anti plastic edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9Rxv58o0-nc
saberpunk.net/DoctorWho/DoctorWhoSerialGenerator.php
glyphobet.net/drwho
youtube.com/watch?v=LtesEeqRsy4
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Shoes
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Cloister
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Sherlock_/who/lmes_and_the_Case_of_the_Mysterious_Shit_Trip
youtube.com/watch?v=tp_Fw5oDMao
youtube.com/watch?v=XAj2iX9xqCo
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What was the first episode you watched on premiere? Non-UK premiere is fine too.

Now that they recast the first doctor for the christmas special, will we see things like this happen with multi-doctor stories in the future? Could we see a recast fourth doctor and recast seventh meet eleven for example? Would the BBC dare to do a spinoff with Mcgann as eight?

So, how would /who/ have brought Gallifrey and the time lords back into the show?

I had my only complete aspie moment of my life and began running around my dorm room jn circles jumping.

I watched the telemovie as a kid after watching pertwee serials as a kid and loved it because i watched with my mum on pbs, user. For a brief moment McGann felt like the doctor for me, because pertwee and baker were my mums doctors. I had discovered big finish around series 6 and was pretty hype about mcgann, but sometimes /who/ could really get you down with their shit. So when it happened he came on screen I was on /who/ with everyone else and I remember being on the thread and it was incredible.

Get Drax in to sort it. Bish bosh zhum zum - done

Not sure about the rest, because it ultimately depends on whether or not Chibnall is willing to mess around with previous canon like Moffat was, but in regards to the spin-off... Whilst I would love that, I feel like it's highly unlikely because:

A) Most of the general public don't know enough about Eight to care about him, so a spin-off show probably wouldn't pull in good viewership numbers. Or people would get confused.
and
B) If it did, the BBC probably wouldn't want to divert attention away from the main show. If a spin-off was better than the main thing, it'd be a fucking mess.

Night of the Doctor is actually incorporated into episode, but with 9 instead of War(not a webisode so there's no confusion on his regeneration),9 actually uses The Moment so that his angst makes sense.

The Waters of Mars.

The Bells of St. John.

What do you mean "on premiere"?

I saw the telemovie as a kid too, very ingrained as "Doctor Who" for me. Glad you were overjoyed too (:

either bells of st john or the christmas special before it, cant remember

Rose

The first time the episode aired.

I think Day of the doctor severely invalidates the charachter arcs of 9, 10, and 11. While you can say PTSD instead of genocide, the doctor ultimatly being forced to commit double genocide because the universe was backed against the wall gave some serious weight to the final action of the time war. Removing the fact that gallifrey was destroyed makes the equation of nuwho weaker.

While the return of the time lords was inevitable, i think having the doctor never destroy gallifrey was a grave error on Moffats part. There were other ways that he could have chosen.

re

On a real level, can i ask why people legitimately believe A?

lets ignore that the hundreds of millions in multidoc merch sold that already has mcganns face on it for a minute. First off, the tv had better combined ratings between america and the uk than 99% of the rest of doctor who(9.9 m in the uk and 5.5 m in the us, which is still the highest of any us airing even today. Plus whatevee canada pulled in). The only things that come close are city of death, web planet, voyage of the damned and the day of the doctor. Second, bbc america gave every doctor a special and played the tvmovie in its entirety. Third, 8th doctor audios get played on radio(which depending on the time has much higher viewing figures than tv) and wins awards. And finally that minisode has millions of streams across many different platforms and got played before every showing of day of the doctor.. Unless youre some contrarian shit youd have to be trying not to recognize mcgann.

webisodes aren't canon

In the Forest of the Night

The Doctor with the most content (tv, books, and the like) would definitely be eight. Casuals would have a vague idea of who he is. And besides, Mcgann has only one tv story as eight

>Casuals would have a vague idea of who he is.
you overestimate casuals

Oh. Rose for me then.

