84% of Star Trek fans have pledged to "watch Orville instead"

>According to the most recent survey on the Star Trek subreddit, 84% of respondents now say they will be boycotting Star Trek: Discovery and watching Seth MacFarlane's sci-fi spoof "The Orville" instead.

Kek even redditors won't be watching STD aka Sexually Transmitted Disease aka Socially Transgendered Diversity. It will be pulled before even completing its first season, calling it now. Screencap this shit, motherfuckers.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U_UVhGe7M4U
screenrant.com/star-trek-discovery-jason-isaacs-captain-lorca-photo/
youtu.be/XX--ggBxu0o
comicbook.com/2017/07/29/star-trek-discovery-god/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why is reddit pissed about it?

*sigh*

Another Sup Forums thread..

haha that will sure show hollywood, switching the dumpster fire you decide to throw your money into

man redditors are geniuses

what kind of reverse psychology marketing is this?

>war-centric plot
>forced diversity
>unnecessary design changes to uniforms, ships and Klingons that break canon
>lens flares

From what I've seen, the two captains shown are female and not white. There is a white male admiral that is just WAR. And going with Klingon war just seems lazy

>Watching anything involving Seth Mcfarlane, especially when he's one of the actors

>>war-centric plot
>>forced diversity
>>unnecessary design changes to uniforms, ships and Klingons that break canon
but is okay when DS9 did it

You do realize the new show is less racially diverse than the original right?

This. The man on the far left will be a sexually harassing admiral that will rape the two female captain leads who have to ally with the WEWUZ Klingons to take him down. Yes, I said TWO female captain leads. The Discovery will have two woman captains because lol fuck canon or even common sense.

>White
>White
>White
>Maybe white, could be Middle Eastern
>Half black
>Alien
>Asian

So where is the "forced diversity"? Also female captains are "non-canon"?

I'm a star trek fan but Discovery looks good, it's just that their updating the look.

Orville looks alright but it's a parody of the TNG era, which is what Discovery has to leave behind.

There will be TWO female captains of the Discovery simultaneously, probably as a lesbian couple. And it's forced because they're Mary Sues.

why are they afraid of making 25th century trek?

You have a link to where they have confirmed the ship will have two captains?

Why does Sup Forums post fake shit all the time?

>>forced diversity
Star Trek basically invented this. How is this a complaint?

The execution matters less than the motivation.

And what does that mean?

they're the typical purveyors of fake news

Do you think Will Riker's continual sexual harassment of female crew (and others) would be tolerated by a competent Starfleet Captain?

ANSWER = HELL NO!

Damn, Riker was inserting his "wiener-doggie" into anything he could hunt up for awhile there. Did that walking hard-on ever consider that other women might be uncomfortable around his "Roman eye" and "Russian fingers"? That's ground for termination right there.

Picard should have destroyed Riker's career right after Riker walked aboard the Enterprise and first started his sleazy behavior. You can't have a horn-dog like Riker demoralizing the other crew as well as giving the Federation a nasty reputation. Hey Riker, do your womanizing in your off-time.

Now Picard is in the position to get canned since the Capt. never tried to correct his behavior or at least stop his Running Buddy Will. Picard knew better so BYE BYE PICARD! BYE BYE WILL!

They'll listen to this advice when those expensive sexual harassment lawsuits start stacking up.

maybe its because time travel becomes super prevalent in the 25th century? whats the point in telling a story fluid time line?

What's with the gym shoes? My, how sci-fi.

Just google it, I won't spoonfeed you.

This. Star Trek literally has a reputation for pushing diversity and progressive values on the screen. And suddenly spergs have a problem with it in this iteration of Star Trek and not all the previous ones?

Fake News.

SAD

It was natural before, people just happened to come from different backgrounds. Now it's forced. Armored Skeptic explains it really well.

youtube.com/watch?v=U_UVhGe7M4U

nu-klingons looks like shiiiieet

As a big trek fan, my favorite is Voyager. I liked the first JJ movie. But the movies didn't bridge together. So I was pretty disappointed it wasn't taking place after Voyager. Its over twenty years since Voyager debuted and they haven't made a story that takes place after that. I didn't grow up in the classic trek timeline. I grew up with TNG and Voyager. So it just sucks they have another Trek take place before or if they are rebooting TOS-like stuff.

