Are they moving at the speed of one kilometer per day?

Are they moving at the speed of one kilometer per day?

Other urls found in this thread:

imagesvc.timeincapp.com/v3/fan/image?&url=https://winteriscoming.net/files/2015/10/Official-Map-A-Song-of-Ice-and-Fire.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=NFQCYpIHLNQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They're a metaphor for glaciers dummy.

Well they're White Walkers, not Black Runners.

they were sleeping 8000 years, they are still a bit slow and sleepy I guess

WE

they have time, they're in no rush to finish an HBO show

If they wait for all the humans to kill each other, they'll have less work to do.

I assume the wall is not just a physical barrier, but also a magical barrier, so they are waiting for something to happen before they can get past it.

shit nigga, you are woke

Slower than that. This is how far they've moved in seven years and it's not even in the right direction.

If they tied their swords to the bottom of their feet and started skating, would they be Blade Runners though?

They seem to be moving 2-3 mph, so 48-72 miles every day assuming they move 24hrs/day, and 336-504 miles a week.

The distance from the North Pole to London is 2,668 miles. That means the white walkers are something like 2,000 miles away from King's Landing at the very most. It should take them 3-6 weeks to get there, but only a week or two to reach the wall.

they're waiting for dany to use their dragons so they can kill/convert one and use it to tear down the wall

Are there retards who still haven't read the spoilers?

>The cripple Bran made it past the Wall and got to Winterfell a few days ago now
>WW still nowhere near the Wall

>Meanwhile Euron teleports behind you...

Bran will just reveal to White Walkers that their creators are dead.

Then they have no purpose anymore and they just stop fighting and hibernate for ever.

This is coherent with the writing of the show, equally bad.

Unlike everyone else, they have yet to master the art of teleportation.

Blade walkers user. You failed to follow the thread.

So why is Jon Snow panicking like a little bitch?

Because he know someone will fuck it up

They're waiting for George to finish the book.

>cripple psychic kid gets pulled on his sled by a girl all the way from the Wall to Winterfell
>Jon Snow travels all the way from Winterfell to Dragonstone
>Euron's fleet travels back and forth all across the coasts of Westeros several times over
>White Walkers still haven't gotten anywhere

Obviously they are figuring out a way to get past the Wall, that if you recall is loaded with some crazy magic to keep them from advancing further

There would be no point in reaching the Wall onyl to stand around with their dead army like morons until they figured something out, while being ocasionally showered by fire arrows from the Night's Watch

>nights watch traveling party reaches wildling encampments in single episodes
>undead army takes 8 seasons to reach the wall

B R A V F U C K I N G O

they can't get past the wall yet anons. something in the plot is probably going to happen this season that will allow them to do so.

Why doesn't Jon Snow just get everyone to pack up and evacuate to Essos?

because the sand walkers are over there.

They have the ice zombie giant, they can just ram through the wooden gate with him.

>mfw during the Long Summer an army of Sand Sneks comes to take over Essos

Yi Ti has stories about the Others, too. The Land of Always Winter is probably connected to the Grey Waste with some kind of land or ice bridge.

Because Euron stole all the ships.

The Wall has some weird magical protection, they can't get past it even if they break the gates. Hell, they might not even be able to get within like 5 meters of the Wall or something

>THEY CANT GET PAST DA WALL

Maybe they could clue us in by having a straggler white walker that is totally out of place walking up to it and disentegrating, or having the night king discover a passage under ice that leads to some crazy glowing runes that he dispels. So autists don't have to waste breath defending this shitty show. The rates as which people travel and accomplish goals doesn't make sense and ruins immersion.

So then why are they an issue at all?

no no you don't understand.
the image is too large for me to post here but see:

imagesvc.timeincapp.com/v3/fan/image?&url=https://winteriscoming.net/files/2015/10/Official-Map-A-Song-of-Ice-and-Fire.jpg

look on the map towards the far right. the grey waste is said to have ancient monsters that threatened the existence of the world. the five forts was built to keep watch and protect the world from those monsters. those forts are now abandoned so nothing is stopping the impending invasion of sand walkers.

>they might not even be able to get within like 5 meters of the Wall or something
Benjen had to drop Bran off way farther from the wall than that because they were getting close to the magical boundaries.

That sounds stupid but I believe you.

Blue skaters

According to the leak in one of the episodes Jon Snow gets a white walker to show to the lords how it can only be killed with dragon glass.

How did he get it across the wall? Eh? Eh?

>Maybe they could clue us in
What about that scene where Bran's half-zombie uncle tells Bran "I have to leave you hear, I can't get any close to wall because of magic?"

Because he doesn't know exactly when they'll get through. They have that whole creeping death zombie metaphor thing. Death approaches slowly, but surely.

I'm guessing they have to wait until the long Winter is in full swing. Maybe some kind of occultation or something will happen as well.

As a physical barrier the wall couldn't even stop the wildlings, it stands no chance against the white walkers, so it must have some kind of magical properties that repel the white walkers.

I am one of those retards, could you point me to the spoilers please?

There is a theory that says that the magical barrier is already broken thanks to Bran, because the same magical barrier that protects Wall protected the place where Bran learned the spirit walking. bran destroyed the wards around his place of learning by his presence, so it is possible that the same thing already happened with Wall, since bran was let in.
It would be a good explanation as a heavy price that has to be payed when someone with Seers abilities is let loose in the scheming world of men.

Other theory is Night king killing one of the dragons, reviving him and using his flame to tear down the wall.

