‘The Emoji Movie’ Delivers A Number Two At The Box Office

cartoonbrew.com/box-office-report/emoji-movie-delivers-number-two-box-office-152647.html

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!vZJyRZLA!5cCV5GwdgQmvy18B0TCjh3v_PoTlAPFXpunZCCPqyhA
youtube.com/watch?v=TN96_vO5zhQ
uproxx.com/movies/the-emoji-movie-running-diary/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

... Why?

No shit. It's the thing everyone loves to hate so the idiots all buy tickets so the can go "laugh" at how bad it is, or they're just being painfully ironic. They played right into sony's hands.

not to mention le epic text generation actually liking it.

so, anyone has the cam rip link?
not paying for this shit yet still curious how bad it is
but it probably won't be like the experience of Troma movies back in high school

to contribute, so far I've only found a very shit version at mega.nz/#!vZJyRZLA!5cCV5GwdgQmvy18B0TCjh3v_PoTlAPFXpunZCCPqyhA

Don't compare Troma movies with this trash

sorry

another gem I've seen at the time is
youtube.com/watch?v=TN96_vO5zhQ

>movie is as bad as every non Pixar CGI cartoon movie that gets good/decent reviews
>film gets awful reviews because no critic wants to say a movie about emoticons is okay and be kicked out of their hipster internet meme café
Face it, Emoji movie was fine

I went to see it, it was lit af and as good as it can be

>raucnchy?
Check

>LITTY?
Check

>summer fun?
Double check

We've reached peak contrarianism.

i'd rather experience it vicariously through through corporate entertainment blog posts
uproxx.com/movies/the-emoji-movie-running-diary/

It actually isn't that bad.

you have to have a very high IQ to understand The Emoji Movie. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Gene's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike The Emoji Movie truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Gene's existential catchphrase "Meh," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have an Emoji tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Emojikino.

Liberals are afraid their kids won't grow up as liberals so they go show them this propoganda.

because people on the right got triggered by it, so people on the left went to see it just to spite them

if you just ignored these films they would die

I heard it was better than The Lego Movie (2014)

I lol'd

Critics calling this the worst movie ever really saved this movie.
If they just said "This movie is okay, but it does nothing extraordinary and entertaining", then this movie wouldn't have any ticket sales other than from kids who don't know better.

People on the right? Um, sweetie that's incorrect. This movie looked like hot garbage from day one. It has nothing to do with my political leanings, or that idiot voicing the protagonist.

Sony can't keep getting away with mediocrity.