Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bIHymupn_e8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sam the MOVE IT MOVE IT healer

prev

>> 85733182

>they didn't use my thread last time we needed a new thread, better bump it

get a life

All of the hate for Daenerys (and her actress) is tiresome. Sure, not everyone has to like her (either of them), and it's inarguable that many points made against her are valid. Still, a lot of the statements made seem to be shallow readings (or watchings, if you like) of her story. Often seems more like circle-jerk behavior than really justified.

I think she's an interesting character: flawed, human, and relatable. I'm curious to see her path unfold, and I don't think "mad queen" will have anything to do with it — that would be dull writing, and I do hope that GRRM still had enough of a say in the direction of this show that it won't be.

I haven't read the books yet, only excerpts from them and some spoilers. My idea of her is based on a mixture of show and book information.

The first part of her life was a damn mess: always on the run, a head filled with inspiring stories of her royal lineage, dealing with an older brother who was an abusive, psychopathic idiot, getting nearly-free of him only by being sold to and raped by a foreign warrior, falling in love with said warrior (a bit of Stockholm Syndrome?) and working to find a place for herself amongst his people (except the ones who'd gladly (rape, then) kill her just for being a weak, pale, foreign woman) only to lose him, their child, and almost their entire Khalasar. Considering all of that and the fact that she learned how a ruler "should" behave from her brother and the Khal (flaunters of power, not honorable, humble Ned Stark), I think she turned out OK.

My best analogy for her is that of a child celebrity: constantly in the spotlight, loved and hated by more people than even grown adults can deal with, and repeatedly told she occupies a special and significant place in the world. It's incredibly difficult to come out of that environment (or any indoctrination) and be a "normal", humble person.

Especially in Dany's case: at her turning point when she has lost everything, she decides to walk into the pyre with her dragon eggs, and for some mysterious reason, she's the first person in hundreds of years who's able to hatch them. It's curious, because it means she actually is tied to this world somehow, for some reason. You don't hatch dragons and then go on to ignore all the stories you know of your familial history with these creatures and try to live a quiet life. Nobody would let her, anyway: dragon children aren't exactly easy to hide, and those who won't help her will probably try to kill her and/or them. So, instead, she takes up the mantle. It's what she knows. Her purpose in the world has been made clear (at least, in her mind) and she does her best to step up to it and be better than her predecessors. Her intentions are good, even if she fails on multiple occasions, even if she isn't always good at it. She tries and she's willing to learn.

She's also immensely relatable as a young woman in a man's world. She has no idea what a powerful female ruler should act like. What basis is there for it? Again, she's emulating what she does know: her brother, Drogo, and whoever else she meets along the way. She surrounds herself with advisors because she's not confident in her own knowledge or abilities. Sure, she doesn't always listen to them — sounds familiar, and supremely human. She also feels that she needs to appear strong and doesn't understand entirely that it might instead be seen as arrogant. Or, doesn't care: better arrogant than dead. It's a mixture: she believes some of what she says about herself, to varying degrees, and depending on the day.

what did they mean by this?

mfw dothraki have archers

Euron won't appear again until the finale? There is no mention of him until the pit scene

Perhaps anybody who's been a performer of any kind (artist, athlete, whatever) can relate to that: sometimes you're on top of the world and believe you're doing great work that everyone seems to be responding well to, and other times you think you're a fraud and don't know what you're doing. But, if you're famous enough, you always have to be "on". That's Dany: she feels that she has to be presenting as a ruler at all times. Especially now, in this place that's supposed to be her home, and yet is totally foreign and filled with enemies. She's nervous as hell and trying to compensate for it; it's so clear in the way she's been acting towards Varys and towards Jon this season.

I also don't agree that everything has been handed to her. Ever since getting rid of Viserys, she has learned to take, and to demand respect in a world that otherwise doesn't exactly give it out — not to small, pretty, young women, especially. Just like anybody else, she learns to work with what she has. Even her dragons: they're an inextricable part of her. It's pointless to imagine her story without them. They inspire her to do what she's doing. And when she shows them off, she knows that she alone doesn't look like a force to be reckoned with, but her dragons and the armies who have willingly chosen to follow her (because, as Tyrion said, they believe in her) certainly are.

Anyway, there's a lot more to (and to discuss about) her character than is oft presented here.

