Are the Thundercats still too furry for Sup Forums?

Are the Thundercats still too furry for Sup Forums?

I'm looking for reference like the model sheets that were on deviantArt from a funny, angry person involved with the show.

This is the largest I have. The others are 800x518.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/d0jddQKRr-o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

And of all the characters to post, of course you picked the little girl.

mods are fags, news at 11.
The reason Tcats can't usually be discussed here is that people make it nothing but bitching, instead of talking about the good bits.
Thanks for this high quality picture though. I'm going to definitely use this to make my fanart suck less. I get commissioned to draw Kit like, over 50 percent of the time, and honestly I don't deserve to get paid what I get paid for them at my quality.

He clearly stated why he posted that one, though.

Why are you so triggered?

At least it wasn't the little boy. Sup Forums and the internet in general is getting really michaeljacksony lately. like, I can't complain because I'd be a pretty huge hypocrite, but.. yeesh. At least neoteny in females makes sense from a health standpoint.

Here is another model sheet from the guy on DA.

>got the Mattel Thundercats Classics sub
>got the SDCC Wilykit and Wilykat set
>Mattel pulls the plug on the line before the whole team is built
>not even an awakened Mummra
JUST

Here is the guy on DA.

How the fuck does 4chanx decide how big to blow things up when you hover over them? OP's image looks smaller than it is, whereas this one actually looks BIGGER than it is when hovered-over. Like seriously I could screencap the hovered image and it'd be bigger than yours. fuck, I'll do it.

That social media post or whatever on the right makes me sympathize with him again.

-and here is a photo of a more lewd version of a Cheetara model sheet.

Christ, did he really have to respond in such an autistically ballistic manner?

>IT'S COOL
it sure is.
I love the pose where she's putting on her completely ridiculous leg straps. This show had the most uniquely weird clothing I've seen outside of a JRPG

Will we ever get another Thundercats show again that they won't absolutely fuck up

18 hour days 7 days a week for 3 years will do that to you. Sabbath, man. Not just a commandment, it's a good idea.
I also assume those posts were a bit cherrypicked. It's also likely he interacted with some other cheekier cunt earlier.
And on top of that yeah he's probably a socially inept manchild. Because you don't hire your artists based on their online public persona.
I mean, you do now, I assume. But not in 2011.

Why are cat girls so incredibly fucking slutty in every incarnation ever. I mean, jesus christ, Felicia from Darkstalkers is raised in a convent, it's like there's no way that they can be unlewd,

Let's just continue this one seeing as it did so goddamn much right, and the bits it did wrong could easily be fixed with some better writing. Honestly I didn't even notice it until Sup Forums wouldn't shut up about it. Then on a rewatch I realized yeahhh the Pumyra arc really does drag.
I mean I still defend her characterization. Its inconsistency is absolutely what you should expect of a crummy undead double-agent. The problem is they all felt like suddenly they stopped being on a journey together and started being on one separately. Why did the kids just run off to Tookit's place again? Why did they spend an episode with Cheetara and Panthro discussing hunting?

Still, beats most everything else on tv, then and now. The setting felt like it had so damn much going on. Maybe after Samurai Jack comes back and they allow blood again, we can get this back. Because fuck, you can't have a bunch of fruit-eating catpeople with swords that never draw blood. The fights were so great, but.. empty and meaningless without any consequences.

>he tries to justify
Spotted the pedo.

Before this one happened, there were rumors of one that would air on Kids WB. They would be musicians led by a psychic, three-eyed Snarf.

Damn.

The guy he's talking to is a fucking tool, but the way to deal with fucking tools is most certainly not by publicly proving that you're capable of being an even bigger tool.

I did not know that about Felicia. Seems like an unlikely thing to happen, but Japan loves their nutty nonsense nuns.
Anyway if you've ever owned an unspayed female cat you really shouldn't need to ask that question.

>too furry for Sup Forums
Uh...

I remember following that artist on deviantart. I liked some things about his designs. it's also clear they were involved in some way in the new show. but just like the early 2000s WB TMNT pitch, it's a damn good thing they went in a different direction. WB was fucking weird back then

let's face it though
we've all done that
for a long time thundercats threads got reliably deleted. this was before the current "any show they don't like gets deleted" age, and it was presumed to be a misapplication of the furry rule

Pumyra arc is where things get really shitty, but there was a lot of things wrong with the rest of the show. Mostly the absolutely terrible handling of Liono as a character. Its like the writing team had a huge hate boner for him and made every attempt at making him look an incompetent idiot when he is supposed to be the leader.

