Just realised this has been released on DVD like five months ago. Is this a good movie?

Just realised this has been released on DVD like five months ago. Is this a good movie?

dude faith lmao

>jay cocks

yes

It's great.

it's shit.

It gets really boring in the middle but it recovers to be ok overall. It's definitely memorable.

But I seriously think this is a "Millennial who grew up in a no religious society (and women)" will never understand movie.

no

Kino of the highest order

This. It's even better once you realise that the sole reason this movie didn't do better is because the current constant demonisation of Christianity by the postmodernist elite. So meta, so kino.

Good acting and cinematography.
The subject matter comes down to personal preference.

Should have been 45 minutes shorter. Story drags a bit and I ended up falling asleep

10/10. A masterpiece. Up there with Scorsese's best, but you may not like it if you aren't catholic or at least christian.

the catholic church is as bad as the kikes, based Inquisitor Inoue laying the smack down on them

>two Star Wars actors, one of whom had just popped his Star Wars cherry on the big screen

This flick is the type of "serious" thing that actors do immediately after they star in the Star Wars movie, or capeshit, or whatever the Big Dumb Popular movie is, in order to virtue-signal to themselves and others "See! I'm a serious actor! I have range! Look at me in costume drama!" They hope to cleanse their palate (heh).

Nope, bitch. You will always be Kylo Ren. Deal with it. To his credit though, Driver does look the part of an ugly young novice, he'd be right at home in an El Greco.

Another example of what I'm talking about: immediately after Ghostbusters' release, Bill Murray starred in The Razor's Edge, his first drama. Actually part of why Murray agreed to do Ghostbusters was contingent on him trying something new with this dramatic role, which is all-but-forgotten.

it had potential but ultimately its not memorable at all. andrew garfield was TERRIBLE. the ending was quite poor as well. I wouldn't recommend it, and I'm a huge scorcese fan.

>You will always be Kylo Ren.
*the guy from Girls

it will probably be one of the last religious films Hollywood ever makes so enjoy it

Is this another one for the /stuff women will never understand/ bin?

Pure kino.

>good acting
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

It was OK, I found it really dragged and there were too many issues that took me out of being completely immersed in what would otherwise be something quite mesmerising.

Firstly the fake Portugese accents should've been done away with.

Secondly Andrew Garfield's narration should have been completely tossed out the window; the film is called "Silence", I don't need Garfield to narrate that he can't hear God talking to him, it would be very clear if Scorcese left the movie silent for the scenes of trouble so that we could feel the isolation and infer that Garfield's character is questioning his faith.

Scorcese seemed stuck between making a minimalist epic and a Martin Scorcese film.