Get in discussion about a show's terrible writing and animation

>get in discussion about a show's terrible writing and animation
> "relax, its just a cartoon"

That's when you know you have won the argument.

THAT'S MY PURSE I DON'T KNOW YOU

>"lol dude calm down it's only a cartoon :)"

Thats what you get for trying to argue with casuals

Getting mad about shit writing in a Western cartoon is like loosing your jimmies over the low quality of food at McDonalds.

That's when you should evaluate whether the aspect of the cartoon you're arguing about is of any actual fucking import.

Nobody cares if two beings magically merge together but their mass doesn't match what would have resulted because blah blah conservation of energy blah blah gravity in the southern region of Australia is blah blah fuck off.

Relax, it's just a weeaboo image board.

Why does it matter what adults think about writing in a cartoon?

>type in a Sup Forums thread I think a cartoon is good because it's funny and overall enjoyable
>a bunch of autists attack me for not spending 15 minutes overanalyzing a children's cartoon on a cartoon forum

jesus, it's just a cartoon calm down

This.

REEEEEEEEEEE GTFO

if you don't want to analyze it, what can you bring to a discussion?

Repeat to yourself it's just a show. you should really just relax.

That response is mainly about how a show who's intended audience for children does not need great writing to satisfy their audience. What is and what is not poorly written is subjective anyway, the writing may not appeal to you, or it may have brought you displeasure, but how does it become poorly written with that? This response is commonly used because the arguer thinks that they are making your statement negligible. I can see why, what is the point of criticising baby food saying it taste like shit, when it is widely preferred by said babies?

Friendly reminder, just because a show's target audience is kids, doesn't mean the writing or animation have to fucking suck.

No one's arguing that, who is saying that due to the program being targeted at kids, it is obligatory for the writing to "suck?"

Fuck off, gigantic plotholes are important. I can handwave semantics and little shit, but not giant stuff where characters were severely beaten with the idiot stick.

Yeah it's such a huge plot hole that [a bunch of obscure nonsense that require a physics degree to even determine whether it's correct or not]

It's even worse when you preface your argument like this
>I know it's just a cartoon, but if I were to look at it the same way we do literature...

And people still go "omg it's just a cartoon it's not meant to be analyzed" when you finish.

>Wait, why didn't any of the heroes use their abilities here to stop the billion getting away? They've all be established to have something they can use.
>It's just a cartoon, that's why :^)
RRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Congradulations, you were able to find examples of lazy writting in a show where making a well written story is not the goal. Do go on.

>Congradulations

For kids user, a cartoon for kids. That's like van gogh judging fridge art.

That's nod the poind. It's aboud people gedding buddhurd over losing an argumend.

>"uh oh, this guy made a valid and convincing point"
>"hue hue I see here you misspelled a word"
>"better luck next time pal"

You wanna judge bad cartoons, I wanna judge bad spelling

You sure showted him.

>Thats what you get for trying to argue with Sup Forums
Is that what you meant?

they argue it's normal and fine for the writing to suck.

Same difference.

This is the truth.

>this show is horrible
>why?
>because the fandom is horrible

Maybe if you and your kind weren't faggots people would watch your show

This is why I refuse to watch Rick and Morty

>giving a shit about what other people think/do
>letting that affect you enough to ruin your enjoyment for something

This is some elementary school playground bullshit.

Same reason I refuse to breathe air

Is it a discussion, an argument, or a fight?

Because sometimes, that's the appropriate response to a certain level of investment in this subject.

Every single person I know irl that watches Rick and Morty won't shut the fuck up about it.

It's not my job to watch something just because it's there. It's the show and its fans job to persuade me to. Neither one of those things did the job so why should I watch it?

>It's the show and its fans job to persuade me to
Have you watched the show?

It's the reason I don't go to their threads. The show itself is why I don't watch it.

Read what I said again, chief.

Yes, and?

The argument isn't why should you continue watching something you don't like, it's why do you refuse to give something a chance because of the fanbase.

>I'm incapable of watching anything on my own initiative
You're such a faggot holy shit

Read what I said again, chiefs.

I read what you said just fine. What you said is just retarded and you're going into damage control mode because you can't defend it.

Why is this the only medium that gets this treatment?
>Twilight is a terrible book with unrealistic characters.
>"Relax, it's just a book."

So basically you're NOT trying to make the best product you possibly can? Your PURPOSE is to be badly-written and annoying?

See pic related? This is you.

>Why is this the only medium that gets this treatment?
Animation is still seen as something for children. It's being taken seriously recently over the years, but the common person still sees it as something for kids.

The original point was about people saying a show is bad because "the fan base is bad" which has nothing to do with you wanting to watch it or not

Video games, movies and books do all get that treatment.