I agree, also it bothers me to see the show endlessly reset itself, some concrete consequences would be nice. BF fucked Adric's death, 50th fucked Time War, etc etc, is nothing sacred?

Do you really need more than one to remember him as the doctor? I mean, ive given myself brain damage to forget colin baker was ever on television again outside vengeance on varos and i can still remember him.

The Unquiet Dead lmao

The time war gave us a diffrent doctors compared to the classic series. If you were to add 9,10, 11,12 or war doctor into classic who, they wouldn't fit because of the actions taken in fighting a war and having PTSD. Thats why I think we would have seen more of Eccelston as the shell-shocked doctor had he stayed on

the UNIT music is so fucking goat

youtube.com/watch?v=9Rxv58o0-nc

Why is K-9 in so many bad spin-offs?

>I saw the telemovie as a kid too, very ingrained as "Doctor Who" for me.
That explains a lot. It's hard to imagine someone liking it without that being the case.

>/who/ presents:
DOCTOR WHO: SHIT TRIPS Vol. 2
- The Anthology -

>Are you a true fan of Doctor Who?
>Have you ever written down a sequence of words?

If the answer is yes or no, then you are ready to contribute a literary masterpiece to the second /who/ collection of original Doctor Who-based short fiction.

/who/ did it once. Now, we're gonna do it again! Yet another entry in an age-old tradition of p̶a̶c̶k̶a̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶f̶i̶c̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶g̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶l̶e̶g̶i̶t̶i̶m̶a̶c̶y̶ / celebrating the magic of Who and the talent of a community.

There are no limits (except the story must be at least 1 word long, and preferably not in excess of 10,000, it's short fiction you fuck).

>- Can involve any Doctor(s), companion(s), side characters, spinoff characters and beyond, as your heart desires
>- Can be in any style, whether it's "legitimate writing", "pisstake", or "shitpost".
>- Can be about absolutely anything
>- The main focus is on good fun in the vein of the wiki, although serious entries are allowed. (If you're going to write smut, maybe approach it with a degree of levity)

Stuck for ideas? Try starting with your favourite TARDIS team (or for timeliness, Whittaker 13th Doctor) and one of these authentic titles:
saberpunk.net/DoctorWho/DoctorWhoSerialGenerator.php
glyphobet.net/drwho

We are going to be starting an index on the wiki for the collection. Anyone can contribute, no signups/pitches required. If you have ideas, feel free to broadcast them.
The rest is self-explanatory. Format for uploading your work is up to you, as long as it can be conveniently copied across (and ideally don't spam long texts in /who/ directly). (Pastebin works well.)

BONUS: Anyone who wants to do cover art or "illustrations" is encouraged.

WE need more entries for classic as well as NuWho Doctors. Entries for Thirteen are accepted as well. Aug 10th is deadline

I hope you're not implying anything about the Sarah Jane Adventures

Reversing the Time War doesn't really affect S1-7 at all, other than adding a layer of dramatic irony to it. The Doctor doesn't know that Gallifrey was saved; he still believes he used The Moment. None of his character development has changed.

Or, if you're willing to think laterally in the fourth dimension, during S1-7, The Doctor we're watching DID use The Moment, and it wasn't until the 50th that The Doctor changed things and retconned irl.

because bob baker owns the rights to the IP and can do whatever he wants, which usually means vanity projects without a budget or audience

Here's a list of Doctors that still need stories. (You can still write stories with other Doctors who already have entries. In fact, I'd be glad to have them. The 12th Doctor only has three stories! And Bill doesn't haveany sstories. Not even Bill/ Heather smut!):

>Fourth Doctor

>War Doctor

>Tenth Doctor

Kris Marshall Doctor with Japanese companion

Morbius Doctor

Rupert Boothe Doctor

Foreman "Jack Miles" Doctor

Auton Stratagem Doctor

More Thirteenth Doctor stories would be nice as well.

I'll also accept stories with just the companions.

