Sherlock

is this shit worth watching?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LkoGBOs5ecM
youtube.com/watch?v=h6bHaxRrgqQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First two series are good if you're a fan of mysteries.

Agree with the first poster. Season 3 and 4 are bogged down with saturated Moffat. MARY this, evil secret telepathic psychopathic twin sister that. It's not pleasant.

I suppose the end wiped the slate clean so they have the option of not using the season long gripes that ruined the last 2, so they could make it more like an anthology, but knowing the writers...

If you LOVE the first episode then go on till season 3. If you thought it was just good then stop.

The first and third episode of the first two seasons, ignore the rest.

I think it's worth a watch for Cumberbatch and Freeman.

Weak "character is so smart it's illogical" puzzle of the week storytelling mixed with subpar acting by the British, which are naturally unpleasing to the eye.

Listen to me OP.

Anton Chigurh from No Country for Old Men is a smartly written smart character. When Chigurh kills a hotel room full of three people he books to room next door so he can examine it, finding which walls he can shoot through, where the light switch is, what sort of cover is there etc. This is a smart thing to do because Chigurh is a smart person who is written by another smart person who understands how smart people think.

Were Sherlock Holmes to kill a hotel room full of three people. He'd enter using a secret door in the hotel that he read about in a book ten years ago. He'd throw peanuts at one guy causing him to go into anaphylactic shock, as he had deduced from a dartboard with a picture of George Washington carver on it pinned to the wall that the man had a severe peanut allergy. The second man would then kill himself just according to plan as Sherlock had earlier deduced that him and the first man were homosexual lovers who couldn't live without eachother due to a faint scent of penis on each man's breath and a slight dilation of their pupils whenever they looked at each other. As for the third man, why Sherlock doesn't kill him at all. The third man removes his sunglasses and wig to reveal he actually WAS Sherlock the entire time. But Sherlock just entered through the Secret door and killed two people, how can there be two of him? The first Sherlock removes his mask to reveal he's actually Moriarty attempting to frame Sherlock for two murders. Sherlock however anticipated this, the two dead men stand up, they're undercover police officers, it was all a ruse. "But Sherlock!" Moriarty cries "That police officer blew his own head off, look at it, there's skull fragments on the wall, how is he fine now? How did you fake that?". Sherlock just winks at the screen, the end.

This is retarded because Sherlock is a smart person written by a stupid person to whom smart people are indistinguishable from wizards.

this

season 4 is absolutely disgusting except the 2nd episode. You can watch the rest I guess

no, there was no exceptions in season 4, it was pure shit all along.

OP. only the first 2 seasons.

Kek and good point, have nice pair of tits user.

No. Sherlok and Elementary are pretty bad at getting the characters right. Fuck, even The Return of Sherlock Holmes had a better take on it and better investigative scenes and it was a comedy tv movie/pilot about a thawed out Sherlock in the 80s.

Sherlock and Elementary are using cool instead of clever as the main ingredient.

Bravo.

The series is an insult to the books and to many of the other adaptations. I'll take Matt Frewer's cheap Sherlock tv movies over UK Sherlock any day.

Copypasta but perfect.

It's better than the Manlet Sherlock movies. It's worst than every other Sherlock related movies/series. Even Elementary is more clever. Even Shirley Holmes was more entertaining. Even Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century was more fun.

What's his name again?

toilet bog fart

Better watch this. Save your time.

In all seriousness was the plot twist at thw end that his twin was so smart she could predict the future hence the riddle she made up as a child. Honestly I was that lost with the whole plan thing

This.

Nah she was just a mong and repeated her childhood actions after Sherlock tried to top himself.

His sister is literally so smart that she's insane. Its retarded. She's so smart she can fucking mind control people.

Anyone have that copypasta/screenshot about intelligent characters and then how they write Sherlock (it involves peanut butter and shooting a gay lover)? They're idiots writing an intelligent person, so they just tell you they're smart instead of showing it (which is odd because the first 2 seasons were great for showing instead of telling).

