Why doesn't the League of Assassins just kill the Joker?

Why doesn't the League of Assassins just kill the Joker?

why doesn't The Spectre kill the joker

because batman won't let him

No particular interest.
The insanity defense works with god too, it seems. Morrison wrote something in his JLA run.

but the insanity defense doesn't work in court

there was that issue in jla where spectre/hal transported the jl into the joker's mind and they saw that at his core joker had a small part of decency left in him.

idk why spectre wouldn't just straight up murder and send him off to hell tho

They're kind of strict and so get caught up in in a lot of bureaucracy and following contracts to the letter. This is supposed to insure customer satisfaction but in the particular case of the Joker things kind of fell apart. You see, they were indeed contacted about killing himbut at the time there were FOUR Jokers. And the League of Assassins carried out their mission with exacting precision to the very detail based on the agreed upon contract. That contract however only called for the death of "A" Joker not "All" Jokers.

Why don't any random henchmen just shoot the Joker and attempt to become a new crime lord?

Hyperinsanity.

They let him live because they know if Batman kills the Joker then he is a worthy successor to Ras.

>Why doesn't the League of Assassins just kill the Joker?

Why would they?

Are you retarded? Why would Ra's want Bruce to have more free time to mess with him?

>Why doesn't the League of Assassins just kill the Joker?

Because Batman would flip out and crush them mercilessly, that's why.

Also in Ostrander's Spectre run

Why doesn't your mom kill the joker lmao

Dude wtf a little harsh bro
this community is so toxic

Hyperbullshit

Because they respect the work he does for the people of Gotham.

Insanity defense works difrently on earth 0

>because batgod won't let him
He didn't go to godly prep-time school to be called a mere man, thank you very much.

I havent read many league of assasians storys dont they want gotham to fall apart or was that just a movie thing.

(because it's three times the work of any other assassination)

Well it doesn't particularly seem like there's anything for the League of Assassins, in assassinating the Joker. I mean, he doesn't really stand up to them or anything. I think they'd only go after him if he starting actively messing with them.

Now, here's a better question. Why doesn't DEATHSTROKE go after him? Or, more accurately, why the fuck hasn't anyone paid him to kill the joker? I'm pretty sure there's some rich dude that'd want his head on a silver platter, considering all the shit he's done.

>inb4 it gets written into comics that literally nobody can afford the money to get Deathstroke to assassinate the Joker

Suppose Gotham instituted a death penalty. Joker is the first to go cause someone in that shithole made a good decision for once. Would bruce try interfere like the giant sperg fuck that he is?

Joker couldn't be sentenced to death because he's certifiably insane.

It's a shitty excuse, but he doesn't know what he's doing, technically, and can't be held accountable.

Where can I read this?

Insane isn't what keeps out of the gas chamber. It's knowing the difference between right and wrong. The Joker is capable of knowing what he does is wrong and can get him in trouble. That's why he does shit like going through the effort to get diplomatic immunity from backwards fuck sandistan.

I assume that the Joker has several proxies/ fall guys that look just like him, like in the Killing joke

i don't think they're gonna waste time, let alone resources, for that

But they'd have to know it woukd *really* chap Batman's ass. Can you imagine? The just go whole hog and try to kill his entire rogues gallery in a single night?

I'd read the fuck out if it.

Wh doesn't Lex Luthor just kill the Joker?
Why don't other Batman villains just kill the Joker?
Why doesn't every super-villain in the world just kill the Joker after the shit he pulled in Last Laugh and Salvation Run?
Why doesn't the Gotham Mob just kill the Joker?
Why doesn't the Gotham Police, supposedly most corrupt in America, just kill the Joker?
Why doesn't the US government just kill the Joker?
Why doesn't Amanda Waller just kill the Joker?
Why doesn't the Spectre just kill the Joker?
Why doesn't Mxyzptlk just kill the Joker?

Why's it gotta be a force of nature. If he goes out, why can't it just be some random joe, related to one of his victims perhaps, that gives him the old lead milkshake?

The joker isn't bulletproof.

I knew a guy at work who did ten years for plugging the dude who raped his daughter. Dude was chill as fuck.

Random joes don't have the access to the Joker when he's imprisoned and don't have the skills needed to find him when he's free.
Unless they got a job at Arkham Asylum, a hospital or at a courtroom, Average Joes won't have the chance to kill the Joker.

>The joker isn't bulletproof.
He practically has a healing factor (and literally in Snyder's run).

Random joes kill people on their way into and out of a courthouse fairly regularly.

The error she made was that she stopped shooting.

It might be the US by name, but by attitude and culture it's basically an alien planet.

>He practically has a healing factor

Healing factors and immortality are the most baseline powers of cape characters, user.

I think there was a scene in Superior Foes where someone says exactly that

He made it up.

How does it work?

Can you tell me what issue number that was?

>the insanity defense doesn't work in court
what? i think you're mistaken.

Because Ra's knows that people like the Joker don't stay dead.

Technically Batman killed him not even a year ago and now there are 3 instead of 1

DC needs to fuck off with this million Jokers meme desu.

The insanity defense is almost never successful in american courts. something like 5% of insanity pleas are found credible and result in a verdict of not guilty by reason of insanity.

Yes, but not as Batman, he'd go as Bruce and be against the death penalty.

>Why doesn't Lex Luthor just kill the Joker?
Because Joker occupies Bruce's attention and keeps Bruce from fucking with Lex.