If you didn't know this was related to the Dark Tower, would you be able to tell just from this photo?

If you didn't know this was related to the Dark Tower, would you be able to tell just from this photo?

>Dark Tower
is that the dude's superhero name?

Yes, because it's labeled dark-tower.jpg

Could easily be another terrible Matrix sequel.

innocent kid with some kind of power being protected by a badass0153

It looks fucking awful.

That shit in the trailer where he throws the rounds in the air and he swoops them into his gun made me cringe hard.

Maybe, new york ish, he has revolvers and theres a kid but it's still a very slim chance I would. I imagined Jake to be younger looking, skinny. Also I think Rolands clothes were always described as very worn out not just dusty. Oh and NIGGER.

I wouldn't be able to tell by any photo what a book would look like as a movie without knowing the cast.

AYO WHERE OMAR AT

The gunslinger is white in the books

t. unimaginative retard. Valuable input.

>Marvel Comics
>circulation: 20,000
>Marvel movies
>average audiences: 150,000,000

Yeah I'm guessing these companies don't give a shit about their "core" fanbases.

This movie has nothing at all to do with Marvel, you goon.

You're a retard, you know that?

Way to completely miss his point you fucking moron.

Oh ok what was his point then. Because he literally only talked about Marvel comics numbers and movie numbers.

That people who read the books will be pretty much be the only only people who will even want to watch this movie and if it can't excite them it's got a very big chance of failing.

Divergent didn't learn this lesson and it cost them big time. See also - Ghost in the Shell for a very recent example.

That the size of the core fanbase isn't indicative of how many people will see the film you fucking mongoloid.

my favorite part. I love gun katas and shooting with heart it fits action movies more than kianu going full operator and shooting braindead retards that come at him one by one.

>reading books
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH
*inhales*
AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Last Blacktion Hero

boy is cute. too bad he's paired with ugly guy. not gonna watch. because guy is ugly.

Why are you looking to Marvel comics numbers instead of Stephen King book sales in this instance?

>Idris Elba
>ugly
This is an objectively false statement.

The first book was bloody awful as well. I struggled with it so much I just dropped the entire series after I finished it. Didn't see the point in continuing. Easily some of King's worst work.

Dark Tower is just a euphemism for BBC anyways

I literally never thought about this so fucked you

Probably because it doesn't matter and the point still stands.

you are a blind baboon. or a weak trollbait.

Because Marvel is the standard in Hollywood right now, stupid ass.

I would guess is a I'm legend remake where he takes care of his wife's son instead of a dog

you on the rag or something? take some Midol and go have a lie-down, cupcake

I do not live in a third world country, idiot. I'm on the chair, maggot.

Could be a candid photo of a migrant and his partner in the streets of germany.

underage faggot detected

triggeredbutthurt disgusting-old-man detected

t. american

>Dark Tower
>Black guy
>Dark penis

The jews are going full out with this one. Im surprised I didnt see any white women in the trailer.

>euphemism
>using big words on a board full of Amertards

What were you thinking?

imagine having nigger dick on the brain 24/7 like this fag

I only read the first book but I thought the boy died?

Global rule 2 applies here, sonny.

Then you need to read the 2nd book.

old people are ugly. and disgustingly smelly.

I'm suffering to finish the first book.

Is it really that good? Or teh first book is just thrash?

I might guess it. But Dark Tower isn't fucking capeshit where people have unmistakable costumes.

>unattractive main character
>good-looking boy dies

Two reasons to NOT watch the movie.

>I'm suffering to finish the first book.
>suffering

what does this user succotash?

Idris Elba is a good looking guy 2bh.

Steven King is a terrible writer

like poo poo and pee pee :D

The book is terrible. And some reivews online says that this is King's "magnus opus"

The first book is one of the best ones. It changes a lot as you go though

The Gunslinger is fucking awesome you pleb.

The fact that magnum opus generally just translates as 'longest' aside, it probably is the best thing he's written, which is to say it isn't saying much

This is gonna be the NeverEnding Story 2.0, why can't they just adapt the fucking books and stop making up their own shit?

The first book has a completely different writing style to the others.

It gets better almost right away in The Drawing of the Three. I'd advise you to read upto and including Wizard and Glass and then stop. It's downhill after that and the ending will make want to hunt down King and peel the skin off his entire body while he's still conscious. Or maybe that's just me.

One of the best ones? Really?

Then it is not for me. The book is terribly written, has a terrible pacing and is completely all over the place.

