DCEU

Is it unsalvagable?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/markhughesfilms/status/768814901364011008
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No.

It's DOA

As a money-making vehicle? No, it's doing well enough.

As a source of good superhero movies? It's dead.

Only way they could salvage it is if after Justice League (we know it's gonna suck) they claim that the JL we're watching aren't the real ones. The real JL arrive or have been watching from some other dimension.

Seriously if they wanted to reboot this to be right all they have to do is some multi-dimensional fuckery and instant reboot. But I know that will be too confusing for the mainstream audience.

If DC puts out a genuinely good movie, people will enjoy it. It's not like if they made a good movie it would be tarnished by belonging to the universe of lesser movies. Outside of some company wars bs here on the internet, not many people are concerned about the overall quality of a "cinematic universe".

If WB just hires talented people to make a good movie, then lets said talented people do their thing, they can probably be successful.

Who knows if that will happen though.

It really is no different from the MCU in the end, huh.

Nothing is getting rebooted so fuck off and take you "not muh" bullshit with you.

If WB just hires talented people to make a good movie, then lets said talented people do their thing, they can probably be successful.

That's the thing they do have talented people bt let execs chop their shit up because they are scared of focus groups or whatever.

>it's doing well
2 underperformances and a flop isn't doing well. WB just can't afford to attempt a reboot this soon and the capeshit bubble will pop soon so they're trying to cash in. If they've pulled any profit at all, which they probably haven't, it's been meager.

Mark my words, by the end it will have a 6/10 passable movie.
DCfags will praise it too much and people will answer "not so fast, it wasn't THAT good, it was just ok."
This is a 100% accurate prediction of the future because I'm a prophet and a genius.

yeah, there's at least a 55% chance that the Batfleck movie will be decent.

I hate what snyder did to supes hair
I hate how since bvs it looks wet as shit
MOS has as great but that whole wet gel look he's giving him sucks
on the other hand it might work for Captain Shazam

Only if you make it into the crime syndicate.
That would be a cool twist actually

Yes.
Bury it.
Its dead.
Consider it mercy.

If they keep insisting on goyer/snyder, yeah.

What "flop" would that be exactly? Oh please say Suicide Squad. So we can see how truly delusional you faggots rally are, how fucking divorced from reality your DCEU makes you.Bring out those meme accountants!

leave it to WW

As cool as Jason Todd being the joker, as it dumb as fuck but autistic neckbeards who wish it to be true because "not muh"

Fire Zack Snyder and soft reboot.

Keep some of the actors if you want but be willing to replace others. Throw the tone and visual style out the window but don't do the origins all over again.

Why did you make multiples of this thread, Disnigger?

Sage

If you think Civil War was a better movie than Batman v Superman, then you really are a fucking retard

not really trips-dubs.
just reboot the whole thing, but do it right this time. george miller the right idea the first time

>visual style

Yeah no. I like the visual style. I also like the fact that IT HAS A VISUAL STYLE. Unlike say for example the MCU. ( Minus GOTG) Unless you like the "network TV show with a budget" look

Theatrical versions? Civil War is easily a far better film.

>nless you like the "network TV show with a budget" look
Nice meme bro.

Truth is a meme i guess. GOTG is the ONLY MCU film with any sort of style to it. The rest look like generic shows with decent budgets. The costumes aren't even that good most of the time.

Give the WB Flash a 200 million dollar budget but the same shitty costumes, cinematography , etc. It would be much the same.

>Civil War understands the finale of the film should focus on the actual characters in the conflict

>BvS gives us a useless Doomsday fight so Snyder can cram more Arthurian symbolism into the last act.

At least attempt to have an original thought instead of just repeating whatever Sup Forums tells you.

wasted trips
Civil War ends with an unresolved conflict, whereas BvS has the heroes put aside their differences to stop Lex's death monster, then has Batman make plans with WW in case of future conflicts
but keep on with the "le 27%, everyone says it's bad" meme

I was the one who first brought up that they looked like Big Budget tv shows, not to mention Joss Whedon and the Russo's TV background. Try again.