Perhaps a story where the Eighth Doctor and Charley run into Missy?

Or a story where Amy is stranded alone on Lesbos?

Or a story where the Eleventh and the Sixteenth Doctor battle polar bears in Russia?

Or a story where the Brigadier and the Thirteenth Doctor are hunted by a pack of wild Chumblies on an island?

Or a story with the psychic from Hide, and the Third Doctor, battle an influx of Daemons?

Or a story with the Class cast, by someone who waifus April?

I have some family that grew up with Tom Baker's episodes that are still very fond of the telemovie. It's laughable to insist the telemovie is some unholy abomination orders of magnitudes worse than some of Classic Who

>Or, if you're willing to think laterally in the fourth dimension, during S1-7, The Doctor we're watching DID use The Moment, and it wasn't until the 50th that The Doctor changed things and retconned irl.
That's what I do, works best i m o.

When did I say people wouldn't recognise him? Literally, when did I say that? Of course people recognise him, and of course people know he's the Doctor, but that doesn't mean everyone and their dog's auntie gives a shit about him. The people who generally care enough about Eight to actively want a spin-off series for him are the minority, believe it or not. Knowing about Eight's existence is very different from actively caring about him. I know PLENTY of people who've never seen the tv movie, and of those that have, I know even less that are avid fans of Eight. Anyone that considers him amongst their favourite incarnations of the Doctor generally have listened to his Big Finish audios, and that demographic is a drop in the fucking ocean compared to the general viewership of Doctor Who.

I'm not saying nobody fucking knows about him, or that nobody cares about him, just that the majority of the general public do not give much of a shit about him beyond the acknowledgement that he is the Doctor. That is, quite unfortunately, the truth.

we should make a list of requests for s11 and send them to chibbers

Hello, Ben. How's your story?

Fair. As the user who watched it as a kid, it was more akin to baker and pertwee in some ways that when I ended up seeing Rose it was like "the fuck is this shit?"

i ended up coming back later to watch eccleston and early tennant

Immigrant, didnt someone do 4 today?

Yes.But that story wasn't a finished, final copy. Until it's completely done, I don't count it.

Ah. Ok.

>It's laughable to insist the telemovie is some unholy abomination orders of magnitudes worse than some of Classic Who
It is really fucking bad though.

I disagree, especially in comparison to what had come before, but that's your opinion and I'm not gonna try to drag it down or anything.

yea but that one scene of eight running around with his new shoes is really cute, so...

It's dumb, but it was fun, almost comfy even.

Harriet Jones did nothing wrong.

I don't get why the shlock of the telemovie is such a bridge too far for some people, Doctor Who is shlocky all the time. And it's totally /ourmovie/ with how it puts fanwanky continuity before actually compelling pacing (devoting so much time to 7 and lore at the start instead of just trying to hook new viewers in like Rose did).

Plus it has ERIC ROBERTS as the Master. The "amazing grace" sequence. The silly countdown stuff. The Master's elaborate costume. MCGANN. It's just so much fun

youtube.com/watch?v=LtesEeqRsy4

Don't you think she looks tired?

I never understood what that meant

Just one of those self-fulfilling criticisms, like how someone telling you to "calm down" when you're already speaking calmly inevitably makes you angry. 10 preyed on her insecurities to trip her out, and it worked.

Does Shoes have a wiki article?
They fit perfectly.

its funny ur asking neo that, cause he doesnt have a wiki article even though younger trips like edge do. must be really embarassing for him

Yeah, I mean, it's better than the most boring of Classic Who because you can at least turn your brain off and be carried along by the fast pace. And Eric Roberts is fun. It's not excruciating, but it is pretty dumb.

THIS is the cute new shoes scene. I watched the movie for the first time the other day, and I enjoyed it. It's cheesy, a bit of a bastardisation of canon at times, and I wasn't a fan of the Master beyond that iconic "I always dress for the occasion!" line (surprising, because the Master is my favourite character in all of Doctor Who, and I would die for them)... buuut, it was a lot of fun.