>Thundercats still too furry for Sup Forums?

It's few clicks with paintbucket tool away from anime catgirls levels of Furry.

They actually discussed this on their production blog. They were told they had 5 seconds budgeted for a theme song, that was it. That's what you get nowadays. Gotta make room for more useless commercials for the channel you're already watching. Or even better, your cable provider clumsily pasting other ads over the ads, because someone bought that ad space, meaning whoever bought the original adspace is getting fucked

the love triangle was fine at first, they just handled it so badly after that
this so hard. forever.
people forget how young lion-o is just because he looks roughly the same as tygra and cheetara. They forget how massive Claudus is. That's an adult male of his race.
It explains a lot about Lion-o's general attitude and treatment too. Reminds me of me when I was a six-foot 12-year-old with a moustache.

Everything would make more sense if Lion-o was younger. Makes distrust in his leadership justified, relationship with Wilykit not creepy, and seniority/rift with Tigra more noticable.

Less than that even, they just have pointed ears.
Well the kittens have cat ears but they're weirdly integrated with their hair. Actually a lot of stuff in this show is very Twilight Princess in the way that ostensibly natural organic beings look totally engineered. Then we find out their backstory on Mumm-ra's ship and somehow it all makes sense. The animal races have been bred into slaves, to varying degrees of human-ness

>we've all done that
Not online I haven't, where every mistake you make will be eternally preserved in one way or another.

Would have justified that and would have given them an excuse to do a timeskip where he is older, and more experienced.

It's funny, to me it came off as intentional. They were trying to make him a victim, a martyr, it felt like they liked him and hated Tygra and that's why they wrote him as such an asshole.
Exactly.
I mean, I've done it online, a lot, but wayyy prior to the 'everything's screencapped and posted on social media for millions of people to see' day. the sites i posted shit like that on aren't around anymore, most of them haven't been online for years.

see, they did though. he's a lot closer to the kittens' age than the others. kind of a clever reimagining of the original series where he was in a bizarre stasis accident that somehow aged his body without killing him, and quickly just forgot his mind was still young. here they just made him a member of the second largest race after the panthers, so he could be a young teen but still look grown up.

Want me to post the rest?

It's a legit-ass thing to post in this thread I reckon. Go ahead. Post good fanart too. Whatever celebrates the show, yknow?

It's what happens when someone who isn't used to the internet goes on the internet. He was probably treating it as a real life argument where everyone would just forget about it and he could embellish his actions later, but the internet records everything word for word and never forgets.

If there's two great things in this show, it's the redesigned villains (who felt scarily competent) and the sidecharacter designs. Just look at this shit

Anyone have that picture done after the show was over, by that artist that worked on it, of Wilykit in a yukata?

There it am. Thanks a bunch, couldn't find that for shit.
>kemono
now that's a pun everyone can enjoy.
Anyone know what's with the bags? is that a thing you have in japan sometimes? little.. bags on strings?
I know they used to have these little wooden baskets cinched shut with cords, that you could wind through a belt, because they didn't have pockets (weird since hakama look like they do), and that those evolved into fun little trick things with secret compartments for little charms, often balls with little carved gods and monsters inside, and that that almost certainly was the origin of pokemon

I was hoping there was a larger version.

>>loli ass on an official character sheet
This show was too good for our sinful earth.

Look I love me a kitten as much as the next guy, but that's showing less than a swimsuit does. Not really a big deal, just showing how the tail fits and what's under the skirt so the artist doesn't get it wrong.
Honestly the 'we found random clothes that fit young thunderians in a random abandoned carriage' thing was unnecessary, I liked their original outfits better. Though the pouches at least make sense thematically as they're always pulling out tricks and smokebombs and shiz, or stealing things. Sometimes a loose tunic is sexier than a one-sleeved t-shirt and a petal skirt over a panty

They surely exist, but probably not online. Just on one guy's computer
Maybe we'll get fabulously lucky and get an artbook later. I mean, more obscure artbooks have come out

I'm just saying, that the creators felt getting her tush juuuuuust right was important enough to warrant it's inclusion on the model sheet bears some significance.

Pantsu is serious business.