>Civil War ends with an unresolved conflict,
Right when WB does it, it's building an arc, but no one else is capable of that. Yeah, no, you're totally "objective".

see, this is why arguing on Sup Forums is useless. Because people ignore what they don't already want to agree with
Civil War ends with Captain America beating up Iron Man, now they hate each other, the rest of the avengers are still in superjail.
The story of BvS was finished. The villain was defeated, Superman was dead, and Batman is now preparing for any future conflict. That future conflict does not make the story of the movie incomplete, it simply leaves the possibility of a sequel

>I'm going to ignore Favreau, Johnston, Leterrier. Brannagh, Black, Wright, and Reed in order to prove my point. BRAVO WHEDON LOL

At least you remembered Gunn. That's...something, i guess.

>The villain was defeated, Superman was dead, and Batman is now preparing for any future conflict

>The villain was defeated,
Zemo is in jail.
> Superman was dead,
The Avengers are split
>Batman is now preparing for any future conflict.
Secret Avengers.

You're literally just going "it's only acceptable when my team does it". And absolutely the conflict wasn't resolved in BvS. The movie keeps going "must there be a Superman" and thinks that having him clean up a problem that only exists because of him (on multiple levels) is an answer to that. It poses the question of "what happens if he goes rogue" and then throws it out the window because "he's humanized!", thinking that after 2 movies of "humans suck" we're going to think that's a good thing.

Snyder sucks at denoument but let's ignore it because otherwise we might turn into reddit!

I love the DC Films stuff. It's got everyone with a clear agenda pointing at random shit to try and fit their narrative.

>Ike Barnholtz - the supporting actor with a bit part as prison guard Griggs - said last year the cost of Suicide Squad is $250mil! This published $175mil budget that Warner Bros. put out is completely bullshit! Suicide Squad needs $1bil to break even!

Fight in pic has been going on for an hour.

twitter.com/markhughesfilms/status/768814901364011008

Meanwhile Suicide Squad is going to cross $300mil domestic and late $600mil worldwide, which will be at or above the worldwide total of GotG if you take out China and will have about equal or potentially over the legs of CW.

I'd like to see how well Suicide Squad would have done without Batman and the Joker in it.

>Mark Millar being snarky over someone else making dark edgy shit.
This faggot's hypocrisy never gets old.

>That's the thing they do have talented people
Who? Snyder is definitely not one, and neither is Goyer.

It's "Harley Quinn and Her Friends." The movie would have done fine (and is doing fine) regardless. Expect to see a bunch more Harleys this October.

No, but you mum's pussy is.

Except you don't actually get the entire revenue of overseas theaters.

And the difference is that Guardians of the Galaxy being a somewhat success but receiving a ton of positive praise in the trail of a bunch of box office smashes is a lot different than Suicide Squad potentially only making a slight profit with negative feedback after releasing Man of Steel and BvS who were really poorly received and were nowhere near the profits of Marvel.

Wow, someone else who has my same thought.

>Suit gets better (even if I can barely tell because of the movie's lighting)
>Hair gets worse

That blue in BvS is one of the worst things in recent comic book movies. It looks like shiny plastic, and everything just fucking blends in because they're afraid to put any color near his crotch because
MUH UNDERWEAR
the CW Superman suit looks much better.

Civil War is a compent movie that does justice to its characters while BvS fails on basic storytelling.

You are literally a teenage Edgelord if you like BvS.

Justice Lords is better fitting imo

Fucking retard detected.

Your the same delusional faggot that lurks these threads. None of the DCEU flopped, BUT THEYRE NOT MAKING GOOD MONEY IN WBs OPINION. Making just above budget isnt good business in this industry. BvS should have printed fucking money, yet it had a 60 percent drop the following weekend and got mixed reactions. Thats a big issue. Suicide Squad did okay since it had zero competition in August. The fact is WB is trying to rework everything in house and are still pinning for that big hit. Im hoping they can turn things around but evidence thus far shows WB is self-sabotaging unfortunately.

*You're
FTFY

I'm not the same guy, don't worry.

Thanks, I fucking hate it when I mistype that shit

Only hope I see is in Affleck's Batman movie, Wonder Woman, or Shazam. Wan's not a great director, he really only makes just ok horror movies, so I doubt Aquaman will be that amazing

And Snyder is directing Justice League, so we all know how that's going to turn out

Wonder Woman isnt looking good in my opinion. Ares hasnt even been confirmed and a lot of the mythical aspects seemed toned down, not to mention Im not really getting the compassion side of WW from the trailer. Also its release slot is a nightmare since Pirates, Bad Boys 3, Cars 3, and Kingsman 2 are all slated to release around the same time

>not to mention Im not really getting the compassion side of WW from the trailer
Why are you expecting that at all?

Thats actually a valid point. Fuck they're just going to do the warrior shit arent they?

