Was the song what you imagined?

Was the song what you imagined?

youtube.com/watch?v=wfyDp5WGuFQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XT0U8-JZyLg
youtube.com/watch?v=2zjLksp8Pvg
youtube.com/watch?v=NC16orUje4M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is John DiMaggio, right? Or did fucking Hamill come back for this one?

Hamill

The song was fine but the VA director was terrible

How the fuck do you mess up the most important line in the entire story "Why aren't you laughing?"

It's not supposed to be growled through gritted teeth mid-swing, it's the Joker taking off his mask for an instant of genuine sadness and confusion; the one man in the world who's been through the same kind of "bad day" isn't acting the same way and he doesn't understand why

Was this better?

youtube.com/watch?v=XT0U8-JZyLg

I felt it should've been creepier and somewhat less upbeat.
I was hearing some Boards of Canada/The Caretaker kind of shit in my head when I was reading the book.

It was better, actually. Mostly because I heard it in the style of 'Gotta Have Heart' from Damn Yankees.

youtube.com/watch?v=2zjLksp8Pvg

See, that's what I thought too. One brief moment where his humanity resurfaces, his cackle replaced with the voice of a normal, confused man. Maybe the voice he had pre acid.

They fucked it up.

That's better but in my mind it's more drawn out and mournful.

that's kind of subjective, like is not wrong but it is not out of place for them to think Joker's reaction would be frustration too.

Something similar but slower and creepier.

Not that garbage to be sure

Shut up, Boco

Aw come on, why this time?

youtube.com/watch?v=NC16orUje4M

Did Joker rape Barbara

the absolute madman

otherwise, it did not explain why she is naked

Rape is never funny.

Naked people are funny, though.

I like to imagine he planned on doing a full body joker mural with paint, but fucked it up halfway, got pissed off, and just hosed her clean again

I liked this one.

It sounds way too much like a typical villain song, like The Joker is trying extra-hard to sound evil. I imagined him singing more like a big loud carnival barker, something more jolly but still unhinged. I think that would've been way more nightmarish for Gordon.

If the Joker is projecting palpable malice & cruelty the whole time, he feels more like a run-of-the-mill bully instead of a scary, insane clown who acts blithely cheerful in the face of Gordon's suffering.

She was naked to just get to Gordon even more.

I think I would've enjoyed it if it sounded like a weird, kind of annoying pastiche of that type of song. Have the Joker take something classic & familiar, then turn it into something strange & grating. With the Joker singing poorly, trying to hit high notes that he couldn't possibly reach, etc.