But the tail is a big deal, it would need to be clarified even if Nips weren't pedos,

Well it's more like if you fuck it up people start complaining. we're in the era of pausing and screencapping now. This isn't like Hey Arnold where you could give a bunch of characters Homestaresque anatomy where legs just pop out of the bottom of long shirts, and you get a bunch of frames where the korean animators clearly just threw up their hands and did whatever looked right, knowing that a flash of white panty would get them banned from animating for america, but maybe flesh tone would be okay

well then. there you go

not like she needs or should have that part anyway. skirt is more than enough

Concept Wily stuff.

Especially considering that there is coming a highly anticipated comic book crossover with MOTU in less than two months.

>its that nigga reposting HIS fanfiction again.
>its that nigga tgat thinks that removing interaction and any conflict between the characters makes them good, instead of uninteresting and generic.
>its that nigga that disguise his lust for loli catgirl as "good writting".

You are a fucking faggot mate, and post your shit fanfiction on every thundercat thread.

Pretty certain she has spats under the skirt.

Do you know the title?

>too furry
>for Sup Forums
>too
>furry

Is this nigga serious?....

There was a time when it was.

Too bad it never really got off the ground like Voltron did, because the character designs are great.

What a fag. Pumyra is hot.

It mostly never got off the ground because they booted all the good writers after the first episode.

Along with the hiatus.

Oh yeah those did fuck up my ability to watch the new episodes because I never knew when the new ones were going to air. But my intersest was on the wan because the writing was on par with the worst of Korra.

Wait. Doesn't she have ears at all?

Missed opportunity: The series

Her ponytail is her ears.

Their ears are in their hair, I guess...?

HE-MAN/THUNDERCATS #1

Art and Cover Art: Freddie Williams II

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe team up with the ThunderCats-the epic crossover event you’ve waited thirty years to see! In his ever-living desire to destroy the mighty ThunderCats, Mumm-Ra quests for a weapon that can rival the legendary Sword of Omens: He-Man’s Sword of Power! But his dimension-spanning scheme kick starts a cataclysmic crisis that will embroil heroes and villains-Masters, Mutants and ThunderCats-in a mind-blowing six-part saga!

In Shops: Oct 05, 2016

youtu.be/d0jddQKRr-o

I actually liked it also he only did that probably cause Liono was cucked from every other girl thanks to the writers also the existing "conflict" in the show is nothing to write home about and was always generic even in the old one

I like this guy

it's so weird to call that 'spats' when spats already means something else. cmon japan. though when they called it 'bloomers' that didn't bother me, since at least that's the right area of the body

well if you're talking about bike shorts then that's different, there's no legs on what wilykit has. she's got buruma under her skirt, as you can see in the control art.

it's tight fitting "bike shorts," made of lycra /spandex material, not poofy cotton bloomers, it maybe a brand name...

>poofy cotton
what japan calls bloomers are the legless bottoms (i don't know the material, but i assume lycra-ish?) worn as gym shorts for girls. I'm not sure what they're made of or feel like..

well now I need to see Wilykit in a gym uniform

Source?

Were you expecting otherwise?

thank christ they changed it

When was this?
Been a regular here for 11 years.

CUTE

Where was this photo posted, and how is the artist allowed to do that?Wouldn't the company forbid it on the grounds of tarnishnig their kids cartoon/family friendly image? Moar?

there were like six totally different versions of those. you can see them on dan norton's deviantart.
there was this one septet-or-so of beta wilykit outfits that someone commissioned me to draw the current wilykit in, but slightly older. really interesting designs. norton loves pouches.

when the show was over, it became banned on Sup Forums. it never really ended, it's still likely any thread with too much art and activity will get deleted and anyone posting images can get banned. i successfully appealed the last time that happened.

nobody else is as droolingly obsessed with propriety as you think. especially not in japan. it's one thing if they published this in an artbook or something

Because of general pissing and moaning. Had nothing to do with being furry.

well no, because the pissing and moaning threads are allowed
it's the ones where people are happy and posting/drawing art that get pruned

Well to be fair two years ago we got a new mod, and he was know to be a bit of a douche. He would basically delete any threads he didn't like, regardless if they broke any Sup Forums rules. He got really bad once Moot officially left. Hasn't been as bad the past 6 months or so. So either he left, or finally pulled the stick out of his ass.

They're quite nice

and thank YOU for the money.
I actually feel bad looking back at most of the art I've done of her and how I seem to fuck up the faces

>still too furry for Sup Forums?
How long have you been gone?

didn't commish it Still