It's making money so it doesn't need saving.

>I'm retarded for not praising a movie that tries to tie up all its many side plots with "the villian did it!"

Ok

I like it so I could careless.

You're talking about a character with a costume that's the color it is because it was dyed by the blood of her enemies over centuries.

The absolute best you can hope for from Wonder Woman is a generic "badass action girl" movie.

I already kind of hate this Wonder Woman now

I'm gonna tell you exactly what happened. About two weeks before BvS came out WB put out a press release saying "Our movie is probably too smart for plebs".

Then all the idiots went "I'M NOT A PLEB. DCEU FOR LIFE. IT'S TOO SMART FOR EVERYONE. EXCEPT ME. I'M SMART."

That's why literally every person defending the DCEU eventually goes "You just didn't understand it. I'm smart so I understood it, but you didn't. The only reason anyone might dislike this is if they're not smart. Like me"

They're playing directly into WB's designs by parading around naked going "Look at how fancy my new clothes are!"

the conflict between the heroes is resolved in BvS
the conflict between the heroes is unresolved in Civil War
but BvS is still worse somehow

Dawn of Justice was a huge embarrassment. Just like the 2005 Fantastic Four film it had a strong opening but embarrassing drop in sales and highly negative feedback. Suicide Squad is having similar issues but the reviews are not as harsh however the film still suffered a hard dip.

The question is more of can they deal with the damage control.
Age of Ultron was badly reviewed and begged questions of what the future of MCU would look like. A month later Ant-man came out and put those fears to rest followed by Captain America 3. If Dr.Strange holds out at being a true new element to the MCU and is received well that keeps the Marvel money boat going quality be damned.

However DCEU is suffering from one bad screw up and a so/so film that is likely getting harder hits because of the first bad hit. It puts a lot of the hopes of Justice League's sales on how good or bad Wonder Woman dose. If WW is as much a embarrassment as BvS then JL will get awful sales and depending on how much they cut back on budget that could make this just a big money sucking pit losing any real profits.

That's what people both here and irl don't see. Yes these films are making money now but they are on names (Batman, Superman, Joker, Harley etc) which have gotten weaker as time goes on.

I really want DCEU to work but I doubt it can thanks to Zack having his hands in everything, hell his name alone might keep people away from JL, and the fact they just keep him on it begs more questions.

>skwad
>reviews not as harsh

nigger what. The media was fucking blitzed with people insisting that Suicide Squad was worse than watching somebody murder your dog and calling it a hate crime.

Yet even then it's been the #1 movie in the fucking country for three weeks straight. No matter how you spin it it was a success.

in both films the issue presented shouldn't be resolved in a single film.

If Justice League is a legimately well-written, well-paced film, DC will be fine.

Most likely, it won't be.

No GL
Aquaman is something different entirely
The Flash is just... weird
Needs more waifus

Poor resolution is worse than no resolution.

Mediocre success with no competition, but yeah a small one for WB. Doesnt deserve a lot of the shit its getting from critics but blame that on DCEU fatigue

WB could literally slap a DC logo on Citizen Kane and it'd be called the worst movie ever made.

Disney made the Iron Man movies, Thor movies, AND Age of Ultron and got called the greatest filmmakers to ever live for it.

>mediocre success

so Guardians was a failure?

>Needs more waifus

nigga wut

I'm a huge DCfag, and even I can tell you that CW blew BvS out of the fucking water.

CW:
>cap and tony have 3-4 lengthy conversations about their respective positions that thoroughly explore their ideological conflict
>cap attempts to fully explain the situation before resorting to blows
>movie ends with both characters respecting the other's viewpoint & clearly explains why
>villain's plot is convoluted, but motivation clearly explained
>even most side characters have their motivations explored briefly

BvS:
>the only real ideological argument is an oblique conversation between our heroes' respective cover identities
>neither hero engages with Lex in a meaningful fashion
>Superman doesn't say the one sentence of "he has my mom" before the fight starts
>we learn virtually nothing about WW
>movie ends with us still not understanding why the fuck Lex did anything, beyond vague childhood abuse

100% meme (kino) from now on until reboot.

No one called the Thor movies fantastic user, lets not kid ourselves.
Dont know, need to check the numbers on that one. Audience reception seemed fine IIRC but again Im not sure what it made or the budget.
Also the hyped up fight had next to no weight to it. Basically throwing each other around and ending on a wet fart.