Maybe it is the version that i got, A PDF that i found online.

rowland come to new york what, just a few times? through eddie's portal in book two to fight the mob guys, toedash to see the rose, and in one of the final books to see the restored protection of the rose.

as most of the king stuff, the story is secondary- he draws fantastic characters, and once again the movie makers throw out characters because of non existent story.

pic related, this is what most of the dark tower movies should look like

He's NOT a good looking guy 2bqh. Fact.

The director seemed like he was a fan. That changes they've made are guided by and true to the characters, though they are intepretations of things in the books. That's what adaptions should do honestly.

It's like the way the Dracula movie made Dracula a suitor to Lucy and Mina, when this is a subtext in the book

>The book is terribly written, has a terrible pacing and is completely all over the place.
lol nice meme criticisms kid

Buzzwords. Describe what you don't like or stop talking. Put it down, go outside

>old people wearing diapers

When is he going to play Bond. We all know its going to happen.

>i can't refute truth so i'll try to altfake it and call the words buzzwords to make it seem they're not true

1.Gunslinger: Mostly great. A few slim parts 8/10
2.Drawing of the Three: Very good. Some annoying characters 9/10
3. Wastelands: Shit starts getting cool. 9/10
4. Wizard in Glass: Prequel story (mostly) very good 9/10
5. Wolves of the Calla: Starting to rust. 7/10
6 & 7. Fuck these books. Better if I had always wondered about the end.

King writes well enough. Always engaging and a page turner. His biggest flaws are bad endings and a tendency to be unclear about what a "cool" person is. I detect too much of his own personality in main characters too often.

If you can take King's flaws, then the Dark Tower books are worth reading up till book 6.

In the first book King admits himself he was trying too hard.

But that's ironically the best book. And I didn't even like it all that much.

Then King had a motorcycle accident and the books changed dramatically.

Then in the final book he wrote a preface that was basically "If you don't like this ending fuck you". Many people did not like the ending.

The series actually has better comics books.

Missed his window since Craig is getting a 5th movie.

the artwork for these adaptations (not that there will be another dark tower film) detta isn't in a wheelchair. i'm sure this film will suck cock sweat

>old fart jelly of lost youth

You didn't actually make any points. Your review was so vague as to be completely useless.

I ate up his early work (70s-mid80s) as a kid then stopped reading. but holy fuck I loved his shinning sequel. he finally had a great ending.

>the artwork for these adaptations
link?

the ending is fine, it makes good sense. I think people hated the crimson king and the IT monster thing in the cabin.

l really liked how he reunited everyone, too.

You should read Mr. Mercedes. The villain in that book is like a psycho Sup Forumstard from back in the day.

I simply won't watch this. I was even OK with a black Norse god because he's a fucking god, he might as well be purple, but the gunslinger is not fucking black in the books, it was actually part of the goddamn plot in the second book, fuck jews and fuck stephen kangz.

I'm pretty sure there was a white woman standing there when he was in the hospital.

I remember seeing it posted on aicn (yeah, I know, shoot me)

my mom still reads everything he does and recommends this book everytime we talk.
that is my mother.

>cannot come up with intelligent response to points made so will pretend points are vague and useless

Detta would hate Rowland even if black "uncle tom mahfucka!"

is your mother's name cathy bates?

And still you cannot provide any specific examples of the problems you had with the writing.
I accept your defeat.

The Dark Tower is what based Idris calls his BBC.

>terribly written

Give an example. Why do you think this

>terrible pacing

Is it too fast? Too slow? What bothers you about the pacing? What constitutes "bad pacing" and why? Pacing is really subjective so anyway so calling it "truth" is nonsense.

>all over the place

It follows a non linear structure. That can be jarring. But story telling is a theme and that's what makes the structure what it is. It's also a mesh of genres and appears to be a fantasy world with clear things from the real world.

So there could be a lot of shit making you say that. And liking or disliking them is also subjective. Hence, put it down and go the fuck outside

>still smokescreening
I accept your backpedalling.

It's a good base reading as to how many people might show up for the movie at least at first (if the word of mouth reviews are good-which they won't be, let's be honest). I think previous user is right. I'm on a xan at the bar so I could be talking nonsense.

First week of august is traditionally where studios dump the movies they have given up on, reviews of this movie on RT are embargoed.

It will be shit.

>uses words he doesn't understand in an attempt to seem intelligent

Artwork before or after this director came on board ?

>does not know meaning of words pretends anyway

>before or after?

Or.

>thinks rearranging and repeating his opponent's insults constitutes a comeback

Still waiting for an answer

>unable to refute truth pretend it's merely rearranging repeating
I accept your defeat.

your both fagets

kys

>is so ass ravaged he can no longer type coherently

Why the fuck are you waiting for that user to answer his own questions, you obsolete moron?