So Batman Beyond was pitched as a show aimed more at kids from TAS...

So Batman Beyond was pitched as a show aimed more at kids from TAS, and yet in the first episode you're introduced to THIS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8sa71C13K5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=ObSZp6Q9WCU
youtube.com/watch?v=JYEky8d8eU4
youtube.com/watch?v=YI-pP5cJG68
youtube.com/watch?v=Cux_R_DQsoY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

And just when I blocked that from my memory you bring back again user. Thanks a lot user.

Batman beyond was pretty gruesome, the kill count and amount of body horrors and fates worse than death was not schway at all.

Wait, seriously? The semi-cyberpunk aesthetic and a lot of the dialogue really says otherwise.

>You killed my father!
>Do you have any idea of how LITTLE that narrows it down?

well it came a while after BTAS so they probably figured the audience grew up a bit by then.

You'd be surprised at how much something can shift in tone over the course of production. This is how Justice League was originally pitched:
youtube.com/watch?v=8sa71C13K5Q

Yeah it got away with so much shit
Chemical weapons, on screen assainations, suicide, implied torture, murdering a guy in his sleep, genetic narcotics, murder again the list goes on and on

I kind of wish they kept Blight around longer as a corrupt corporate head by day, supervillain by night.
>You want to talk about poison? I AM poison!

What the fuck? Who's that robot woman? Why is Kid Flash there? What the hell

>We could have had animated Impulse that early

The show's infamous bad ends werre pretty amazing, but they kinda limited the show at the same time. Can't have a recurring rogues gallery when they all get killed off, and Terry just isn't as entertaining as Frank, nor as directly murderous.

It's the same deal with the animated Freeze. You can only rob and kill people so many times before it stops being tragic and just comes off as weird. The cartoons were amazing in their stories, but handicapped the making of further stories because of it.

>that shitty looking Copperhead at 0:45
>Cyborg is a tween black girl

Pic related gave me nightmares.

Yeah yeah we've been over this.

Kids huh? I thought they were going for the teen crowd to be honest.

WHERE DA HOOD
WHERE DA HOOD
WHERE DA HOOD AT?!
youtube.com/watch?v=ObSZp6Q9WCU

Believe it or not, there is a teen black girl version or Cyborg in the comics.

She's a drug addicted villain though.

>I'm assuming you either mean Lex Luthor's battle suit or Chemo
>It's Impulse, who was a popular character in both his own solo series and the Young Justice title at the time, as well as a contemporary of Tim Drake.

Oh fuck I forgot about the Inque episode. The terrors of waifu idolatry.

They actually were, IIRC - they noticed the same demographics who watched Buffy on WB would often watch Batman reruns, so exec-think led to "Make a show about a hip young Batman in high school, for the teens and tweens!"

I thought it was a "dude what if we put Batman IN HIGH SCHOOL" and the writers decided to make it awesome despite the meme premise.

The suits were constantly looking to get more viewership from the 6-11 demographic, hence BTAS having no less than two revamps.

They went to Timm and said "we want something that will bring on more kids, we were thinking a teenage Batman could be the ticket"

Timm of course thought it was a terrible idea, but then fell in love with the idea once him and Dini came up with the future angle

The execs wanted a younger Batman so they could have more younger viewers, since they felt that the audience watching The New Batman/Superman Adventures skewed a bit too old.

That episode taught me a valuable lesson about never overestimating a woman's patience. Everytime I see "HOT SUPERVILLAINESSES YOU WOULD TOTALLLY WAIF- I MEAN HENCH FOR" threads, I can't help but think back to that episode.

>caught in explosion (?)
This is nothing special. They should've pointed out that Ra's essentially erased his daughter from existence and then wore her body like a cheap suit in a mad bid to stay alive after the pits stopped working.

Makes you wonder if she was willing, huh?

I mean, she was loyal, but was she THAT loyal?

>R.I.P. Nelson's Schway New Car

Got a little chuckle out of that.

>You don't like my hat? People get killed for that shit!
This is surprisingly decent.

And this is why its such a struggle to have good action cartoons.

All the advertisers on these networks target kids under 12

Unfortunately that's because action cartoons are so expensive that ratings alone aren't enough to recoup expenses. They need toy sales, and young boys are the ones who want them.

Beyond Ill is schway af. I hope there'll be another one soon.

I had been wondering where that WebM came from.

As a kid, because I barely watched the original BTAS and was only exposed through STAS and TNBA, I thought that girl Bruce saved in the first episode was meant to be Terry's mom.

That episode always gave me a boner.

