Let's make sure he won't be forgotten again. Time for an Oswald thread!

Let's make sure he won't be forgotten again. Time for an Oswald thread!

Wow, you fags really don't remember, do you?

Bump

Who?

>mfw I actually liked epic mickey
I think the concept art released hyped it to be something it wasnt

Am I a hipster for liking him more than Mickey?
>Was at Disney World a few months back
>Bought a plush of him
>Had this hat as well but chose not to buy it because of Grumpy being on it instead of someone like Goofy

The old Oswald shorts were awesome, Disney needs to stop not doing anything with him.

>made an Oswald sketch in my notebook
>showed it to my friends
>"that's mickey mouse, right?"
sigh

Yes

Seems like you never really saw his cartoons

Think it's more because Mickey Mouse just became almost like, too pure, or almost plastic in a way that he could never really do anything like he used to do outside of those really good shorts that came out not too long ago. I live in Florida and go to Disney at least once a year, so I've seen that side of him a plethora of times.

Yeah, but we have to like Oswald more just because he never had to became what Mickey did by he fact of being dead?

>tfw we will never get the original idea of grimdark epic mickey

I never said you personally couldn't like him, and there isn't really any reason to not like him, he's still a good character and has one of the best simple designs of probably any cartoon character, but nowadays, it's hard to tell where his personality begins and ends, and he comes off more as a corporate figure than an actual character a lot of times, if that makes sense. I have nothing against Mickey, I just like Oswald a lot, if that makes me come off as any less bias.

Sad that since Epic Mickey 2 flopped they almost completely abandoned him when they were talking about bringing him back into the spotlight to sit alongside his 'brother' beforehand.

>Oswald in the new Mickey shorts
>Acts as the grumpy adoptive older brother that has to crash on Mickey's house for some reason

Iirc the concept art was really used to see how far Disney would let Spector go with Epic Mickey

I heard more of the lost Oswald cartoons had been found in recent years (Poor Papa, Hungry Hobos, and Africa before Dark I think), did any of them ever get released to the public?

>Monsters made of old animatronic parts and Phantom Blot as the main enemy
>Bland villain that don't talk and is suppose to resemble Phantom Blot
>Pic related instead

This is now a Farmer Gray thread

I like him too, but honestly the first Epic Mickey was a huge factor in that. His character was perfect there, he works as a tragic character that still tries his best regardless.