DEATHSTROKE #1 STORYTIME

In this issue Priest give us action, homolust, Wilson family moments ,Clock King and Black Panther and Deadpool cameos

is it any good?

Variant

Yes.

I liked it. This run has a lot of potential

wait why have they made him blonde again? I thought he's meant to have dark hair that's greying. And what sort of American uses the term bollocks?

oh shit from the thumbnail I thought this was drawn by Liefeld, pretty cheeky from the guy who 'created' Wade Wilson...

Oh wintergreen's meant to be British now, ok

>Bollocks guv'na will ya spot me a fiver and God save the Queen. Look how British we are, wot!

Deathstroke was originally blonde. Daniels just wanted TV synergy to make him look like Manu Bennet

>casual AR behind the arm chair

Also did Wintergreen and Alfred serve at the same time?
Is military Alfred stiill even in mainline continuity?

FUCKING
WHITE
MALE

>reee no girls allowed
kek

Wintergreen was literally always British

The end.
I really enjoyed this issue and will add this to my pull list

Wintergreen is a good husbando

This issue has schemes inside schemes inside hallucinations inside of more schemes. Slade pulled a Batman Gambit and whoever the enemy is pulled a Xanatos Gambit. I love it.

WTF is the IKON suit? Does that ring a bell for anyone?

that's a cute moment

thanks, OP
you're cool

Aw, poor Wintergreen.

>at least thirty times you were wearing women's knickers
oh my

I'm assuming the suit is new and we'll learn more later

Well now they know why he killed himself

There is no suspense in that

I like the way they just skip over his becoming an assassin nice setup for if they do any #0 issues or just general later reveal of his origin (maybe we will get some secret origins)

>By secretly financing a group of my victims.
What the fuck does that even mean.

It was in the Rebirth issue

Nice

Christ its so gay
I love it

I hope this is not a sign they are going full antihero im fine with it here i just hope they dont do it to much.

>All this bullshit just because someone wants to put Slade in a new costume
Jesus Preist. I know you like Keikakus but this is a bit much, even for you.

So what the hell happened this arc?

>all that to change his clothes
Dam this is gonna be big

It's not an arc yet, it's been two issues user

Have you not read the Rebirth issue? Doesn't seem that hard to understand to me and this is my first Deathstroke comic.

What?

I did read it maybe i need to go back and reread it.

Oh wait i get it they meant he financed the victims to pay for his assaination. Im not sure if that was bad exposition or im just an idiot

The only truly good Rebirth comic so far, to be completely honest with you famalazoids.

is sex always like this for them?

Okay, what's happened in these two issues

I don't know, I don't get who hired Deathstroke to kill Clock King, who the darkie is, what he was after, what Clock King was after, and seriously, what happened to Wintergreen? who kidnapped him and why?

They haven't explained those things yet

Batman is better so far but it has a few issues over it.

He killed himself because someone was blackmailing him with gay footage

All I'm saying is he would have left behind a bigger mystery for the people who is going to investigate the suicide

When the story started, Deathstroke was in this country to kill Clock King, hired by Clock King's victims.
Dictator-Man had secretly given the victims the money to hire Deathstroke, but couldn't kill him directly because he'd granted him asylum. He was also planning to double-cross Deathstroke after Clock King was dead.
Deathstroke struck a deal with Clock King to save Wintergreen and double-crossed Dictator-Man to stop his massacres.

And then it turns out Dictator-Man was playing all of this out to get Deathstroke wearing this new suit. For nefarious reasons and a mysterious chessmaster on the phone.

>All I'm saying is he would have left behind a bigger mystery for the people who is going to investigate the suicide
Why does that matter? He killed himself because he didn't want to live in a world where his secrets were known. Since he is kill he doesn't care what happens after.

>At least 30 times you were wearing women's knickers
Holy shit, does Priest know what we want?
Just kiss already.

god dammit does literally every character who has sex in a comic book need to have sex with a black guy in comics now. cant asians and white people have sex with each other without a black being there ?

*keikaku intensifies*

What do you have against black guys?

>butthurt
>not unlike Hargrove
Barbara is hooking up with an asian guy in Batgirl. Go read that and stop shitting up this thread.

>All according to Keikaku.
Yeah, I'm downloading every recommended priest runs right the fuck now.

Well he also had sex with a white woman so no need to go full autism mode.

Sounds kind of stupid lol

*white guy
For some reason I thought that was a skirt. Anyway, my point still stands, it's not just black guys.

YOU'RE FUCKING WHITE MALE

Read Black Panther. It's plans in plans in plans.
Quantum and Woody is good. Ray is good. Steel is good. Deadpool was okay. But BP has the stuff you're looking for.

New Super-Man and Green Arrow are good too user.
Kingfag pls.

Yes, she is.

Thanks.

Ah yeah, I enjoy New Super-Man too. Green Arrow's writing is mediocre though, it's the art that carries the entire thing. Definitely the best art on any Rebirth book.

>Definitely the best art on any Rebirth book.
Trinity will probably have better art.

