Seriously, who builds the roads in a Libertarian society?

Seriously, who builds the roads in a Libertarian society?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robber_baron
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The government. Libertarians aren't against public infrastructure. They're against giving mo money to dem programs.

The same people who do now?

Are you fucking retarded OP? Are you legitimately fucking stupid?

We live in a society which transports parts from around the world by land sea and air to assemble a rocket ship and you're telling me we can't build a road? Fucking hell you have to be one of the dumbest people on the planet.

so just stingy republicans?

it really is the most jewish political philosophy huh

Your mom

goys

Wrong, they are against the government
that takes taxes by force

This thread never gets old.

You're confusing minarchy with libertarian you stupid faggot.

Me, I'll do it

You don't need roads when you have flying cars. In a libertarian society, everyone is a polymath and technology has progressed so much more

ok so who pays for the roads? The government is just gonna build them for free? People will donate enough money to build them? what's the plan here, Fryderyk?

The local warlord will pave the gravel roads

Marc Feldman is kill

>butthurt nazi LARPer
people do

the same companies that your current government pays to build them

Read
Explained it all there

> Seriously, who builds the roads in a Libertarian society?
exactly the same people who do it now dipshit

you think the govt sends govt workers out to build a road? fuck no. they hire a private company to do it with tax monies

in a truely libertarian society, the tax monies would be replaced with bonds from those who actually WANT the road.

a developer who wants to build a project will pay for the road to his project and recoup his costs from customers

a community that wants a road from the next town over will pay for that road themselves

states will build their highways to their desires rather than the demands of washington

you are confusing libertarianism with "anarcho-______________ism" which is invariably just old style marxism in a new party dress.

first off, libertarians actually do believe government has a place to exist. So if need be the government. But disregarding that, private businesses who own land rights that decide to build the roads can easily put tolls(like the government does) and afford to maintain and keep the land as drivers use them.

Also for housing developments the people who build that also put in their own roads. It happens already. A road isn't much more than a parking lot, but private businesses build them all the time.

In fact I'm sure some one could come up with an estimate of how many parking lots there are and the average size of the parking lots, and determine how long of a road could have been built. showing the capability of private enterprise has in ROAD BUILDING without even intending to.

how would the state pay for their military and scientific research without taxes?

The people who want the roads would hire a company willing to build the roads. This is libertarianism in a nutshell. Any questions?

wheres the line between anarchy and libertarian?

Instead of everybody from city A and B chipping in to build one high quality road from city A to B, private initiative build several competing roads with competing tolls. The building and maintenance of the several roads becomes much more expensive for society as a whole instead of just one road, but at least the competition keeps the toll down. Also, since the private road initiatives don't have the state right of expropriation they have to buy the land of the road to crazy high prices, or build around land people don't want to sell.

In a lot of places trade between cities will get a dozen toll booths, as robber barons tax anyone going through their territory.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robber_baron

>A robber baron or robber knight (German raubritter) was a feudal landowner that, seeking to alleviate their financial difficulties, recurred to banditry protected by his feud's legal status.[1] It is a modern historiographical term based on historians' observations of the German nobility.[1] This development is described to have occurred in the late Middle Ages and have been mainly a result of the natural economy displacement by the monetary economy.

>Some robber barons violated the custom under which tolls were collected on the Rhine either by charging higher tolls than the standard or by operating without authority from the Holy Roman Emperor altogether. They also went outside that society's behavioral norms, since merchants were bound both by law and religious custom to charge a "just price" for their wares. During the period in the history of the Holy Roman Empire known as the Great Interregnum (1250–73), the number of tolling stations exploded in the absence of Imperial authority. They could resort into robbing ships of their cargoes, stealing entire ships or kidnapping.

I do, but it's going to cost you one thousand good goy bux each week to use them.

>usa '16 in a nutshell

the road makers

>hello, could you build a highway between my house and my job
>$50 million? Can I write you a check?