You're dumb

Well yeah, the DS9 writers weren't hacks.

>screenrant.com/star-trek-discovery-jason-isaacs-captain-lorca-photo/

>And it is the first Star Trek series that appears to be about two ships and two Captains

Got it, so you were completely shitposting. Have a nice day.

Skeptic is the one that started the SJW rumour that bearing bullies underaged feminists. Both he and Jewonhead are admitted feminists

Because by the 25th century the Federation will be even more "holier than thou " than TNG and have technology superior to pretty much everyone else in the alpha and beta quadrants.

That means no edgy war pseudo sci-fi and they would have to make actual Star Trek.

The diversity in the original show was absolutely forced, this is well known.

My complaint isn't that it's 2 female captains, it's the lazy white male war monger. And the Klingon war that has been used at least 3 times already. I'd like a new story and maybe a alien captain for real diversity. If the federation had so many alien members why the fuck is a crew always 95% human

32 post in and no one ask for a source to op's statement?

>My complaint isn't that it's 2 female captains

Then why did you bring it up in multiple posts and accuse them of "likely being lesbians"? Or are you just backpedaling because you got called the fuck out?

>If the federation had so many alien members why the fuck is a crew always 95% human

Because this is Starfleet, not the Federation.

>Original Star Trek had forced diversity and other social stuff
>lasted only 3 seasons

>TNG, DS9, VOY had a good cast of characters and didn't try to push any diversity but just tell stories with sympathetic crews
>lasted 7 seasons

It actually makes you ponder

That would require superior ambition.

>just happened
Do you honestly think that the diversity in previous Trek series wasn't planned? That they just happened to have a diverse cast with every single iteration by coincidence?

It was "forced" in the sense of wanting to be more inclusive. Now it's pushing an agenda.

>reddit hates it
/our show/ confirmed

Oh please, get the fuck out of your room and don't pretend to know what Star Trek did in the 60. or what Roddenberry thought about it.

You are a pathetic polfuck, that bitches and moans, whenever he sees a person of colour in any meaningful position.

And what is their "agenda" if it's not inclusiveness?

Star Trek was always about the Human Experience. It was never about "dude a WOMAN just fought that alien BARE HANDED DAMNNN"

Notice how the most award winning episodes of Star Trek dont have any focus on pointless action or dude women dude blacks dude race lmao scenes?

They were actual fleshed out characters though. These won't be, they'll just be lesbian tranny Muslims who DON'T NEED NO MAN.

White genocide. You asked.

Oh so we've confirmed there will be lesbians, transgenders, and Muslims on the show? Can you link me to where they revealed this?

IT WAS RODDENBERRYS SPECIFIC "AGENDA", YOU UNEDUCATED INFANT.

Jesus Christ, pol is really a magnet for the unintelligent bottomfeeders, isn't it?

>Natural before
>Created during a period in the 60s when NBC was aggressively pushing diversity on screen
>Star Trek universe literally designed as an all inclusive utopia of every race and culture
>Made a point of having characters from different races and cultures all part of a homogenous society
>Had a black woman in a position of authority, boundary pushing for the time
>Having a Japanese helmsman was a major diversity decision considering post-WWII Japanese resentment
>Featured first interracial kiss on TV literally for diversity purposes

>Armored Skeptic explains it really well.

oh

hi /pol

>lesbian tranny Muslims who DON'T NEED NO MAN
calm down
the only new diversity ground Discovery is breaking for Star Trek is the gay man in the main cast (not counting retconned sulu)

You forgot the Russian on the bridge during the Cold War.

>Orville

This show looks like utter trash. It's lowbrow humor. How many alien piss jokes will their be per episode? A comedic star trek show sounds great. A Seth mc farlane star trek show sounds awful.

>DS9, VOY
>good cast of characters
>didn't try to push any diversity

Did you even watch the shows?

how did michelle yeoh go from big movies to web shows

Don't forget the constant non-sequitur cut away jokes

>If you guys think this is bad you should have seen when I tried to have sex with a Gorignak on Primus IV

Wrong dude, I only mentioned them being female and none white.

Why do aliens even join Starfleet when they could join a ship of their own. Seems like alot of work to go all the way to earth to join Starfleet, even they would have ships of their own. Or is there some benefit like the U.S. gives to all these foreign collage students, played for school, bonus money, Et Cetra

Just Google it.