Manapul is outstanding but Mann is nothing special. Ferreyra+Schmidt>Manapul+Mann even if Manapul might be the best artist of the bunch(though I wouldn't say Fereyra is far behind)

>Mann is nothing special.
He's the best cheesecake artist on DC ongoing currently since Paquette isn't drawing anything. He's good mix between Coipel and DC house style. Not too detailed and not too meme-y.

>Suits charges buy getting hit
That's actually pretty cool

Yes he draws very attractive people (one of the few that can do great cheesecake and also great beefcake), but his composition/panelling are nothing special. Comic art is not just about pretty faces.

Who is Mathew Bland? I thought it was Ja Zaki "the red lion" who was causing the genocide?

So how does Deathstroke stop the US intervention if he kills Hasgrove? Why was he and a young Wintergreen shown in US when Hasgrove jumped off? How did he stop the genocide? Who kidnapped wintergreen?
Maybe I should read both issues again,

Yeah, he's house style, nothing special.

Ja Zaki is not his name, it's his nickname and Ja Zaki means "the red lion"

Priest is an 80s titansfag, no one better to do this.
good read user, thanks

>Slade is bi/pan/max homolust
>Wintergreen is gay/max homolust
>Priest will probably make Joey gay as Wolfman originally intended

It really is the new Midnighter

So when will we get the Judas Contract remake? After this first arc ends?

Yeah, issue 12

Wait, first arc has 12 issues? That's interesting.

Does Priest usually do long arcs instead of 5-6 issues ones?

From what I can tell from solicits it currently has 7 parts.
I think Priest said he had another arc ready for after his first arc and then it might be Judas Contract?
Also this first arc has a lot of shit going on like Slade kidnapping Damian and Superman trying to stop Slade
For some reason issue #1 didn't count as Part One of the arc

>DEATHSTROKE #2
>Written by CHRISTOPHER PRIEST
>Art by CARLO PAGULAYAN and JASON PAZ
>Cover by ACO
>Variant cover by SHANE DAVIS
>Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
>“The Professional” part 2! Deathstroke investigates a connection between Wintergreen’s kidnapping and their old special ops unit to find out which of Slade’s trusted inner circle has betrayed him!
>On sale SEPTEMBER 14 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

>DEATHSTROKE #3
>Art by JOE BENNETT and BELARDINO BRABO
>Cover by ACO
>Retailers: This issues will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
>“The Professional” part 3! After Slade discovers that someone has put a contract out on his daughter, Rose Wilson—a.k.a. The Ravager—Deathstroke reluctantly travels to New York City to save her from a deadly ambush.
>On sale SEPTEMBER 28 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

>DEATHSTROKE #4
>AUG160215
>(W) Priest (A) Joe Bennett, Mark Morales (CA) Aco (CA) Shane Davis
>“The Professional” part four! After an attempt on The Ravager’s life, Slade Wilson and his daughter head to Gotham City in an attempt to track down Rose’s would-be assassin.
>In Shops: Oct 12, 2016
>SRP: $2.99

>DEATHSTROKE #5
>AUG160217
>(W) Priest (A) Joe Bennett, Mark Morales (CA) Aco (CA) Shane Davis
>“The Professional” part five! After Slade kidnaps Damian and leaves Rose in the care of Batman, the World’s Greatest Assassin and the World’s Greatest Detective trade partners in a battle of wills!
>In Shops: Oct 26, 2016
>SRP: $2.99

I hope never.

I hope the kidnapping Damian thing has less to do with dragging Bruce out and more for getting Dick to come along

>DEATHSTROKE #6
>Cover by ACO
>Variant covers by SHANE DAVIS
>Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. >Please see the order form for details.
>“The Professional” part six! Deathstroke’s honor is put to the test when he must help a tyrannical despot—Ja Zaki, a.k.a. The Red Lion—stop a civil war that he inadvertently caused. Plus: Enter Jericho!
>On sale NOVEMBER 9 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

>DEATHSTROKE #7
>Cover by ACO
>Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers each. Please see the order form for details.
>“The Professional” part seven! After Deathstroke confronts the enemy behind Wintergreen’s abduction and the attempted murder of his daughter, he soon finds himself abandoned on a suicide mission where he confronts an unbeatable foe—the Man of Steel!
>On sale NOVEMBER 23 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

Its already confirmed to be in the making by Abnett and Priest

Damn, Priest is stuck with some real donkeys on art. Meanwhile Batman Beyond has a better artist than it deserves, Flash has shit writing but really good art, even Red Hood and Action Comics have better art than Deathstroke...

Soys Deathstroke looked great in Arkham Knight Genesis as well

And I hope it gets scrapped.

The curse of bi-weekly comics. Some series were bound to be stuck with shit art.

>Flash has shit writing but really good art
You probably didn't even read it but carry on shitposting.

But why this and not those others? Besides, it's not like this has a good artists and a poor back up, it has two poor backups while Green Arrow has to amazing ones for example.