Storytime of Pain - Nighthawk #4

Haha oh god I love storytiming this comic because it's so shit

Would've done it sooner but I was busy for most of the day

Something about that logo makes it look so cheap.

Makes him look like a fucking Madagascar character

Well, it does look an awful lot like WordArt

>Police and racists cracking down on Negroes

So it's Talon by way of modern Marvel then?

God what is wrong with my upload speed

my bad

>Show the police what happens when they shoot a guy for holding an assault rifle whilst hanging out with a bunch of looters in front of a van full of dead men.

They didn't really think through the demonisation of officer McDoinghisjobswell did they?

What the fuck is going on with that bike?

I liked it.
Already seen worse shit this week.

I thought Sup Forums liked this two issues ago.

Sup Forums isn't a single person.
Some of the people here like Alias, other ones hate everything Bendis related.

Im ready for the fucking pain

Do I!

Are you a racist?

>I don't want to hurt you

Wouldn't hurting a white guy be like, THE number one thing Nighthawk wants to do?

Yes

He didn't give Nighthawk the chance to do anything. With how trigger-happy he's presented, he would have shot even if Nighthawk had dropped the gun before speaking.

Yes. He does want to hurt him, but he's trying to stop being that person. That's why he's remembering his mother's speech while this is happening.

He's trying to keep himself from giving into the rage, but the cop is making it increasingly hard for him to resist.

I guess my number one question is, is he still a racist or what?

Aw god. It makes me mad that the cover art is way better than whats in the comic itself. Also anyone else find it funny how the Squadron Supreme comics kind of setup Nighthawk as having abandoned his racist ideals? Like the destruction of his universe made him realize that it's kind of bullshit. Then his standalone just throws him right back into it?

Hell even his standalone for Supreme Power didn't dive into political race shit.

Yes, but having his whole planet get blown up kinda threw stuff into perspective for him so he's trying to be better about it.

I wonder how well this comic would be received if the races were reversed.

Well you'd see a shitton about it on news sites, while nobody else who reads comics would even give a shit

I don't mind the art in this. I mean it's nothing amazing, but it's perfectly passable, nothing that brings me out of the story.

villalobos is dime store frank quitely