The Great X-Men Storytime - Vol. 4: Mutant Massacre (Part 17)

What's up, mah muggas?

Don't be fooled by this first issue, this mini is definitely connected to the X-Universe. Well, half of it, anyway.

PREVIOUSLY ON X-MEN:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vBecM3CQVD8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'll be honest, I thought you meant Belasco last time. But I'll be damned, there's Bongmeister himself.

What'd you guys read today?

I've only read Snotgirl and Chew from today's releases. Heard EXM was as boring as ever though.

This mini is so random, I don't blame you for not seeing it coming.

>I'm glad mommy and daddy didn't get killed
Geez, what a family.

Didn't get a chance to go the the LCS today. I think She Wolf is my only new release

Rich Tommaso, right? I've been thinking of checking that out, I dug Dark Corridor.

No much commentary tonight because I'm exhausted.

Yeah, I'll have to read Dark Corridor now because this was my first comic from him. The first issue just stood out to me among the new releases

He's going to be at Dragon Con next weekend so I'll probably just buy the trade straight off him

It's bretty gud stuff, which kinda bums me out because everyone always talks about shit like WicDiv or such when talking about Image.

It's always so weird to read back-issues of a comic you only casual.
I knew SheHulk was on the FF back in the day, but I didn't know it became the "Fantastic Five".
I figured it was only as a Ben temp replacement.

KEK - Faustian pact age restrictions. ; "I'd sell my soul to be able to buy beer!"

Now we start the parts that concerns us.

youtube.com/watch?v=vBecM3CQVD8

You know shit gets real when Reed grows a stubble.

Aren't we a little too late in the 80's to be narrating everything we do?

Yeah all the press seems to go to Image books by former Marvel writers

>This sounds a bit fantastic
YOU THINK THIS IS A FUCKING JOKE, SCOTT?!?!

NEVER! ... I say with fervor!

Welcome back X-user! I kinda admit your storytimes have been getting me by and making me fall in love with Marvel's mutants all over again.

Just tell them you're not a mutant, people buy that shit right away.

kek

Yeah, and shit sucks because there's a lot of good shit out there by undiscovered talent, but then people don't read it because they didn't write the Avengers or something, and the series gets fucking cancelled and... yeah.

Whoops.

Hi user! Glad to hear that, it's one of the reasons I started this little project in the first place.

Yeah I feel like I have to discover comics on my own or when creators I like talk about it because most comics journalists only talk about big events and movies

That does suck! There are several places that help me discover good stuff though, like TCJ, certain creator's social media stuff like Twitter and Tumblr, checking the new releases at the Win-O' for any interesting sounding names, etc.

I'm gonna have to take a break here to walk the dog, brb

I remember reading this for the first time

I love this Mephisto con-game, he's working his way up the food chain pretty fast and talking sense the whole way along.

I'm pretty sure this was a celebrity cameo.

Wait-a-tick... What 'Phisty is offering Scott there... That happened!

So, phisty's bullshitting here, right?

What is it with Demonic entities and blondes?

The Devil lies, user. It's his whole thing.

And I'm back. Man, that walk took way longer than I thought it would.

How is the pageart somehow more creepy than the coverart?

I don't know, but either way, yuck.

Alright, last issue and I can finally go to sleep!