I don't understand traditionalists

I don't understand traditionalists

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditionalist_School
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>a system has worked (provably so)
>might want to continue maintaining this system

How could what merely amounts to glorified instinctual idealism ever be "true?"

That is because you read Julius Evola who was not even part of the Traditionalist school properly, unlike guys like Guénon who was Evola's mentor and of whom Evola borrowed all concepts such as "Kali-Yuga"

Most likely because you're an atheist.
Without the spiritual component, traditionalism would naturally appear as insanity.

With it however, you are simply ordering Earth as Heaven is ordered, therefore transforming Earth into Heaven, in a way.

I'm an atheist and I masturbate on pics of Guénon and Evola each day erryday.

I'm an atheist and traditionalism makes plenty of sense to me.
I don't think it's a catch all and I think technological achievement on top of being a total blight on human society, has rendered traditionalism impractical (at least impracticality achievable).
I would however prefer it to the cesspool of modernity every single time.

It's not necessarily "true" but your thread starts with a non-argument. Please make better threads.

>discussing pseudo-philosophy on an american bodybuilding forum

Can you elaborate?
I have only read Evola yet, and without the spiritual component behind it, it would make a lot less sense to me, at least so far.

You're materialist scum and will parish along with the rest of the lambs to slaughter

It doesn't make sense.

All of the Traditionalist author agree that the human civilization has gone from the age of Myth (Golden Age) to the Age of Iron (Kali Yuga)

Hesiod's 4 agres, Yugas of Hinduism etc. all echo this degeneration into matter.

Evola's and Guénon's Golden Age has nothing do with scientific view of the evolution of humankind. The original inhabitants of the Earth were non-material, etheric descendants of God-kings who lived in Hyberborea/Polaria. This is also echoed by the "Arctic" home of humanity found in the Vedas.

The difference between understanding these concepts is that we have been in Kali Yuga at least since 7000BC according to Vedic calculation. With every Yuga knowledge from previous Yuga slowly disappears and every Yuga ends proper with a huge flood/natural disasters that destroy almost all previous traces of the "race" inhabiting Earth expect the "chosen few" and new Yuga begings from Golden Age until it again meets the final degeneration into matter.

I'm a traditionalist and a strict materialist. Where is your god now, Tyrone?

I'm reading De Monarchia like someone in one of these threads recommended once. The language is pretty hard, and his proofs seem to ridiculous since it's 500 years pre-empiricism and he's just handwaving reasons why any given point should stand

>"I'm straight and like traps because it's not gay if it's a feminine penis"

That's essentially what you just said

>placing value in arbitrary things
Traditionalists

Everything is arbitrary m8

>American attempting to lecture a Brit on tradition

Lovin' every laugh.

Knowledge isn't, and limiting oneself through arbitrary physical things only serves to limit oneself in some attempt to preserve ideals that might as well not exist.

Yes I forgot the deeply British traditional teachings of the Hadith and Koran. You're right, my apologies Ahmed Al-Salam

>knowledge isn't arbitrary
Knowledge is based on human observation which in itself is arbitrary because the human senses warp the true perception of the world.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditionalist_School
>According to the Traditionalist School, "the primordial and perennial truth" is manifested in a variety of religious and spiritual traditions.[2]

>Coomaraswamy explains:
The metaphysical "philosophy" is called "perennial" because of its eternity, universality, and immutability; it is Augustine's "Wisdom uncreate, the same now as it ever was and ever will be"; the religion which, as he also says, only came to be called "Christianity" after the coming of Christ [...] and so long as the tradition is transmitted without deviation.[7]
According to the Traditionalist School, this truth has been lost in the modern world,[2] and modernity itself is considered as an "anomaly in the history of mankind."[2] Traditionalists see their approach as a justifiable "nostalgia for the past".[8][note 5] Frithjof Schuon explains:
... "traditionalism"; like "esoterism" [...] has nothing pejorative about it in itself [...] If to recognize what is true and just is "nostalgia for the past," it is quite clearly a crime or a disgrace not to feel this nostalgia.[8]

How can you be ATHEIST and Traditionalist? Please explain me this
>.. "traditionalism"; like "esoterism" [...] has nothing pejorative about it in itself [...] If to recognize what is true and just is "nostalgia for the past," it is quite clearly a crime or a disgrace not to feel this nostalgia

It has nothing to do with NOSTALGIA or "Back in the day things were better"

If our perception isn't true, then what is?

Nothing

Truth is a fruitless concept

This. Applied seasoning.

I want nihilists to leave