Oh so you're going to play the "That wasn't me you've been replying to the whole time" card. Moving on.

They didn't push enough. I wanted Hoshi to take over the Enterprise as captain and make T'pol her "number one".

At least the crew is white, hell yeah I'll watch Orville instead.

She got older and was never that big to begin with. Also Malaysian. Still ended up better than Maggie Gyllenhaal.

I want all you cucks to to know this, , this post made me watch ST.
I wasn't planning to watch this because ST and SW are for kids, but just because of this post i'm now going to watch this entire show, week after week or in one go if they relase it that way.

I hate Family Guy as much as the next person, but Seth is a huge Trek fan and I am willing to give him a chance. You can tell CBS doesn't give a fuck about Trek outside of money making at this point.

STLV has some Discovery themed panels this weekend. I might go check them out just to see how bad it actually looks.

youtu.be/XX--ggBxu0o

>tfw the alien is actually 6' tall

>dat lanket ayyy
How can humanlets ever compete
Also...holy diversity famuliars! i see Diverse ST keeps the tradition of never include a fucking spic ever...

>dissenting opinions are all Sup Forums now
the irony is you're the Sup Forumsack

>Just Google it

>lesbians
literally nothing

>transgenders
literally SJWblog speculation. The lead is confirmed female despite being named Michael

>Muslim
They cast Shazad Latif who is of mixed British and Pakistani descent, but considering the actors can't even say "Oh my God," he's probably not Muslim

Ugh, why is the Federation so anthronormative? it's fucking 2254, so just like um no try again?

Confusing user with user is a easy mistake to make you don't need to get all butthurt about it. Thought I could have a legit discussion about lack of alien diversity but hey let's all be short tempered children it's Sup Forums after all

DS9 was shit.

>that top image
Is that from mass effect?

Are you kidding?
That's perfect for modern hack script-writers that can't keep their plotlines straight.

>two captains shown are female

dropped

doctor who already exists

DS9 ran concurrently with TNG. People would have lost their shit if DS9 aired on its own.

>not making a Star Trek/Doctor Who crossover called Doctor Q

In what fucking universe were Sulu and Uhura fleshed out characters? They werent shit until the movies.

Human garbage, like you, also has oppinions.
People, who have actual knowledge on the matter and aren't mad whenever a woman or a person of colour gets a leading role, have another.

But i know, you are the victim here. Fuck off, pol. Noone likes you.

Loved the first episode of DS9 had Picard in it and the first of voyage was on DS9

Don't expect Sup Forums to actually know about the shit they talk about.

>it's a pol pretends to watch Star Trek thread

>But Star Trek was never about diversity!

>name calling, swearing, dehumanizing
yeah, definitely found the Sup Forumsack

Discovery looks boring. If the female captains will be Janeway-tier of evil, I'd watch it.

>it's a "blame the board boogeyman because you have no argument" thread

kek

Big Trek fan here, and I won't be watching it.

The lead actresses are obvious diversity hires but Star Trek has always been about diversity. Those two facts are not mutually exclusive, so to me it still reeks of pandering. Everything needs a female lead now or a black male/white female coupling. That, coupled with the visual style and design choices, including while being set in the main timeline, it's really unappealing.

Seeing Sup Forums be offended by diversity in Star Trek has been the most hilarious thing ever, its almost a parody.

Why do Sup Forumstards always say "muh Sup Forums boogeyman" when they're called out?

What argument?

Care to repeat that, Crewman?

it's like that quote about calling out jews
except it applies to them too

>The recounting goes on to describe Isaacs’ confusion on the matter, where he at believes this to be a censorship issue. “Wait, I can’t say ‘God’?” Isaacs asked. “I thought I could say ‘God’ or ‘damn’ but not ‘goddamn.’”

>When writer Kirsten Beyer explains to Isaacs that it's not a standards and practices issue but a matter of sticking to Roddenberry’s vision of the future, Issacs quips to her, “How about ‘for f**k’s sake’? Can I say that?”

>“You can say that before you can say ‘God,’” Beyer replied.

comicbook.com/2017/07/29/star-trek-discovery-god/

>mfw the injun was mexican and the mexican klingon wasn't...