So now that everone has seen 'em both

Which One was the better video game movie Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SZ4qypxpP9M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There was literally no reason whatsoever as to why these films needed to be Theatrical

>Seen them both
I didn't even know RC came out.

The one not based on an overrated-as-fuck mobile phone game that relies on political shit to get attention from adults.

i havent seen RC but AB was pretty good

I thought Ratchet and clank was alright for what it was.

Shame they probably won't do the sequel

I actually saw R&C and forgot it exists.

There's really one great joke but the rest is pretty garbage, which sucks cuz Im a big fan of the PS2 games

Haven't seen Angry Birds, but thought Ratchet and Clank was okay. I'm definitely a bigger fan of R&C as a series than AB though.

Angry Birds. Actually the worst part of the movie was the attack on the Piggy Castle which is like the only thing that actually made it like the games.

>I didn't even know RC came out.
It was poorly marketed and very poorly timed, since the series' popularity peaked years ago. Hell, even at its peak I don't think a theatrical movie would've done that well.

>Hell, even at its peak I don't think a theatrical movie would've done that well.
Yeah, it has a fanbase (had?) but Ratchet and Clank has never been a huge franchise.

The Sly movie

asspained avians isn't a video game

>THIS......okay not the political shit but THIS

Thank you! I know Ratchet and Clank wasn't that good but I still thought it was way better than Angry Birds.

Angry Birds was also poorly timed, it needed to come out three years ago

The two best Video Game movies are still Super Mario Brothers and the first Mortal Kombat movie

What's the best video game movie wasn't the question, user.

>now that everone has seen 'em both
Speak for yourself, I will never see Angry Birdssss

>not Street Fighter

get a load of this pleb

who is that wiener witch are the far end of the lineup?

>hype up the RYNO
>never fires it

It's not like the music costs money you assholes

I liked Angry birds first 2 acts

Never saw Ratchet and Clank, don't wanna.

Funny story, I stuck around the end of Birds, and the band at the end said it was PG-13. Error? Progress? It'd certainly explain "Flocking."

this.

the movie really wasnt that bad, it was actually pretty fun most of the way through. Ratchet and Clank was just poorly written and paced

Ratchet the Lombax

>not Postal
The only video game movie to match the theme and quality of a game perfectly so far.

Raul died too soon.

>Make your series reliant on "muh lore" while eschewing a lot of what made the early games good.
>Then fuck up that lore in a movie.

Fucking why?

Angry Birds was as least amusing with a decent pace. Ratchet and Clank is all over the goddamn place. It's like this weird cluster of someone trying to jump from cliche to cliche all sewn together with a really badly placed chekhov's gun that even the character admits the existence of makes no sense.

The 'Is it danger' joke gave me a chuckle, though.

Link the scene?

Video game movies are a fucking paradox, they are either bad because they fail to be accurate to the games or they are so accurate that they just make you want to play the game instead of watching a movie version of the game

I think the warcraft movie was pretty good on your scale. It was different enough from the RTS and MMO enough to be its own thing and the changes made in the lore to make the movie were very minimal and mostly a side effect of lore/history/races not being created yet at that point in the games.

If only the humans were CG.

Angry Birds. Was at least structured like a movie compared to the mess that is Ratchet and Clank

bump

youtube.com/watch?v=SZ4qypxpP9M

Haven't seen Ratchet and Clank, but Angry Birds was boring as fuck. Plot was bland, jokes were horrid (even children in my showing didn't laugh) and the only good thing about was Muslims invading Europe allegory.

Kingsglaive.

i havent seen R&C yet but i did like Angry Birds a lot, it was hilarious

I still can't believe they made a street fighter movie without ryu.

Ryu is in it, but he and Ken are a comedy relief duo, which is more jarring.

Those movies are trash and were only acceptable in the 1990s because nobody had attempted this shit before.
The correct answer is Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.
>Story and direction by the game's creator
>Unique CGI for the time developed and produced by Square
>Doesn't require any fucking knowledge of the games to understand the story
>Not a fucking rehash of previous Final Fantasy games
And I don't give a shit if you think it sucks because there were no Chocobos or Summons. The general public doesn't give a shit about that crap. Even the FF creator didn't want that crap in his own movie.
>inb4 FF: Advent Children was better
Yeah that dramatic scene where they have to double jump on top of each other into the sky wasn't the most fucking ridiculous thing I've ever seen in CGI. Don't make your graphics photorealistic if you're going to do cartoon shit like that.

Really? I haven't watched since way back when, and only really remeber Guille and Bison.

R&C felt like it was riddled with cynical executive meddling in attempt to make it palatable for non R&C fans. There were some good jokes in there that had horribly unfunny follow-ups.

I'm a huge fan of R&C so I could be blinded by fanboyism but I really enjoyed the movie for what it was worth. I would have preferred a complete rehash of the original trilogy's plot, but I didn't mind a complete reboot of the story, since the game implies it's just Captain Qwark making shit up.

He said good video game movie, not mediocre video game movie with only two good characters in it

Angry birds.

Sup Forums was right

Guys, guys. I think we're missing the more important question...

Will Carmelita Fox be sexy in the Sly movie? What are your predictions? Yes? Hell yes? FUCK yes?

the one that shows the dangers of islam and immigration from third world countries

Angry Birds was great imo. Not buying the Sup Forums shit, that's a meme.

R&C as others said, was a mess. Not bad, but it didn't know what it wanted to be fully.

my prediction: Fuck No, because there isn't going to be a Sly movie. They pretty much said the R&C movie was gonna determine a Sly movie, and it bombed like a devastator missile.

The first Ratchet and Clank is the only one I played so a lot of the changes just felt like making things different for the fuck of it instead of actually improving anything. A lot of the plot beats are significantly worse and the fact that the movie goes out of its way to try and force sympathy for Drek and Qwark feels like a waste of time. Plus how Ratchet and Clank spend most of the movie in different rooms but the movie still tries to play up their friendship, when before they were constantly stuck together and pissed off.

Angry Birds is probably better just because there's nothing to sperg out about and it's probably easier to enjoy on its own merits as a result.

How did Angry Birds become so popular of a game? It's not even an original concept.

Because it was a simple concept that was marketed better with bright, colorful cute characters with the power of merchandising.

Angry Birds is probably the best movie based off a video game as far as actual quality is concerned.

..Which still doesn't mean very much since the bar's been set so low, but it's something.

>Angry Birds is probably the best movie based off a video game as far as actual quality is concerned.
This, the movie was great and it didn't even needed to be an Angry Birds movie
R&C was trash, i literally forgot i watched it before this thread

Took my son to see Angry Birds. It was bad but it wasn't offensively so.

Definitely. Chaotic, mean, ceaselessly violent, kind of poorly put together. All perfectly matching the strange game that is Portal.

I haven't seen Angry Birds but R&C was the biggest movie-related disappointment of my life. I'm a big fan of the games and I was so looking forward to it when it was announced. What a shame.