Do you guys like Carl Danvers?

Do you guys like Carl Danvers?

In an Abstract sense, sure.
As a professional artist, no.

Yes, he's very hot.

>Carl

Heh. Because she's drawn like a man a lot lately.

Do I like her? Sometimes. Mostly before Marvel gave her such a big push, but she's still had her moments since then.

DeConnick's run was garbage and I'm still not sold on her being Captain Marvel. It feels kinda off to me. Not just because the traditionally feminine and very glamorous Carol seems to be losing a great deal of her femininity. That's a problem lots of female protagonists end up with.

My problem with her being Captain Marvel is that it makes her feel way more derivative of Mar-Vell than before. I mean, she's wearing his colors and his symbol again when Carol's had a distinctive color scheme and symbol that's belonged to her alone for decades. The new design even deemphasizes her sash. And that's one of her most iconic design elements. It really feels like she's wearing her dead boyfriend's clothes now. I was amazed at how much better the new suit looks on her in black. It'd be better if the sash were red and the accents were gold, but it's still way better.

Then there's the name. This is probably just me, but I like the name Ms. Marvel much more than Captain Marvel. It's alliterative and never felt all that derivative to me. It also sidesteps the whole "Isn't she a major though?" thing.

I liked her as a supporting character in 80s X-Men comics

not so much in any other context, though

can you ad a penis to carol in that pic?

Why is her original series and her Reed run the only times she's been able to hold down a title for any length? KSD's run was artificially kept alive despite selling worse than a lot of titles that got canceled, and the new run is tanking fast.

Did Captain Turbodyke already changed his name?

I like ambiguous moral compasses on a character. I like seeing them struggle which way to go. Broken things are more fun to play with.

writers...

When is someone gonna story time Powerman and Iron Fist #7? Has it already been?

Her current run is literally the only time I've ever been interested in her.
I like her a lot more in concept than as how she's actually been written. There's a lot of potential in the idea of an angry, violent fuckup soldier who desperately wants to be a heroic, responsible leader, but it hasn't been touched on anywhere near as much as it deserves.

This. If Marvel is running out of competent villains that they havr to have their heroes go at each other again, turn one of them as an adversary for all.

That artist can't into perspective, or that character is fatt.

He seems like he'd be a good father, if he wasn't so busy all the time.

>Nazi kills interracial couple.jpg

Why is he beating up Marvel's BrOTP?

Because they are men. Marvel hates them.

love her

honestly glad she is not always portrayed as beautiful, i like comics where people are allowed to have ugly faces or pull ugly emotional expressions

that said i think the haircuts dumb as hell

love the new costume though

Nope.

I wish the idea of heroes with mental disorders like PTSD was explored more. I feel like it's a wasted concept especially with characters like Danvers, Summers, Stark and the New X-Men.

I mean, those characters, the New X-Men and Pre-Synergy Stark especially bleed things like survivor's guilt and PTSD. Which is to be expected, all things considered. I mean one of the greatest pleasures of reading old Iron Man is watching Tony slowly overcome his mental problems and become a better man because of them. Tbqh if I was able, I would probably write a New X-Men book focusing on how the kids dealt with their problems as they desperately tried to be or remembered why that wanted to be heroes.

I dunno what it is, but I always like reading heroes who have psychological issues, Not the so overt or idiotically written like O5!Angel's rage problems. I mean the ones were there is a build up to the problem being openly expressed and or when it's mostly subtext or an underlying issue.

I'm genuinely shocked that they made her the bad guy of their newest big dumb event.