole lot user since Barry forgets half of his abilities most days and needs people screaming in his earpiece to remind him

because Rogue War was just speedsters

people just want to rip off his Zoom and Reverse Flash stories

The thing with Savitar is Wally was faster, but couldn't do SHIT against his powers. He had to trick him to beat him. That's the important thing about Savitar -- he's fast enough that you don't have to go "Why doesn't Barry just beat him super fast?" and he's otherwise super freaking powerful in other ways.

Yeah I don't consider CW Barry to be a good representation of the character at all. I find it funny that people are wanting him as DCEU Barry.

>because Rogue War was just speedsters
lol no it wasn't. The whole impetus of the arc was identity crisis and the top being mind controlled and having then mind controlled other rogues. The speedsters didn't show up until back page twists half way through.

No he hasnt you dumbass. They ahd stated his speed several times.
When Barry Jumps in time it's just the speed force, it's not him going FTL.

The doomsday fight was good, the problem was that the pace of the last 40 minutes was terrible: Batman/superman fight then the Warehouse fight, then Doomsday fight. It was too much, too short without time to breath.
The doomsday fight also suffered from the Oniric Filter that snyder used in most superman parts.

The idea was to make superman and wonder woman look "dreamy", pure fantasy, like as if we were imaging them, the stuff from legends, that can work REALLY well in slow moving scenes, it's the same he did with the Tree of life in 300, but with a different intention.
If you watch the movie the batman parts are mostly realistic, "human", but his dreams are not, then in the fight with superman the style starts to change, while in the warehouse fight it's still look like a "normal" brawl, but the minute he steps into a fight with Wonder woman and superman he is part of the same "oniric" moments.

The intention was good, and from an artistic point of view it was a really good idea, it's the same comic artists do with spreads. The problem is the execution, it failed hard, not only already the pace of the movie wouldnt let you enjoy it, but the action was so frenetic that instead of really good and stylized CGI, the only thing you get is a blury mess.
Zack's "stuff from legends" and "fighting gods" looked like a cut scene from a shitty videogame.

Terrible execution.

>He had to trick him to beat him.
Even better than that, Wally knew that you needed an anchor to escape the speedforce and Savitar had none.

It was outsmarted rather than tricked.

Rupture's outfit was fine because he's from a wacky different world and he was only on screen for 20 seconds.

To be fair, the ending of Rogue War being about speedsters was because Johns had to wrap up his run early and still wanted the finale he wanted, so he worked in his big double flash/double reverse flash combo.

Or atleast that's the running theory considering he crammed a lot of shit together at the end and immediately moved onto a huge project, and Flash sales were tanking even at the end of his run.

>Johns doesn't have fan fiction

No, Johns is a guy that has been forcing the headcanon and fanfic he had when he was a kid as canon, ignoring other writers and pushing his stuff in the media. Why do you defend the guy? i don't know.

They've shown them all. I knew when watching a bit of season one and tracking it on Sup Forums more that it couldn't last. The show was "good" because it was hyping the fans by giving them everything they wanted. The problem with that is when you give the fans everything they want too quickly, you run out of things to impress them with. You've had Captain Cold, Gorilla Grodd, hell even KING SHARK. Where on Earth do you go from that? How many more surprises could the show really throw at the fans at this point?

You're getting most of the Rogues, including Magenta, the Top, Dr Alchemy, Mirror Master, etc.

>and Flash sales were tanking even at the end of his run.
It's my favourite Flash story, I can't fathom why it wasn't selling.

I think another evil speedster for the season would be cool but I don't want them to be the over arcing villain of the whole thing. Let alone 3 evil speedsters now, like yo chill.

Well the trick was getting him to follow Wally to the Speed Force.

Tricking is usually a matter of outsmarting anyhow.

What the fuck? He's the best modern Rogues writer

I hope he meets the speed force again and has to do a song to escape

>No, Johns is a guy that has been forcing the headcanon and fanfic he had when he was a kid as canon
Which by definition means it ain't fan fiction. It's not fiction, it's canon.

>What the fuck? He's the best modern Rogues writer
Ignore that dude, he is an idiot and seems to think anything Johns writes is fan fiction.

It's not canon anymore. Only the good stories are canon ;)

They said there's no immediate plans for the Black Flash, but given the way shooting/airing is scheduled for these shows its definitely possible he could show up in the latter half of the season

He's practically the ONLY modern Rogues writer. Morrison created Mirror Master and WML had that one 10/10 issue but they were largely benched pre-Johns purely because Waid didn't like them.

>Not really sure why they need to gender bend the Top but his gender doesn't really play into his story anyway

Exactly, the show is sausage fest as it is, get some booty in there.

Published writings under the companies banner are by definition not fan fiction.

I mean, sales weren't the worst ever. They were still better than Barry's been selling since the New 52 bump faded off (wally was around 50k or whatever, New 52 Barry has regularly been around 35k-40k). But back then more was expected of The Flash title considering the enormous success Waid had and earlier Johns had.

Manapul had a good go.

>It's not fiction
Nigga what

That mask looks stupid as fuck

>Johns has made THIS many neckbeards assblasted

Christ

>Fan fiction or fanfiction (also abbreviated to fan fic, fanfic, or fic) is fiction about characters or settings from an original work of fiction, created by fans of that work rather than by its creator

Johns is a Fan Fiction writer. and his work includes pretty shitty edgy OCs.

They really have no idea what they are doing.

This just frustrates me so much.

50k doesn't seem like numbers that warrant getting rid of Wally.