Youngblood's coming back, Sup Forums, with Chad Bowers and Liefeld writing and Jim Towe doing art...

Youngblood's coming back, Sup Forums, with Chad Bowers and Liefeld writing and Jim Towe doing art. Are you hyped beyond belief?

comicbook.com/2016/08/24/deadpool-creator-rob-liefeld-bringing-back-youngblood-in-2017/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uk4QuQMvYGI
youtu.be/sSQEDx_4fc8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Shaft
Ha. Get it? Like a penis.

HA! They went from a 90's team of characters who looked like every other character to a 2010 team that looks like everything else being put out!

Connected to Prophet or Glory?

>hipster Youngblood
The fuck is this?

I like the waifus. Is this an Image comic still?

Didn't Liefeld get majorly triggered when people draw his characters like twins?

>hipster
Its time Sup Forums accepted this is the hero design of today

Was just about to post this. Shaft straight just looks like archer Meme-Lord. (not Star-Lord, Bendis' Meme-Lord)

Pass. Second rate capes are somehow worse than the Big Two stuff.

Yes. Liefeld mentioned how they need to get three issues done before Image lets them solicit it.

youtube.com/watch?v=uk4QuQMvYGI

>Shaft
>String on his bow
Isn't his entire thing that he has a high tech bow that shoots arrows with magnets?

>revamped Liefeld property
oh, hey, mite b coo-
>Liefeld is directly involved
dropped

Well, at least that's 1 more issue than his last Bloodstrike relaunch

Does anyone unironically like youngblood?

No.

Yes, I have a nostalgic soft sport of Extreme because I was the perfect age to love the comics when I first found them

Go fuck yourself. If Prophet, Glory and Supreme have taught us anything is that a Liefeld revamp is always good.

When the fuck did we get a Supreme revamp?

To be fair, none of them had Liefeld directly involved

I dunno how involved he's going to be in this, either, as even the article comments that he's probably just going to be co-writer in name only.

> Second rate capes are somehow worse than the Big Two stuff.
> only "real superheroes" matter
And then there's this asshole

Alan Moore

Oh, I thought you were referring to something after that. I don't think anyone really counts Supreme pre-Moore as Supreme though

>Liefeld writing
awesome, the one thing he does worse than drawing.

there was a Supreme related mini a couple years ago(?) Supreme: Blue Rose, apparently it was done by Ellis

Sounds like he's just co-plotting with Bowers doing the scripting.

The extent of his writing is probably going to be " WOULDN'T IT BE AWESOME IF..."

>a smart black man with yellow glasses

Like...do they do it on purpose? Or on accident not realizing the trend?

Why?

Erik Larsen does, the fucker.

I want to fucking vomit, I hated Youngblood

5% of all black babies are born with yellow glasses glued to their heads. Scientists have yet to found a correlation between this and their superior intellect.

Nice to see Badrock and Diehard. Will Chapel be in it too?

>Implying the old Youngblood were anything special

Almost every character was a blatant rip off of a Marvel or DC character

Liefield's a nice guy, I hear, but the further away from this he is the more hope for the book I have. Would be better if Suprema could look like she could actually throw a punch rather than being stick-thin. Her look in Glory was better.

They seem to be going for "practical" costume design and yet Sentinel only has his legs, arms, and torso protected with everything else exposed. He would be very vulnerable in a fight.

>Liefeld
How is this moron still get a job in the industry?

I don't care about it. I don't want a hipster Youngblood.

What I'd really want to see is an EXTREME comic but well written. Who said X-TREM needs to be bad?

I'd gladly refute you, but nobody reads that

at first I was like yuck, but after listing to Rod discuss the book on Nerdy Pop, I'm all in.

>practicool outfets
Fuck no.

Mah nigga Diehard. First day purchase.

I swear to God this happened last year

Tumblr the comic

Yellow just works with dark skin, contrasts and compliments it.
It's why Luke Cage dressed in yellow during the seventies.

The only shitty costumes are Shaft's and Sentinel's, Sentinel looks like he's wearing an incomplete Iron Man suit and Shaft looks like Star Lord. The rest of the line up is full of top tier cuties.

Question is, will grey actually have character this time?

Hahaha, no. Nevermind. Dumb question.

>this may be a milestone celebration title for Youngblood and Image's 25th anniversary

Let's see what everyone is so goddamn nostalgic about.

Same goes for Prophet,Glory and Deadpool

I don't know anything about panel layout but something about these pages gives me a headache

can someone who knows the craft explain what the fuck is wrong here

youtu.be/sSQEDx_4fc8

>you will never live in the Youngblood SatAM timelime

>Even his cartoons are delayed to nothing but concept art

Jesus Rob

Not at DC. Thank God

>who is Batgirl

Not the norm

For now.

Nah DC looked like they were going that way with DCYou but dropped it hard

The whole point of Youngblood was that they were celebrity superheroes. Turning them into hipsters totally fits in 2016

Is this real? What the fuck kind of idea is this? What kind of chucklefucks would even work on this project with Liefeld and why the fuck would anyone even read the damn thing? Does anyone even remember Youngblood and if so do they remember it fondly?

Clearly another beloved property ruined by Tumblr and millennials!

At this point we're only missing a revamp of Brigade