And seriously. That new shoes scene. I fell in love with McGann's Doctor right there. Adorable.

Yup! doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Shoes

lol, are you trying to egg me on to write one? I ain't got that big of an ego.
Also do you mean Edge is literally younger than me, or hasn't tripped for as long? Because he's tripped for longer, although I've probably been around on /who/ longer as user. Why don't you cease the mockery?

It really is so charming

Because it's like Hollywood schlock instead of B movie schlock.

Is it true Davison quit because of Troughton?

God that screenshot just reminded me of how gorgeous Spearhead from Space looks.

how different would the RTD and moffat eras be if the music was swapped for each

>Dalek with "I am the Doctor" every other scene
Yuck

The blu-ray is great. The telemovie's is not. There are some lingering framerate issues and it's not properly full HD (it was filmed on film but the special effects were rendered at standard resolution and would require going back to the source and rerendering to actually get the movie into proper bluray quality, and that isn't happening).

cloister doesnt have one either so new cloister shouldn't either
i dont think trips should have pages it just encourages new trips like edge

why is anti-plastic a meme? just because of how silly it sounds, and from the first episode on nuwho?
P-P-P-PIZZA

Rember when the Doctor committed genocide without any issues?

did bill get a tardis key? i cant remember

>cloister doesnt have one either
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Cloister ?

i see your general point but a lot of the trip pages are pretty funny and doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Sherlock_/who/lmes_and_the_Case_of_the_Mysterious_Shit_Trip is GOAT

Why was Series 5 so GOAT?

I don't remember either. Maybe in Knock Knock?

Which time?

They had a lot of prep time and a lot to prove.

>still no pages why each Doctor is the best Doctor

Post the GOAT episode
oh wait here it is
youtube.com/watch?v=tp_Fw5oDMao

>it's a Moffat spoils everything nearly 20 years ago episode

More like trips shouldn't make their own pages.

pics plox

God, 2010 feels so long ago. What an amazing and fascinating time; the show felt brand new and reinvented (in fact, they barely referenced the RTD era at first).
The Moffat era as a whole has been a fun time, and it won't be leaving me with a sour taste in my mouth when it ends, despite some of the shit.

see
a very trip himself agrees with you

rose

It was an exciting time wasn't it? Were you already a fan when it aired?

The End of the World
I remember thinking "wtf is this" and I didn't really get into religiously watching until Series 3

her mouth is half of her face

Looks like Atwell desu

Whatever user here that got me into Station to Station, cheers so much, I'm so hooked on it now, the title track is amazing, I can't stop listening to it

youtube.com/watch?v=XAj2iX9xqCo

speaking of music, series 9 soundtrack when?
>nearly two years

Looks like that panel in The Cruel Sea where her mouth is all stretched out desu

It's an effective linguistic killshot
is RTD a master persuader?

What happened to the valiant? i miss it.

No. It was on the bingo and never got ticked off
She never used the sonic either

It was a compaign argument against Thatcher.

it got shot down in the s4 finale

>tfw there will never be a good dalek or cyberman episode again

Contract expired and now it enjoys a healthy career as a semi-regular actor in the MCU

>there hasn't been a "dalek" episode since 2014

kinda sucks that the best dalek episode in nu-who was the first one and then every one after was substantially worse

Should Doctor Who face smaller amounts of Daleks?

I feel that Dalek was so effective mainly because there was exactly one Dalek and not a whole parliament or something.

yeah, they are way more threatening in smaller groups, like the cult of skaro. Leave the massive army fights for cibber episodes

Yeah, they just need to write them to be more threatening and powerful. Also less of them having a concept of beauty, that's bullshit.

S1 finale was also a good dalek episode
daleks were a genuine threat and there was a good sense of helplessness

Who has the most bullshit death outside of Seven?

Danny Splink

i mean he forgot to splink, its his own fault