About to watch this. What do I think of it?

About to watch this. What do I think of it?

Great film about a mother-daughter relationship and embracement of life/death set in a sci fi setting with great sound design.
Don't expect a hard sci fi film about ayylmaos, it's not about that.

Decent untill the asspull of the end.

it's shit

Complete shit.

The aliens just make autistic noises and the audience is supposed to think its cool but its just retarded like op

I've yet to hear a single buzzword-free valid argument against Arrival except the usual "I DON'T FIND THE WRITTEN NARRATIVE PLAUSIBLE OR REALISTIC THEREFORE THE ENTIRE FILM IS SHIT" or "BORING REDDIT IMDB PLEB SHIT" meaningless comments,

its sensational
Only problem is that the books message gets compromised because one of the writers couldnt agree with what it was trying to say about our reality

Think of Interstellar if its human aspects didn't clash with its science fiction aspects.

Treats you family well and expects you to get everything to understand it. A little handholdy at times, because it wants yo to get the movie, but in the end it has faith in your intelligence.
Good movie, one of the best Scifi movies of the decade so far.

A normie couple walked out of the cinema 20 minutes in because there was just dialogue and no lasers.

Film is A-OK.

They took a story that used the nature of the written medium to add interesting and thoughtful interpretations and poorly translated that into film.

Also added a dumb fucking "save the world" climax along with Chinese pandering.

>They took a story that used the nature of the written medium to add interesting and thoughtful interpretations and poorly translated that into film.
You just said that the written story is poorly translated into a film, that's not an argument, tell me WHY do you think it's poorly translated into the film

She takes the Alien spacecraft landing on Earth very calmly in the first parts of the movie. I would be shitting my pants if this happened.

Because of the ambiguity of the textual medium, it's never made apparent in the short story whether she's actually seeing into the future or if she's merely perceiving her memories simultaneously after those events happened. The film meanwhile makes it explicit that she basically has superpowers and uses it to avert a global crisis.

It's sappy shit for idiots

too feminist

I watched this with my partners parents and her father said "fucking alt-right" as the bomb was planted on the ship

The movie is globalist propaganda.

>all these fags getting overly emotional
It's just a movie lads. It's decent entertainment; you'll probably enjoy it.

I watched up until they saw the alien then paused it to make food then came back and decided to do something else. I don't know why because I love anything sci fi. I guess I'll get round to it sometime

What would you even try to get across? That we know we're on the third planet from our sun and have a moon or something?

>Ayy lmao

It was OK-ish.

The movie is honestly too DEEP for almost EVERYONE ITT

Movie about first contact and understanding ruined by History Channel bullshit and forced drama.

The only forced drama in the plot was the Chinese president wanting to go superman on the aliens because MUH HUMANITY.

wtf i love china now

Chick flick disguised as sci-fi.

Watching it now and had to stop.

>here's an audio file some aliens spoke in
>ok can you translate it
This has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

>pausing a film just to post on an imageboard
neck yourself

Well it's not like I have any friends to mention this to.

The problem is you pausing it and feeling the need to tell anyone about the scene you just witnessed instead of just watching the damn film at once and then spewing whatever bullshit you want.

i liked it a lot. contrarians on Sup Forums will say otherwise

boring af famalam. fell asleep about 30 minutes in this movie

I am convinced you are a filthy ameritard casual, you don't even have to confirm.it.

I actually liked it. It was comfy

AMA

Nothing wrong with being an ameritard casual faggot. You are just jealous of not being born in the greatest country in the world.

Well not being able to stay awake while watching a simple ass movie seems like a bad thing to me.

Did you got the ending?

yea i thought it was a great ending desu. a little "hollywood"/cheesy with the whole saving the world thing, but what major movie isn't ?

Tell what was the ending about then.

What is this, spoonfeed central?

You didn't get, I see.

Exactly this.

Is that what you see, when your kids drink that venomous american tapwater?

The alien language was actually an alien language. That surprised me

this is some other guy

this is me

why do you want me to tell you the ending? you can literally look it up on wikipedia.

she started seeing visions of the future after learning the alien's language. the aliens foresaw that they'd need earth's help in 3000 years so they showed up to teach them their language so they can help in the future. the girl marries the guy and they have a daughter, but the guy leaves her cause he finds out that she knew the daughter would be terminally ill and die young

did i miss something?

> looking up the ending

You disgust me.

nigger, I WATCHED THE MOVIE. and no i didn't look up the ending beforehand.

there i just told you the ending from my perspective. what differences does it make if i tell you vs looking it up

holy shit are you retarded. am i being trolled?

Why did she started seeing the future after reading the alien language?

that isn't explained

Is the whole fucking point of the movie.

you didnt like it a lot and im not being contrarian

go ahead and explain it to me then

What is this, spoonfeed central?

lol i'm not the guy that said that to you. also, the question as to WHY she starts seeing the future is pretty much up for interpretation

you're getting pretty angry so i suggest you step outside and get some air, lad. then refill your autismo meds

An even more feminist version of Contact.