Why did he always order it "tea, earle grey, hot"?

Why did he always order it "tea, earle grey, hot"?

Does anyone drink earle grey cold? If so this has to be rare, and the computer would reasonably assume he wants it hot.

No e at the end of earl there buddy.
And yes, posh cunts drink it as an ice tea with lemon and some herbs of some sort.

>what is ice tea

Whether certain beverages have been prefered warm or cold has fluctuated throughout human history. It is concievable that at some point cold or room temperature tea was in vogue. Thus a specification would need to be made to the computer as to the desired temperature.

Go meme somewhere else you shitfuck.

Tea can be served warm, room temperature, or ice cold.

>room temperature or cold.

Not in the United Caliphate of Brittania my good friend!!!

What are the two hundred and fifty odd years between now and TNG?

Brewing tea at different temperatures changes the taste. Most green tea is made well below what you would consider hot.

With Earl Grey you usually brew it with cold water and then heat it up to a particular temperature so some would have it tepid/warm/hot

t.Britbongistani

Because the computer is anal about specificity in orders. In the first episode of Voyager, Tom Paris struggles to order tomato soup because it wants to know which of fourteen varieties, hot or cold, he desires.

Picard is, appearances aside, French. They really should have had him drinking coffee and with an antique edition of works of Victor Hugo on his ready room table.

>"Captain on the bridge!"
>"I'm back, did anything happen while I was away Number 1?"
>"Captain the Silver Mask was here! He saved the ship! You just missed him!"
>"Oh darn, I never seem to catch that fellow. I wonder who he might be?"
My favorite TNG episodes.

Why does he wear the mask?

Did someone just spill perfume or cologne in a cup of tea and instead of poisoning Earl Grey, the old bastard liked it.

>Ah, Mr. Laforge you came to the orgy after all.
>No Captain, I wear this because I'm blind, you know that. And we're under attack.

Most tea is brewed at different temperatures, but Earl Grey is not brewed in cold water. It's a black tea which means it needs to be brewed in boiling hot water.

I always assumed it's similar to some people clicking on Apply and then clicking on OK.

underrated

He wants it hotter than the default serving temperature, Americans are.terrible at making tea and you need to tell them to make it hot.

Because if he didn't specify that he wanted tea the replicators would print out the actual Earl of Grey, who by the way is really hot.

Queers

his penis was too tall.

He doesn't want it warm. He wants it to scald his throat as he drinks it.

Redditor.