NPR CUTTING OFF COMMENTS ON THEIR WEBSITE

current.org/2016/08/npr-to-end-website-comments/

NPR cutting off comments on their website.

Nazi frogs

B T F O
T
F
O

How will Sup Forums ever recover?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/08/17/npr-is-killing-off-comments-thats-great-news/
pri.org/stories/2016-07-19/trump-crowd-was-wild-anti-undocumented-rhetoric-first-night-rnc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>NPR has allowed comments on its site for eight years, but after “much experimentation and discussion, we've concluded that the comment sections on NPR.org stories are not providing a useful experience for the vast majority of our users,” said Scott Montgomery, NPR’s managing editor for digital news, in a post on NPR’s site. (It had drawn over 100 comments as of this afternoon.)
>we've concluded that the comment sections on NPR.org stories are not providing a useful experience for the vast majority of our users,”
>useful
Freedom of speech isn't meant to be useful. It is a right. I can call you a nigger faggot all day. It isn't meant to be useful, but it is my right.

1. This shows they don't care about freedom of speech.
2. This is a publicly funded organization so the "it's a private organization; they can do what they want" argument actually holds less water here.

washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/08/17/npr-is-killing-off-comments-thats-great-news/

According to the Washington Post:
>This is terrific news. And all other major media organizations should follow NPR's lead.

lol, Sup Forumss days are numbered.

I didn't know people were forced to read the comment section after reading an article. Damn.

>Sage
Oh, look. Another Sup Forums coward afraid an idea he doesn't like might get bumped to the top of the catalog.

What are you gonna do when you can't hide behind a screen playing the big bad cyber bully anymore, hayseed? Sulk in your double-wide and console yourself with some Bud Light and a box of Wal-Mart Marlboros?

SHUT
H
U
T

IT
T

DOWN
O
W
N

>lol, Sup Forumss days are numbered.
Oh, I didn't realize this was another shill thread before posting. My mistake. sage, hide, etc. I was hoping to get actual discussion on this but I've been let down, never mind.

Is this trolling, shilling, or legitimate shitposting?
Its getting harder and harder to tell these days.

>washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/08/17/npr-is-killing-off-comments-thats-great-news/

>t. person who has nothing to say

this is what happens when your reporting reads like a youtube comments section

to think, i used to be against republican pushes to end NPR funding.

they've swayed so far left it's not even fun to listen to to get riled up anymore

|
|
|>
|
|
|

>who's behind this>?

Why not all three?

National Propaganda Radio

wouldn't want truthful comments to get in the way of the propaganda....

>The narrative is crumbling
>Better apply more duct tape

>NPR
>Taxpayer funded
>Doesn't want to hear what the taxpayers think

Yeah, this isn't the textbook definition of fascism at all.

NPR is, always was and forever shall be the mouthpiece for the democratic party, and political fairness has never been its doctrine. It should never be financed through public dollars. Who gives a fuck if you can't spam it's comments - you will never knock any sense into a liberal skull. Save your energy for something meaningful.

The jews are on the move, just like with the coincidence detector, the alt-right made them so butthurt this is just the first of many sites that will disable comments. The jews finally got tired of having their propaganda torn to shreds by bored anime masturbators with too much free time.

It's afraid.

>pri.org/stories/2016-07-19/trump-crowd-was-wild-anti-undocumented-rhetoric-first-night-rnc
Listen to this segment, where the correspondent completely misses the point. She's supposed to verify that Trump supporters are racist, when they just oppose illegal immigration.

>Werman: Is the GOP drawing some kind of distinction between German, Slovenian, European immigrants and people south of the border, or everybody else?
>Muriel: I don't know that they're doing exactly that... They're drawing a very clear line between legal immigration and illegal immigration.
>Werman: (audibly sighs)

The only people who are scared of the truth are those with something to hide. - B. Hussain Obama

>people post negative comments, indicating they disagree with the content
>the solution is to silence negative criticism

Great! Gawker did the same thing, and look where it is now!

That's my favorite part of NPR is when they screw up and tell you the plain truth without realizing it.

Kind of like when I tuned in one day and the host introduced Abraham Metzleberg from the Rubenstein-Goldbaum-Kleinfeld International Institution for Progress in Policy and Fairness, and his first question was literally, "can you tell us how to think about this?"

they've gone full jew this year, usually they're more tolerable but I guess new editors pushed them over

they should be defunded

They're doing this right before the election for a reason. They're not stupid.

>NPR is, always was and forever shall be the mouthpiece for the democratic party, and political fairness has never been its doctrine.
Which is absolute bullshit because:

>It should never be financed through public dollars.
It is.

>Who gives a fuck if you can't spam it's comments - you will never knock any sense into a liberal skull. Save your energy for something meaningful.
I give a shit because it is publicly funded.