Almost 6 years later and this is STILL the best CG Walt Disney Animation Studios film...

Almost 6 years later and this is STILL the best CG Walt Disney Animation Studios film. Why is this so much better than the films that followed it?

It was Glen Keane's last work at disney and a passion project of his.

>It was Glen Keane's last work at disney
that was bash it bob, actually

Eh, it has the best visuals but I like Wreck-It Ralph more

Comprehensive storyline, inspired art direction, Keanes & Alan Menken...

It was the only one without any late retooling, and it was also the most expensive.

i gave your mom some late retooling if you know what i mean

Bolt was clearly the superior film here.

Hmmm... false.

Bolt, Ralph, and Zootopia were all better.

You should avoid responding to obvious bait, user.

Will it be good?

It's not that good. Even the songs aren't that great. Probably why Disney isn't hiring Menken anymore

I think because it was a labor of love that took advantage of all the talent at Disney. So many of the key people at Disney for this film have left - John Kahrs, Glen Keane, many other animators - and though Disney still has good people, they haven't quite found enough to replace them. I will say that Byron Howard seems to have continued his streak with Zootopia, though, and Keane seems to have mentored a lot of the talent for Wreck It Ralph like Rich Moore, who also co-directed Zootopia with Howard.

Probably as good as can be expected, Keane is coming back for it and they have the original actors for Rapunzel and Eugene, also Clancy Brown as the King, and Alan Menken is doing the music.

I'm excited! Though I hope the promo art is misleading, and Rapunzel has her short hair. :)

It's the most expensive animated feature ever made, and went through about eight years of production and retooling. That helps.

Honestly, Disney cartoons are one of those thigns that often get better the longer and longer they sit in production hell. The Emperor's New Groove was originally a serious production called Kingdom Of The Sun and ENG was a low budget makeover designed to make sure those assets got out the door and weren't a total waste.

I wouldn't bet on short hair.

Because of how long it was in production for, and the amount of efforct that went into creating the characters. Claire Keane spent a lot of time trying to figure out Rapunzel and I think it shows.

Frozen wasn't in production for long enough. There wasn't really much depth to the characters. To me, Tangled > Frozen
That's not to shit on people who liked Frozen, but between the two, Tangled is the overall better film.

Oh, yes, it was. Frozen also road the wave of positive buzz that Tangled created, and Disney felt confident enough in the upswing to pour a trillion dollars into marketing it.

Yeah, Tangled is the real MVP. Its budget basically paid for the creation of the CG engine that all Disney movies have used since then. It also had a much better put together story.

>Byron Howard seems to have continued his streak with Zootopia

i tried to watch Tangled lately, i fucking hate his humour, and Zootopia was good only because Moore had to polish Byron's turd.