>It's being taken seriously recently
>Disney buying Oscars left and right
>Almost all movies tell same story
>Direct to Video movies now acceptable for theaters
>Only adult animation is a joke on "Lawl cartoons are for kids so here's one that's not!"

Explain.

Haven't heard people say those IRL. Maybe comic books, but to say something's comic-booky is more that it's unbelievable.

>Haven't heard people say those IRL
Then you surround yourself with people who either idolize or don't read books. At least you must have heard someone say it about video games.

Not really. Video games get a lot of respect where I go. Everyone seems to be talking about CawDoody an Streets of Faghtin' where I come from.

I mean you're free to criticize but if you lose your composure over this shit it's time to remember its just a cartoon.

These posters need to stop leaving themselves wide open.

You probably spent a lot of time putting toys in straight lines as a child, huh.

Beg pardon, but we kinda had to since the toys were bricks.

aren't you the guy who was being all autistic toward craig maccracken so he told you "a grown man shouldnt be thinking about cartoons so hard".... yeah you got BTFO manbabby stop trying to recruit us to be your personal army.

Bloody christ, this is pathetic.

Not only an adult bitching and crying about a childrens cartoon, but getting mad when people points out that is only a cartoon for children ffs.

Even for a place full of autism, you are outstanding, dweeb.

>literal retards who pass on good thing because they don't want to like the same thing as people they don't like
Wew. There are people on Sup Forums who just like cartoons and comics and then there are emotional children like you guys.

pls be banner

>mfw people say "Relax, it's just x no need to be critical about it" unironically

I hate how cartoons are prone from being criticised.

>omg this cartoon is so deep and good it's like Citizen Cane but cartoon xddd
>nah it's not that good
>holy shit dude calm the fuck down it's just a kid's show

If the show truly is meant for little kids, I'm gonna treat like it's one. But if the show is supposedly mature and insightful, people should be able to analyze it and critisize it.

>mfw most of the only people who care about discussing, praising, and criticizing cartoons are on Sup Forums while everyone else thinks you're a manchild even though you dream about being a comic artist or animator

Both one of my best friends and my girlfriend will defend a show or movie's writing to the death even if they've never seen it.
Its annoying as fuck.

this is the exact oposite of mfw

Well, excuuuuuuuse me, princess.

Being a manchild is great desu

Sounds reasonable but where's the cutoff point from little kids cartoon not worth analyzing and mature cartoon geared for older children and adults? What's the youngest age range you can get away with when reviewing a cartoons writing or story?

kek

>What's the youngest age range you can get away with when reviewing a cartoons writing or story?
preschool tier is exempt because those are for education, but Sponge, for example, seems to be acceptable to criticize. and who is the core audience of Sponge, like 8 years old? kids that age will still watch the zombie Sponge but clearly, us kids who grew up with Sponge remember its good writing.

Your mum needs to stop leaving herself wide open tbqh

Ever thought there may be a reason for that?
It's because it's an amazing show.

Don't the reair all the classic episodes?

Take it easy, it's just a drawing.

>actually taking the opinions of Sup Forums seriously

you deserve to not achieve your dream

>its fans job to persuade me to.

No it's fucking not.

>this show is horrible
>why?
>because the writing and dialogue is shallow and the animation looks worse than a Newgrounds flash animation
>well it's fun if you turn off your brain

>"Relax, it's just a book."
That's because they'll say "relax, it's just [genre]."

This doesn't apply to nonfiction though.

>Just turn off your brain and enjoy it

>the ones who say calm down it's just a cartoon spend all day wacking off in a general about said cartoon

>this show is horrible
>why?
>because the character designs look like something from tumblr, the voice acting is absolutely terrible, the drama feels like it came straight out of a bad fanfiction.net fic, there are no real antagonists, the pacing is dreadful, it takes a full season for the plot to even get underway, there is too much filler, the main character is an annoying ugly little shit, and the fandom is so horrible even the creators hate them
>YOU SAID "TUMBLR" OH MY FUCKING GOD LIKE CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE SOME *REAL* REASONS THE SHOW IS BAD? THE (non-descript contemporary show) HATEDOM IS SO MUCH WORSE THAN THE FANDOM ANYWAY

>You just want to discuss your favorite cartoon
>You're discussing it with autists

Better yet
>it's comfy
Comfy and fun are meaningless terms people use to justify their enjoyment of bad/bland shows.
I don't care if you like them, but don't pretend it's from some inherent quality in the work itself.

>this show is horrible
>why?
>because the writer's idea of comedy is screaming and poop jokes
>oh, and who are you to decide what is objectively funny?

>You just want to discuss your favorite cartoon
>You have to go to /trash/ because threads on Sup Forums get shit posted into oblivion by autists.

You seriously wait til a fandom rears their ugly heads in order to watch a show? That sounds truly awful