Civil War 8/10

BvS 5/10

But you can disagree.

this post gets it
not saying Disney buys reviews but it's suspicious how their objectively shit superhero flicks like Age of Ultron get consistently good reviews while every DC movie gets bad reviews

Stop this 'everyone hate DC' meme please. It's embarrassing.

When you cast this, to play Wonder Woman...

DCEU need a full reboot
New actors, producers and directors

Id rather watch AoU again than BvS. That says a lot about the DCEU right now.

55%?
I'm happy

>objectively

Subjectively.

>Is it unsalvagable
If you're asking "Could the right people and ideas make future DCEU movies successful" the answer is yes. Nothing about the properties being used prevents a good movie from being made and movies (even those in a larger "universe" operate as individual entities so the negative features of previous films aren't too big of an issue.

If you're asking "will DC execs get themselves together and manage the movies properly, hiring the right people to make good movies" the answer is no. They chose Snyder and Goyer to helm a Superman franchsie. Their response to BvS under-performing was to freak the fuck out and spend extra money to butcher Suicide Squad. They've got no idea what the fuck they're doing and they'll never admit it because they like their ludicrous paychecks.

Its no win either way. People are already getting reboot fatigue from X Men and Spider Man, not to mention it would be a shame to lose Ben and Henry.

I believe in Affleck as a director.

His batman will be the highest rate DCEU.

BvS was a flop. Only pulling around $800 mil+ worldwide on a $250 mil+ budget not including the massive marketing costs for the movie which came close to the prod budget. The movie was basically a $400 million dollar ad campaign for the Justice League movie, which will probably flop also.

Agreed 100% about the fight. I don't even read Marvel, but the airport fight scene was so much more enjoyable than anything in BvS, and I say this as someone who thought that the MoS fights were far better than anything similar in the MCU.

Have you ever read that script? Maxwell Lord was going to be played by Jay Baruchel and he'd talk with photos of dead babies. Barry Allen would be dead and there's so much retardation there it's baffling.

Jay motherfucking Baruchel!

I think the final fight at the snow base would be a better argument. There Steve and Tony were ragged, both their views were expressed during the fight, and their conflicted wasnt resolved immediately. Im mean sure Tony can call on Cap, but theres a distance between the characters now.

>BUT THEYRE NOT MAKING GOOD MONEY IN WBs OPINION

Sure bro, that's why they keep ADDING new movies to the projected DCEu, because they are unhappy with the money. jesus christ

You are fucking retard.

What does Sup Forums think of Batman's mom?

All of Miller's movies are better than Zack's best. Thus , I'm inclined to pick his Justice League over a board-driven New 52 movie.

And you list off Barry being dead like it's a BAD thing?

The best scene of BvS was between Superman and Lex.
Superman tried to reason with Batman, but after being attacked attempted to put him down so that they could talk without Batman sperging out of control.
Wonder Woman lost faith in humanity, was going to flee scared of Batman and came back to help because it was time enough she came back to help humanity.
Lex did what he did because he despised Superman for the same reasons he despised his father: he thought Superman was a fraud trying to fool the world with his good Samaritan act. And because he wanted to show himself as better.

Also, complaining about Martha when the whole Bucky murdering the Starks in a VCR was just as contrived is picking favorites.

Resident Evil is dogshit yet those keep getting cranked out. Just stop talking dumbass

>Solid Batman/Bruce Wayne
>Good director with a great rack recorded meaning Critics will love it no matter what.
>He's taking his time because he holds a Batman movie in the highest of standards.
>Learning what to do and not to do from the other DC movies
More like 90%.

MARTHA

That scene was garbage, sorry user. Supes barely even talked to Lex.

Lex the supergenius deciding to unleash an uncontrollable, world-ending Kryptonian mutant for some unfathomable reason was far, far more contrived than establishing that Tony Stark's dead parents, who happened to be foes to Hydra, had in fact been killed by a previously established assassin in Hydra's employ.

Lex never cared about other people in the comics and he doesn't care about it in the movie. He created Doomsday thinking he'd be able to control and because he one of his creations to do the did against Superman. He had no faith that Batman would pull it off.

I've no problem with Hydra killing the Starks and making it look like an accident, but them sending Bucky, when they had other Winter Soldiers, and him being video-taped during the assassination was certainly pushing it. The fact that Cap kept his mouth shut about it and the video was acquired by the villain and played just in the right moment for the big between the heroes to happen was just a tad too much.