What's your favorite episode of The X-Files?

What's your favorite episode of The X-Files?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EjbQ-BDh4PU
youtube.com/watch?v=NLLBrh_PeT4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the one where she becomes a yaaass gurl slay em, gets a tattoo, and fucks that random at a bar

it empowered me

Beyond the Sea

Space

Triangle

The one where they investigate the black magic happening at that school and it's actual black magic. The witch or Satan or whatever it is gets away at the end.

Die Hand Die Verletzt. That one and Home (killer inbred hillbilly episode) were pretty gruesome and I don't think they ever re-aired them during the original run on Fox.

Jose Chung's From Outer Space

>Die Hand Die Verletzt.

that one is the creepiest

Home

one of the most fucked episodes of the series

Also,
Clyde Bruckman’s Final Repose
The Host
Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man
Via Negativa
The Unnatural
Tooms

If your list doesn't contain one or all of these you're wrong.

Because... reasons.

This one is fucking unnerving.

The Frankenstein episode

Conduit

>finish S3
>like the show a lot
>drop S4 a few eps in, completely lost interest
wtf happened

same

Rewatching season 1 as an adult I was actually quite disappointed. First season had a bit too much cheese for me and I noticed certain tactical errors which bothered me. Two of my favorite episodes were Ponce De Leon and the vampire trailer park.

I only remember the pre-intro scene with a police chance. Cars and a chopped flying down the road, and the camera cuts to a girl in the back seat holding her aching head.

More cuts and shots of this ultimately ending with her head supposedly exploding, seen from the choppers eye view. Noped out of x files and never turned back. Freak me out as a kid.

That was the Bryan Cranston episode, nice

Just watched this one recently. The only other wrist-slitting scene that's made me cringe was the one in 13 Reasons.
also the girl's story made me hard,
probably from reading too many doujins

tactical errors? cheese? care to use more descriptive terms?

The one in the recent miniseries with the strange lizard man who get bitten by a human and turns into a human like a werewolf.

Silly stuff, like Mulder talking about "military black ops" being responsible for so and so, queen black truck of fat people jumping out with a variety of different weapons. One scene I remember Mulder clearing a room by walking in backwards with his pistol at his hip. Claiming government was responsible for so much, while at the same time being a high level government fed and not realizing how incompetent they really are. Sorry, I'm trying to think up more specifics, it's been a while.

Cue*
Fat fingers, sorry

Sound's like you're from /k/. It's not a realistic military show. It's an occult mystery show. Learn to calm your autism. Nobody thinks you're clever for pointing out incorrect tactical door breaching maneuvers.

Whoa, dude, it's not even like that. Constant poor decision making in first season like approaching classified locations at the fence line while being a government agent. Hailing astronauts as superheroes and having Mulder want to blow them while being a huge conspiracy nut who accepts the moon landing? Cringe first season dialog, constant uniform and costume snafus.

sounds like autism

the one where mulder joins a white power militia and robs a bank

I'm the right place for it.
When's the last time you watched season 1? Try watching it again. Maybe I'm crazy but season 1 seemed to combine cheap effects, slow plot, poor acting, and bad dialog. As a kid I thought it was great but I don't believe the first season aged well.

I watched S1 for the first time like a month ago, it was great

I'll crawl back into my autistic hole.

lol

that one from like the first season where gillian anderson takes off her blouse and inspects her back in a mirror for alien scabs or something

Eve

"home".

I didn't watch it very often, but I remember the first time this aired it scared the fuck out of me. It was banned from being rerun on fox for several years. I also remember when they pulled the ban and there were advertisements all week getting people hyped that they would play it that weekend. Life before dvr was something else, bros.

The one where Mulder finds a US airforce base which actually has a Black Triangle UFO but he then gets caught and has his mind erased.

Same here. Made it to 4 and dropped till about a year ago when I started watching it with my sister. Barely made it to season 5.

S1>S2>S3
Like poetry.

THis. Anyone who doesnt write Home is a fucking pleb. This episode was fucked up

>noticed certain tactical errors which bothered me
Like never calling for backup or fucking anything else?

>this monster is hiding in this abandoned building no one will search if we ever disappear
>lets pull our 2kg flashlights out of our ass and go in

I still can't believe they got away with showing Home on primetime TV in the mid-90's. I'd say it's one of the most fucked up things I've seen in any medium.

Either Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose or Home.

So many great ones like the ones mentioned on these
What about underrated episodes?
I feel like Roadrunners and John Doe are pretty underrated because they're in post-Mulder seasons (although I think season 8 as a whole is underrated. I believe it's a decent attempt at trying to bring the show back to its roots after the lackluster seasons 6 & 7. Too bad they completely shat the bed with season 9. Doggett should've carried on alone, getting a new partner as the season went along).

Not for the same reason, but I liked this episode.

I remember the first time I watched home as a kid. I regret staying up to watch it to this day. Shit was just wrong.

I'm currently rewatching X-Files along with my 12 year old nephew. It's his first time watching the show and he's loving it. I'm skipping some episodes though, mostly due to them being weak. Do you guys think I should watch Home with him, or we should skip it?

People say the show goes to shit at some point but I really really liked that genie episode in I think it was season 8 and it's probably up there with my favorites.

Watch it, then explain to him why some things are best kept within the family. I used the episode as a pretext to discuss different kinds of family love with my niece.

>A monster eats ppl then spits them back out to cure them of their disease.

I thought that episode was shit but both seasons 8 & 9 had some good episodes. The problem with season 9 is that Reyes is a shit character, and the super soldiers storyline is retarded. They should've somehow linked Doggett's son with the conspiracy, or at least add some supernatural twist to it to make Doggett want to keep working on the X-Files and make the new mythology arc.

I watched it when I was 10 and it gave me a sleepless month. But it all comes down to the kid in question.

Well, I would've loved it when I was a kid (I don't mean I wouldn't have been disturbed, but I just loved that kinda stuff back then), but I don't think he will.
I think the shock could be healthy but I'm not really sure. We still have the whole 3rd season to go through so I'll have some time to think about it.

I liked all the alien conspiracy episodes before the conspiracy was fully revealed.

Once the cat was out of the bag, it got a lot less interesting for me.

the blind qt 3.14

She was a bitch and Mulder should have slapped her around a bit.

The one with the little indian guy on the cart that climbs inside people like a parasite. I forgot the name. It still gives me nightmares.

Field Trip is without a doubt the scariest episode of them all. That episode made me question my existence.

This was also one of the few random episodes I saw as a kid

>they get bigger but not saggier
it's shit

Would you?

imagine the smell

the one where she doesn't see the ayy lmaos because she was preoccupied with being uninteresting

Little Green Men is actually my absolute favorite episode. First time you get to see an alien, Mulder's flashback about his sister. Good stuff.
Home is great, just didn't stick in my memory like LGM did.

shut up mulder.

>they grow but she doesn't continue growing out of her clothes
boo!

Irresistible
The one with the worm creature that lived in the sewer

Folie à Deux

3 is the best one pleb.

the one where mulder becomes cia

That episode had some amazing side characters.

Give me one good reason why you all haven't watched The Lone Gunmen? It's actually fairly entertaining.

This, looked for it a while ago and it's nowhere. Also couldn't find Millennium

i deleted my post cuz i looked like an idiot. it's on youtube

youtube.com/watch?v=EjbQ-BDh4PU

Wait until you get to the resolution of the 4th episode.

s1e18, about warewolves. it seems so... authentic, idk, pure x-files. atmosphere, soundtrack, dark forest. really sums up the first 5 seasons for me

thanks

partly because they were real performers

youtube.com/watch?v=NLLBrh_PeT4