Either way the last 2 seasons of sherlock were UTTER SHIT. The latest was actually offensively bad.

Seasons 1 and 2 were actually good, in my opinion.

>1 hour 50 minute long video from egregious SJW cuck retard
No thanks

The police officer was just a life sized tracking device automaton Sherlock planted.

...Obviously.

just watch this

If you can accept a physically deformed night elf acting all smug all the time,you could give it a try. I liked Bilbo in it.

Sounds awful.

I really wish it wasn't copypasta, this is actually pretty funny

>evil secret telepathic psychopathic twin sister
I already almost forgot about that, that was so awful.

Threadly reminder

I was put off at first by Brinklespatch Cumklebarf and whether or not this was true, but I started watching it.

And even though the pasta is definitely true in a lot of ways, I enjoyed it more often than I did not. It's definitely not a clever show but it's not terribly written. Freeman is great as usual and Benedict is pretty okay.
I think the show manages to pull off it's initial premise, adapting Sherlock into the modern world, really well. The feel of the stories is similar, the unraveling of the plots is similar, and so on. It deserves credit for that, at least.
Although turning Moriarty into a Joker-knock off was beyond shitty and the show has had a lot of laughably bad moments.

I heard Seasons 3 and 4 are where the show goes downhill so I might have to retract these statements in the future

youtube.com/watch?v=h6bHaxRrgqQ

Promising start with diminishing returns. Some very bad writing along the way, and it gets boring, I found my mind wandering halfway through the second series and couldn't get into it after a while, realized I didn't even remember what happened in the last one I watched because I didn't care.

Good episodes list
>S1E1
>S1E3
>S2E1
>S3E3
>S4E2

You know, in the first episode, when they introduced Mycroft and pretended he was Moriarty, at first I was massively dissapointed that they were revealing Moriarty this early, but I thought "fine, at least he fits the character".
And then they later revealing that tap dancing Joker wannabe made me almost wish that Mycroft really was Moriarty the whole time

HOW
DID
HE
DO
IT

Best episode: A Scandal in Belgravia

But yeah, it's mostly trash, and complete trash in S3.

>giant eagle

>giant eagle

Meant for

Reminder that Sherlock has a mental palace where he retreats to think and that a mental projection of Moriarty lives there.

>"John, I'm a sociopath."
t. the guy that just has autism
>"Sherlock, you're a sociopath!"
t. the guy who carries a gun in Bongistan and regularly shoots complete strangers with it because his autistic friend might be in danger or something like that

Just According to Keikaku

Pure logic, my dear Watson. *smirks*

I really like this show. Too bad there aren't more episodes. Last seasons is not the best though.

Ah yes, the high functioning sociopath meme.

Me? not a fan.

>all the plebs on this thread
Sherlock is a science-fiction/urban fantasy drama by one of the most talented heads working in the UK today.
It shows this extremely interesting world where IQ is the origin of all magic, the "power source" you might say, every major player in the game has some reality-altering power that is based on their brain matter.
And at the same time, the human mind is not enough to withstand the major-league damage done to it by this reality-changing powers, they go insane.
But in come the Holmes, the protagonist, deuteragonist and tritagonist; the cursed brains of Zeus, Poseidon and Hades. Born with this curse that they truly don't want to have, they all deal with their supreme powers differently.

Of course, the story never stops to indulge in lore-dump and explain how the magic in this world works, it respects the audience too much for it.

While Mycroft (Superego) uses his powers to get into the highest level of political power, essentially an ego-drive, and Eurus (Id) is so far-gone she uses her power to try to essentially take over the world, Sherlock (Ego) doesn't have an end-game, he's a shut-in looking for something, which he will find eventually in the form of mortal people that compose his family. Moriarty is the joker in all of this, a demonic force of nature that can be and do anything. He works behind the scenes and might be the most powerful wizard of the whole cast. He's not a character to be worked, he's a plot device given life. Meta-narrative comes into play here with Moffat's expert writing genius.

