Are Adam Curtis docs kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

ssi.armywarcollege.edu/pubs/
tomscott.com/infinite-adam-curtis/
youtube.com/watch?v=WfusxHokCDg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dude conspiracies lmao

Dude burial lmao

The fact the first 2 posts are "Dude ______lmao" should tell you that you're only going to get contrarian faggot replied here.

Yes OP, they're good.

Some more than others. Hypernormalization and All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace are pretty good.

Not bitter lake?

I think I prefer it to hypernormalization because it's more focused on one thing. Hypernormalization goes all over the place making wild connections.

Are there any other things like it? Well researched analysis on geopolitics, that's not made by a paranoid schizophrenic?

burial invented dubstep

Not really though. It's an atmospheric sort of garage.

>tfw going to be working for the government soon

I'll find out if it's all true after all

>made by a paranoid schizophrenic
Well you pretty much just described half of Adam Curtis's docs. Some of them are better researched than others.

I don't think it's fair to compare Adam Curtis docs to a guy in his basement making a three hour documentary on how the world is ruled by the illuminati.

I like them a lot - even where I disagree, I still like to think about alternative narratives and enjoying the excellent aesthetic of his docs.

Not anything film or tv related, but you might enjoy this: ssi.armywarcollege.edu/pubs/

Great source for geopolitical analysis (Pentagon's research).

>enjoying the excellent aesthetic

This is an underrated aspect. The weird footage that he finds mixed with surreal and often clashing music is very effective.

Truth is he relies a whole lot on the fact he has access to the BBC's video archives.

He still has to edit them to a story, narrative and argument. This was done in the most amazing level at Bitter Lake / Century of Self.

HN lacked it. And I don't buy that it was on purpose.

HN was less focused, so I can only assume he didn't know what to do, or what to use. It felt baffling at times because he'd switch from one thing to the next with no warning.

If he does more docs I do think he should try to stick to a coherent theme.

Dude sheeple lmao

wasn't it massive attack

Both

Basically trip hop in general

They're interesting, but not really correct.

>Clip of war
>Followed by clip of the part before an interview
>Followed by some old folk dancing
>All with depressing electronic music in the background

He's quite predictable.

Everything he shows is real though.

hes the banksy of documentaries

Yes.

>Bitter Lake / Century of Self

His two best to be sure.

i dint know who he is but i said this because it sounded smart

no they're hack shit

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

tomscott.com/infinite-adam-curtis/

>@somecunt on the bottom

I fucking hate that bullshit.

Why the salt?

Yes

Turned off Bitter Lake after 20 minutes. Five minutes of documentary then fives minutes of random pictures and crap music is only half a documentary.

Brainlet.

AWOBMOLG is fucking kino

Wish I could have his job. Just making documentaries about conspiracies and existential shit all day

Just splicing together whatever randumb bullshit you find in the BBC archives you mean.

>Burial track plays
>Electronic bleeps and boops

Those are the same thing.

Also I think it should either be "beeps" or "bloops"

Yeah that'd be fucking amazing. Imagine all the forgotten shit you could find down there.

No

Burial is electronic bleeps and boops with reverb

Getting to go through the BBC archives would be some interesting shit 2bh

And then put some dubstep over it, sell it and have spergs on Sup Forums pay money for it. Living the dream tbf

Probably better than the Vatican secret archives if you get 100% access to Saville and Esther Rantzen's parties.

>When you find the tape labelled 'Jim's Caravan 1978'

>hold reel up to the light and see Prince Charles

>tfw BBC won't let me watch Bitter Lake on their website and all the youtube copies have missing audio

kodi

most of the stuff is common knowledge already if you actually know about history. hypernormalisation for example, everything about the us-libya-lebanon-israel-syria is already known by anyone who has actually read about all of it. but if you're unfamiliar it's not bad for getting you woke

is it just bitter lake that is experimental as fuck or are all his documentaries sounding interesting but actual dogshit to watch?

Just pirate it.

Oh fucking PLEASE tell me what was "common knowledge" in Bitter Lake or Century of Self

Fucking please tell me, lel.

I think you're misusing the word common knowledge. You mean it was public record. Your average Joe on the street wouldn't know any of it, in fact I doubt they'd even be able to reliably find all of those countries on a map.

Why don't more things use the atmospheric documentary style?

yeah that's what i meant. common knowledge was the wrong term, i meant it wasn't unknown or classified or anything, it's all there for people to find out about, and a lot of people already know about

>It's all there for people to find out about.
First they have to ask right questions, then find the correct asnwers. It's not just "dude go to Wikipedia and google Afghanistan".

He made a great informative doc about ME geopolitics, and that's no small feat considering the clusterfuck it is.

hypernormalisation is good for that. there is a lot of artsy jumble misses in there too. he could have filled that with just more meat and potatoes

i disliked hn. i like rest of his stuff tho.

>he could have filled that with just more meat and potatoes
That's the story of all his documentaries. Or cut the shit and just make them 20 minutes long.

What though? The problem with HN was that it had no focus.

the focus of HN seemed to be "misdirection" overall i guess

That's more of an excuse than a justification.

i think adam curtis and his docs are a net positive overall. i didn't care much for a lot of HN. the middle east politics parts were good, also the part about the trump "inspiration" in russia who donates to/supports opposing parties and shit. a lot of the rest was filler and lame

is there any news about his next project/documentary? i can't find anything when i google but i hope it's soon and it's not a dumb topic

>a lot of the rest was filler and lame
>Doesn't understand the obvious meta narrative w/r/t to the narrative of the film

boy think more meta.

Post Cutisesque music

youtube.com/watch?v=WfusxHokCDg

The Power of Nightmares and Century of the Self are very worth watching.

Seems to be radio silence mostly. I suppose he could be on a break.

>actually wanting botnet.

The power of nightmares is great. There is however, a lot of rubbish

Has anyone made any edits that cut the acid trips out and just has the information in?

Clearly, because that makes 10 minutes and you watched 20.

I watched 5 minutes of documentary and 5 minutes of crap twice. I thought maybe the first time was an accident.

>artistic film can convey information straight and through symbolism as and when it wants, it's the artists prerogative
>documentary film is only allowed to be straight data, no artistry allowed, because I said so
The actual content and quality of the docs aside, if documentary is his chosen genre why isn't he allowed to experiment with it?

Documentaries are only allowed to be facts.

>

Well, it's a fact that Al Gore went around saying those things.

This is a story about a website
>"Something I Can Never Have" starts playing
>plane scene from TDKR playing in slow-mo
A website which bridged the gap between order and chaos
>panning shot of AlyDoLL's basement
It was founded by man obsessed with Chinese cartoons
>close-up B&W pic of Moot
He was convinced that it was his aim to create a new world
>pic of Moot as the "little girl"
But this was a fantasy, and instead he unleashed a force he could not control
>montage of Jessi Slaughter, Fappening pics, rare Pepes
Instead something strange happened and evil triumphed over good
>Theme from "Moon" starts playing
>5min clip of various threads full of shitposting
But the story really begins five years ago...

>Crap music

m8 the music picks are the best thing about the documentary

Just watched a bit of HN, it's just him trying to make the most obvious thing look complex. The other documentaries seem interesting though, specially the Freud one, I think it's Century of the Self.

This
Power of Nightmares is the one I recommend to new viewers. If they like that, then show them the rest, good bits and bad

absurd
moving pictures are an illusion, an inherent lie

But this was a fantasy, OP was a faggot the whole time - And nobody was the wiser

Meanwhile, on Sup Forums, EVERYONE started thinking he most strange thing....