Addendum: what's most concerning is seeing the trends in highly praised comments here where those wishing for her death and followed up by "Jon should bend her over" or get her "on her knees" and so on. Not that different from the men in the book who'd murder her, but only after getting their rocks off.

youtube.com/watch?v=bIHymupn_e8

Whoever wants a good goof, wtach these Starknotes

She was only good in season 1 when she was drogo's sex slave. Everything after that is just YAAASS QUEEENNN XDD

Ser Twenty of House Goodmen

>tfw Gendry shows up with a brand new armor and warhammer and claim the throne for himself, backed by the golden company

>I HAVE MAGIC

*unsheathes finger*

Best girl

Isn't Euron just burning all of Dany's ships and killing all of her allies just so he can sweep in, offer an alliance, and she has no choice but to give up the pussy if she wants the crown

If it were easy to conquer the Dothraki someone would've done it hundreds of years ago

bran just wants to hang out by the wierwood for that

northern
elite
entertainment
tree

life

She gets rescued by Bronn

maybe the leak was from them.
they could have left shit out so there was some surprises. thats what i would do/

>t.numale

>The finest knight I ever saw was Ser Arthur Dayne, who fought with a blade called Dawn, forged from the heart of a fallen star
>The Sword of the Morning! Viserys used to talk about his wondrous white blade
>It's that white sword of yours I want
2 SWORDS DABID. 2 NORMAL SWORDS.

cast him

is it "realistic"?

Yes he will show up as Daario and save the day for her

I would blow my brains out if they ruined Bronn like that.

No real plan from the outset is the cause of most of the show's problems. They didn't know how they were going to end the show when they started it. It explains why the quality has been deteriorating since season 1.

Dorne is the most prominent example of this. They decided to introduce Dorne after how well Oberyn Martell was received. There was never any long term plans for Dorne's inclusion at all. And then when Dorne was received poorly, likely because they forced it in without giving it much thought, D&D killed off all its relevant characters as quickly as they could. The Tyrells met basically the same fate, it's unlikely their 5 seasons of scheming were originally designed to end in a big green explosion, D&D just didn't know what to do with the King's Landing mess besides killing a load of characters in one fell swoop. This is all due to lack of planning and foresight.

Excepting Oberyn, the show has not introduced an interesting character since Season 3. This is because characters introduced post Season 3 just pop up out of nowhere. No character mentioned them previously, so they feel like some artificial inclusion in order to create conflict. They don't feel embedded in the universe. The Dornish, Euron, the high sparrow, Hizdahr, Randyll Tarly, Yohn Royce, Olly, all of them feel like plot conveniences rather than people who should naturally crop up in this world. Also many of the plotlines feel like a contrived way of getting people into position for their final stretch. It isn't actions that logically flow from the preceding actions, it's "we need X, Y, and Z on team Dany, how can we do that most easily?" Similarly, the systematic killing of minor characters plays into this goal as well. It feels sloppy, like they're making it up as they go.

Lack of foresight also explains the pandering; had they planned everyone's actions at the beginning, things would be set in stone and they wouldn't be able to add fanservice for popular characters.

So who's actually im charge of the individual kingdoms now? I assume Randyll will take over wardenship of the reach, but what about the stormlands, or the riverlands, hell technically the queen and her kingsguard brother cant hold the westerlands. Who took over dorne after the sand sneks lost? Why were the sneks in charge in the first place? Also why does no one care that the vale is in open rebellion after joining Jon in the north and fighting the Boltons?

>Wall of text supporting Dany
>MFW honestly can't tell if b8 or just Dany cucks

who would do it? The Unsullied? lmao they are mercenaries.

Who else, the free men of Braavos? They don't have enough men.

There is literally nothing else in Essos.

>Addendum: what's most concerning is seeing the trends in highly-upvoted comments here where those wishing for her death and followed up by "Jon should bend her over" or get her "on her knees" and so on. Not that different from the men in the book who'd murder her, but only after getting their rocks off.
GO BACK TO RED.DIT FAGGOT

GOAT coming through

didn't read lmao

read the leaks faggot

golden company supports someone else

*blocks your path*

Why do they write bran like this? it would have been much more effective if they set up bran behaving this way before this episode but we never saw any scene where he was just talking to meera or something to make it less out of nowhere

this was as bizarrely out of left field as his stuff in The Door was

How is it that Sam "The Healing Hand" Tarly, is the only person able to follow directions on how to cure greyscale?

Tyrion will make him and Snek the Prince and Princess of Dorne

It's just a poorly written c&p reposted by literal autists

>She also feels that she needs to appear strong and doesn't understand entirely that it might instead be seen as arrogant
yeah, the character being portrayed by an actor is the one who feels need need for epic emotional music and camera movements. i hate dany because it feels like d&d are forcing her way too hard.

>haven't read the book
you don't even know the source material

that and this
though gillie was cuter in the wildling type clothing. what it about raggedy fur garb that make bitches look so good?

