Writers who have yet to write a bad comic

Writers who have yet to write a bad comic.

I honestly think his Joker story was super over rated. It's good and i understand why people like it, but thinking that it's 'The' quintesential Joker character study is pretty rediculouse.
His Lex Luthor on the otherhand is pretty great

>For Tomorrow
>Before Watchmen

nope

ok.
but I meant post yours favorite writers.

Mark Waid
Rick Remender
Si Spurrier

You can debate whether or not some of their stuff is mediocre, but certainly not bad.

grantmorrisonspoiler]

Neil Gaiman

Strictly speaking, most the people in this thread.

Scott snyder

I never saw Joker as much of a character study like Luthor. It was a fun update of Golden Age Joker, though.

Memender wrote Axis and Waid's second run on Flash.

He has yet to write a good Batman comic.

There were a 1 or 2 pretty shit storylines in 100 Bullets. That pointless cowboy who rolled dice for example

WOnder Woman

...was good

patrician taste desu

>For Tomorrow

Superfags still triggered

How is it patrician if it's a famous writer?

Superman is being in this comic as a man, with normal man's emotions and reactions which Superman SHOULD be, instead everychilling god, because he is just a man who trying to do right thing as far as he can.

:^)

me, because i haven't written a comic

I'd say his Spider-Man sucked, although in comparison to other stuff like Howard Mackie shit or even current Slott shit, it seems passable.

I can't think of anything bad Dini's done.

Curious, what are Sup Forums's opinions on Roy Thomas overall?

Dini was a part of countdown.

Dini was responsible for the first few episodes of Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon.

>implying Sup Forums has an opinion on any writer who rose to prominence prior to 1985 and isn't effectively a founder of the industry

wat

Did Sup Forums like Spaceman? I thought it was boring

this is a prime example of contrarianism

mark waid's daredevil was not good towards the end

>DKIII

>DK3
>bad

The art carried it.

I'm really divided over Roy Thomas.
I appreciate his fondness for lesser known characters and building little continuity details into interesting stories.
But I found his imitation of Stan Lee's writing style more tiresome than entertaining. And he had a bad habit of having characters just explain their powers and motivations at each other.
I'd say overall, he's better with plotting and editing than narration and dialogue, but that his strengths narrowly outweigh his weaknesses

That's writing Superman wrong because that's Peter Parker. Superman is an ideal.

You are an actual retard
100 bullets was the only good thing he has written and it wasn't that great either

>Mark Waid
Daredevil and Avengers as recent examples, his last run on Flash as an older example
>Rick Remender
Black Science, Franken Castle, Uncanny
>Si Spurrier
X-Force. And he has massive problems in dialogue.

A dopey hangdog who bamboozled his way into comics by posturing as a tough guy cuz he 'hung around in Chicago bars until...TWO AM!" when he's just an Eeyore faced poor man's Garth Ennis* who can pinch his nose when writing capeshit but can never hide that he is apathetic at best & disdainful at worst who thinks he is above the industry.
*not that Ennis is enjoyable either

I'm with you here OP. Azzarello's is definetely my favourite writer, at least in the comicbook medium. I've enjoyed pretty much everything I've read from him...

Then again, I haven't read his BWatchmen and I haven't been following DKIII so... I don't know.

Waid's FF is tooboring to even argue about. Hly shit does it suck.
Spurrier wrote a Crossed story that whilst better than most, is still hot garbage.
Remender: After Dimension X his CA run is pretty bland.

x-men

Remender's Captain America was terribly boring.
That counts as bad in my eyes.

>Franken Castle
>Bad

Let me guess, it didn't have that cringey Garth Ennis maximum overedge so you hate it.

I like FrankenCastle, but kill yourself you cancerous shitbag.

Daredevil.

>Black Science, Franken Castle, Uncanny
None of these are bad though, especially FrankenCastle. You want bad Remender, you go with his Captain America and SIXIS.

Kevin Smith

Don't make me laugh.

>Writers who have yet to write a bad comic.
>Azzarello

I guess you've never read Superman: For Tomorrow, then.

It's a good comic, stop complaining because your precious Superman wasn't shown as perfect

>Brian "i donĀ“t give a shit about continuity" Azzarello

Some of his 90s stuff was average but his track record is still excellent.

Morrison's X-Men is the best shit the Muties have come out with since Claremont left.

Brubaker

Joshua Williamson
We'll see if his Flash changes that though

Azzarello wrote a taxi driver comic?

Tec, Secret avengers

Wrong.

Lmao what is, if you say Wheden im gonna die of laughter.

Milligan's X-Force/X-Statix.

Mark Millar post Red Son.

>Wheden im
I knew Morrisonfags were teenagers, I just knew it.

>its good but its not the best thing ever

No I think that's called an opinion. If he said it was the biggest piece of shit ever written maybe you'd have a case

Whedon's Astonishing is actually really good and has the benefit of a consistent good artist instead of a bunch of shitty fill-ins

Kill Your Boyfriend, Joe the Barbarian, Vimanarama, and the worst of the worst: Happy!

Red Son any good?

I think you mean Millar pre Red Son.

Of course not, it sucks.

If I rate bad as something that makes me sneer or feel like I wasted my time , then The King never wrote a bad comic.

Mediocre but not bad. Joe was even good just not great.

Happy wasn't just mediocre, it was straight up awful.

happy

Jack Kirby?

>Mark Waid
Sorry user, but his Daredevil was pretty shit.

What's wrong with Black Science or Franken Castle?

Spaceman certainly could have been better, but it was by no means a bad comic.

>100 Bullets
>not that great
Get a load of this faggot

Is Bendis the best comic book writer evar?!