In a way, Sherlock is a modern take on Greek stories, where a family of Gods is put through a great struggle and fights with itself, each abusing their incredible powers to achieve their own personal goals.
But unlike Greek plays, this doens't end in tragedy. It turns into the story of an insane God who discovers how to be a simple man, and saves his disfuncional family from destruction.

I'd say it's extremely dry in the emotion and overall plot departments. Still, could get something out of it; the Holmes character is quite charismatic.

Who has the Falcor vertical? Can't fucking find it with google for some reason.

It's worth it. He gives an overview of Moffat's works and makes a pretty strong case that the guy is, in fact, a terrible writer. This naturally translates into shit like 'Sherlock' which is also garbage.

>one of the most talented heads working in the UK today

That's embarrassing if true.

OF COURSE

Remember when we waited like 2 years for the answer to this and only to be told it doesn't matter

Only the Shadow knows

Is Elementary at least better than Sherlock ?
I heard really mixed opinions on it

The first season is worth it.

Elementary is a great show and I would say is better than Sherlock consistently.

Has a nice atmosphere and is comfy.

Elementary actually tackles the drug angle and somehow has LESS SherlockxWatson shipping than Sherlock despite Watson being Lucy Liu. Just those two things makes it better than Sherlock.

Much better.

I'd watch Elementary over Sherlock any day

It's scary how well this pasta describes what is wrong with Sherlock.

Moffatt was decent in doctor who

lol

for a while he actually was, or at least, a vast improvement over russell t davies

All the best series of doctor who have been written by moffat. The objective golden age of the entire series was the capaldi-Moffatt era.

He wrote it into the script.

>The objective golden age of the entire series was the capaldi-Moffatt era.

Watch the Granada TV adaptation with Jeremy Brett, which is miles ahead of this garbage.

Elementary is better senpai

watch the guy ritchie sherlock holmes films instead

Cumberbatch is an awful actor dunno why people like him.

>somehow has LESS SherlockxWatson shipping than Sherlock

it's not difficult to have less, honestly

What kind of stupid-ass advice is that, retard?

>HOW
>DID
>HE
>DO
>IT

rolled a natural 20 to save from falling damage

I take it you preferred the farting aliens then. Also you haven't countered my point at all so i'm gonna assume you have nothing

>watching anything by Scorsese lite lite

First episode is good, then it goes to shit VERY quickly

Ehh I enjoyed it, to say the least.
The last episode though, secret insane evil sister I get, but fucking mind control, seeing the future and shit? That's taking it too far.
At least in the Hounds of Baskerville episode the werewolves were drugs-induced.
The soundtracks are pretty good though.

>but fucking mind control, seeing the future and shit? That's taking it too far.
Not it isn't. Sherlock might as well be supernatural in nature with all the insane crap he pulls. And his sister is supposed to be the final boss so it's only fitting. Stupid but fitting.

>At least in the Hounds of Baskerville episode the werewolves were drugs-induced.

There were some stupid coincidences in that episode too:

There really was a stray dog out there randomly
Top secret chemical weapons program made their own T-shirts

The mind control is terribly written, though. It's only a plot device to explain how she took over the prison. Sherlock and Mycroft are apparently immune, which is OK since they're special, but they don't even mention that Watson should be compromised.

Imagine writing a TV episode so bad even your most hardcore dickriders think you intentionally made it bad

The general in charge of the top secret facility was allowed to have Maggie as the password that grants you access to the entire system. With the system not even allowing you to type Margaret because it's too many symbols.

That shit would have been a thousand times better if Sherlock didn't use his magic brain to figure the password out and instead used his skills to deduce that the general was forgetful and so must be writing down the random alpanumeric passwords that he had to renew each month, and then figuring out that he's writing it down in one of the Thatcher books on the shelf because it's been picked out more often than the others and obviously someone wouldn't be reading a fucking Thatcher book every day.

The sister with magic powers was the all time low point.

>obviously someone wouldn't be reading a fucking Thatcher book every day.

Speak for yourself

Oh i know. It's just another case of "The show is written by a stupid person to whom smart people are indistinguishable from wizards."

May pls leave.