>followed up by "Jon should bend her over" or get her "on her knees" and so on.
This intentional misreading of the phrase 'bend the knee' is like how centrists have been trying to attack Chapo Trap House recently

someone post the spoilers for this season need to ruin a normies day

Meera would cost more if she had speaking lines

they should have faggot particle effects shooting off them like a mmorpg and cost a million dollars of cgi for a 30second scene i agree

no, wait, i remember im not a faggot nevermind

press S to spit on his writing

with the end of Bad Poosy, Melisandre is now officially the show's current best girl

Euron Kraken Skulls Grey joy can sail the 14 seas like no other

How did Jon Snow get from Winterfell to Dragonstone in literally less than a day? Somehow he teleported over there in less time than it takes for a message to reach Dany about her fleet getting BTFO, so any "time skip" handwaving doesn't work here. Likewise, we know it was within a day, because we can also follow the Sam + Ser Beta storyline, which is within a single night as well.

There have been inconsistencies from the very beginning, sure, but they keep getting more numerous and more egregious, especially since the last season, with gems such as Arya teleporting from Braavos to the Frey's instantly.

And I'm so fucking tired of people saying it's always time skips. There has consistently been ZERO evidence of time skips throughout the show. Bullshit. They're just hacks who keep fucking it up in dumb ways.

Did meera leave in this episode??

good taste

S walks backwards you fool!

With all this talk about good men.

What do you think pic related could accomplish in this universe?

S

BREAKER OF CHAINS
FUCKER OF BAD PUSSIES

that guy was so mad
weirdo haha

>Viserys used to talk about his wondrous white blade
I'll bet he did

Is it wrong that i wish this would end this season already?
I'm not even enjoying it anymore (besides tiddies and euron) it's obligation since i already seen 6 seasons.

S

>Ellaria and the sand snakes escape
I meant the real spoilers user

Did he write episode 3? that would explain so fucking much.

cat basically did the same thing in the first season. she goes from white harbor to kings landing in like one episode

Does anyone feel like the plot armor characters have the worst actors?

Jon Snow and Daenerys (I dunno the actors' names and I'm not going to bother to learn them) do not have the acting ability to keep up the quality of actors from earlier seasons like Sean Bean, Charles Dance, Robert's actor, Olenna's actor, etc. Some of the good actors are still in the show, like Lena Headey, but their characters are increasingly flanderized (which is obviously a fault of the writers and is a larger problem with the series).

Of course, the writing is also pretty bad. I have a feeling GOT is increasingly being written by committee. I have no evidence of that, it's just a feeling.

With that said, I don't hate the series. I think it's entertaining popcorn television. It doesn't grip me the same way the first three or four seasons did, though. It just has a different feeling. I think part of that is the magic and dragons. I honestly don't find the story about the white walkers or the three-eyed raven particularly compelling. That's GRRM's baby, not the show's, however. But on top of that, the fact that I don't really give a shit about Daenerys or Jon's on-screen portrayals doesn't help things when they're clearly intended to be the central characters.

t. autist

Or they could have just used one sword

>the end of Bad Poosy

why do people think bronn gives a fuck about her?

>sansa I know that littlefinger told you cersei had to do with our fathers death but it was actually you who caused it. Remember the time you visited cersei and told her about your escape plans? It was your fault because you wanted to be a princess, you little whore. I'm glad you were raped and I wish I could bring ramsay back from the dead to rape you again.

That was a little harsh, why did bran say this to her?

Changing your red.dit pasta now huh? Fuck off back there!

She sure cleans up nice

I'd be ashamed of myself but I'd fuck her

head on a spike

Post her ass

Live long and prosper

Because he needs to bad poosy

Feminism ruins everything.

tfw actually thought bran was effectively haunting and spooky

>muh leaks

>(I dunno the actors' names and I'm not going to bother to learn them

but you do though

I bet that BAD POOSEY's mom escapes the Prison somehow.

Something like scene opens up with symmetrical shot of Ellaria and dead bad pussy on each side of the screen with mom sobbing then either someone helps her out or she finds a way to escape.

The memesnakes aren't out of the picture just yet

Reminder

>white harbor

wait they had white harbor but no Manderley?

Why are you so dense?

I'm actually okay with this, am I Hitler?

Jews are evil.

in the book, yes

no, D&D did. he wrong ep2

What characters beside Oberyn are actually more interesting on the show then the books?

There can't be that many, right?

Jon Snow is Kit something and Daenerys is something that starts with an E I think

This is just awful enough to happen

Because D&D can only hold one personality trait for each character in their heads. Stannis wants the throne, Arya wants revenge, etc. For Bronn, they only know that he likes pussy

Dragons and WW would be fine if they had devoted screentime to actual magic other than skimming the Faceless Men and having HotU

yeah they are did you read the leaks?

Nope she's still there. She had no lines, maybe one or two? I think she's going to leave next episode, its not fair

Can we talk about good things the show is doing? Like some positive things about the last few episodes? The state of the show is kind of depressing right now, let's have some positive discussion

She looked hot desu, I hope we see more of her

osha. just all around better in the show.