Because not being able to cross it now doesn't mean they won't figure out a way around the magic barrier

It was explicitaly stated in the show that the Wall had some crazy magic to keep walkers away, do you need visual cues to understand everything, you nigger faggot?

>White Walker
Wasn't it a Wight though?

Put me in the screencap senpai

have you ever tried to move when you´re cold as fuck?

The spoilers are unconfirmed but this is likely
Or Jon Snow might just take it by boat or some shit. The Wall magic doens't have infinite range, and White Walkers don't have boat technology

These are accurate points but the viewer is still left suspended wondering what's taking them so long or if they're trying to discover a means to get through. We only ever see them marching and attacking. Try again.

>dense showfag doesn't know that White Walkers =/= Wights

Meanwhile you've got main characters teleporting all over the place. Show fucking sucks the more you pay attention to its lack of details.

I fucking hope not, white walkers are not the same as wights

>Those fucking squiggles
I'm dying user

Yea, the wall doesn't appear to stop wights from rising, as they rose from corpses inside Castle Black. All they have to do is take a corpse near or through the wall and wait.

Why do forest exist beyond the wall?

It should be too fucking cold for taigas to develop.

>The White Walkers are biding their time to see if the Sand Walkers intend to interrupt their long Winter from coming, because Summer might be coming as well
>Just so you fellas know, the Long Day might eclipse the Long Night and evil desert monsters will be at war with evil snow monsters

People watch this trash. I watch and read this trash.

>Bran the Builder built the Wall
>Bran the three eyed raven destroyed the wall magics
in b4 all Brans of House Stark are the same people.

Considering the show already stated that the Wall has some magic that keeps White Walkers from getting in-range, the natural assumption people will make is that WW are figuring out how to get around it. For a board that often complains how GoT spoonfeeds everything for normies, you sure are too retarded to draw natural conclusions

youtube.com/watch?v=NFQCYpIHLNQ

Why would they rush? Everybody in the South is busy killing each other.

>tfw a song of ice and fire is really about the white walkers vs the sand walkers

here's how the shit will go down. the white walkers will conquer all the humans on westeros and the series will abruptly end.

after this an entirely new series will start up in essos. its similar to the previous series but its building up to the sand walkers. the sand walkers take over all of essos shortly after the white walkers take over westeros.

then a new short series starts up where is the white walkers vs the black walkers fighting each other for a turf war. long day vs long night.

>taking the logistics on this show seriously

>dragonglass to kill a wight

Absolutely disgusting desu

Why do wildlings look like native americans if the first men were caucasoids?

>Little else is known about Mossovy, only that it is a cold dark land of shapechangers and demon hunters. It is unknown what lies beyond

I would like a spin off about demon hunters.

They don't. Their dress looks similar to Eskimos, but they don't resemble Native Americans at all.

it still instagibs the wights, doesn't it?

>white walkers vs black walkers

sounds like something DnD would dream up.

what the hell is happening in this gif

>We waz walkers n shit.

it's called a kip up

It has literally been shown in the show that dragonglass/obsidian is useless against Wights, Sam tried to kill one with a dragonglass dagger and it broke.

Although this season they seem to have retconned this, as Sam told Jon that dragonglass can kill Wights. Which is nonsense.

Fire kills Wights. Valyrian steel cuts through Wights like a hot knife through butter (but doesn't BTFO of Wights as it does White Walkers). Dragonglass is useless against Wights.

Valyrian steel and dragonglass are super effective against White Walkers, not sure of the effects of fire on them.

They're waiting for things to cool down.

They're waiting for winter.

That's what I always assumed. Winter is arriving but it hasn't reached the south yet.

a kip-up of such power that it causes assailants to fall back from the force

>haha the show totally sucks, look at me and how smart I am with my attention to details
>fails to remember the Wall is enchanted and WW can't cross it, so even if they did make it the Wall already they would be only be able to stare menacingly for a few seasons until they figured something out

The guy is getting pulled back by a whip if you look closely.

So then why have they done any attacks at all up to this point?

i think Euron wasn't there at Casterly rock, just half of his fleet. (or i remember badly. was he shown?)

That can't possibly be right

>everyone talking about killing "wights"
Good goyim kill the whites

Doesn't one of them go past the wall to attack Jeor Mormont in season 1?

kek, good one

Obviously to raise an army in preparation

Because they attack everything that they can reach, but they can only move inside winter.
The south is still too hot for them, but everything north of the Wall is now fair game.

Wights (or just "The Dead". Whatever you want to call them). They were the bodies of the Night's Watch guys killed at the very beginning I think

Not White Walkers

maybe the wights would decay too fast to be of any use to the others in above freezing tempratures,
If you ignore the zombie magic.

Sand walkers? what?

>85757615

we dune now

Maybe they'll pull off a mass effect and explain that the others are waiting for the perfect conditions to invade. Or some hack reason.

its a race war nigga. black walkz vs white walkers.

To much Jack and Daxter 3 you have there

He hasn't read the script.

but in all seriouesness that's how grrm setup essos.

He really doesn't spend much time on essos, but the way he describes the grey waste and the five forts shit, is similar to how someone living on the far side of the world would hear about the white walkers and the wall.

we know alot about westeros because the story is centered around it. thus this series is only part one of the 3 parts.

2nd part is the story about essos and the black walkers.

3rd part is whites vs blacks.

>the others
Oh silly user don't you mean the evil WHITE WALKERS(TM)? The others just sounds silly.