I like to imagine that Bruce did fuck Ras in Talias body And Ras loved it

That actually makes me hate the fact that Teen Titans wasn't an actual DCAU show, it was obvious they were trying something with the sidekicks, they could've gone with this instead of the weeb shit we got

The rouge gallery was shit except for maybe Inque. Didn't matter because Terry ended up indirectly killing all of them anyway.

This needs to be discussed more.
Did bruce really fuck a man?

>weeb shit
>TT was bad

Hey I found the 16 year old

>rouge

This isn't WoW

>handicapped

That's a very comics-oriented line of thought

While the comics have been ongoing for 80 years the cartoons and movies try to tell a story which has a clear beginning and end rather than "joker broke out of jail again and is running amok again, he has to be stopped. again."

Always hit me how fucked everyone was Terry lost his genetically cucked dad Bruce lost basically every human connection he ever had and is now hated by literally the entire bat family half of the rogues gallery either die or get screwed over and any of the original bras rogues galley is either dead or worse (Freeze) hell they never mentioned Harvey but that only means he never got better and probably blew his brains out at some point and Selina is sorta implied to be dead Its really depressing in retrospec

>old people die

Wow so sad

cybergirl is a rule 63 Cyborg.

Pretty much this. Comics can be indefinite because you have multiple continuities, retcons, and so forth that nobody minds how many times Joker has pissed acid on somebody. Cartoons meanwhile, have to either be episodic and watchable in any order, or build up a grand universe that ultimately ends (though getting to end is a whole other matter), while movies are the most limited because they either have a set story in mind, or are meant to be open-ended with the first film and maybe build up an arching plot over the sequels.

I could see Harvey either perishing in one last conflict, or maybe being reformed by early stage medications made around the time Neo-Gotham rises, allowing him to suppress the Two-Face personality for what little years he had left.

As for Bruce and the Bat-family, he does reconcile in the movie, don't forget. Granted, they probably stayed distant because of their changed lives, but he wasn't hated (as much) by them after that, at least by Barbara and Tim, hard to say how Dick feels since he never got to appear in the show.

I really liked Curare

It wasn't that bad, the first 4 seasons were pretty damn good, especially 2 and 4. Season 5 was definitely the worst, but only because of the inexplicable lack of any heroes, the Doom Patrol disappearing after the premiere, and just throwing in a billion new characters who get little to no development.

Well it ended up pretty schway so I was not disappointed.

Thst Lex is fuckable but this music is off beat and deranged.

Seems like Dick stills holds a grudge over getting turned into Swiss cheese.

i wanted to fuck this smurf so bad as a kid

Veil on of veil off?

ON

Natasha Irons

My brother and I fucking lost it at this episode.

Also advertisers care about who the ratings are coming from. If you're getting 3 million views an episode but 75% of those are from people older than 12, advertisers won't be thrilled because 26 year olds aren't gonna buy their super soakers

Wait, what?

If that shit looks awesome I damn fucking will buy it. Sucks how so many soakers have had some pretty lame designs in the last 20 years.

>liking TT
>liking weebshit
Pretty sure you're the 16 year old here user. A Teen Titans show in the style of Justice League would have been objectively superior.

I remember the Venom "Slappers" episode.

>Terry has a huge roll of newspaper that weighs more than a ton crush like 4 drug making scientists
>makes the main bad guy overdose on Venom

IIRC, in the comics Joker kidnaps Alfred, so Dick and Bruce team up. Since Bruce was so used to working alone by then, he does his cape distraction thing when Joker shoots at him without noticing Dick was behind him, costing Nightwing his eye.

I didn't know Hera had a cousin in the DC Universe.

Terry McGuiness kills more people onscreen than Joker.

To be fair, he was a furfucker.

>weebshit argument

Nope, pretty sure you're 16 if you're only argument is just calling something bad because it has anime trappings instead of, you know, making an actual argument on a Chinese Microprocessor Production Line.

To be fair, a lot of that can probably attributed to the fact that the writers didn't have plans for a fifth season and had to whip something up on the spot. The big season 4 finale was literally titled "The End", after all.

youtube.com/watch?v=JYEky8d8eU4

THIS SONGGGG

TETSUOOOOOOOOO!!

>just calling something bad because it has anime trappings
But anime trappings are fucking retarded and you're a mouth-breathing mongoloid with incredibly shit taste if you actually like that dreck. It's not even Sup Forums trash, it's the cheap knockoff of trash. The anime-esque humor was especially shit.

>this.
Let's be real folks...the only time we got interested in the baddie was when inque was there and when Blight was doing shit
(Dude had the best lines)

Also the Joker twins.

For purely pic related reasons.

Inque gave so many kids fetishes...

>pulled into thre center of the earth
Might as well kill me

>and you're a mouth-breathing mongoloid with incredibly shit taste if you actually like that dreck

Nice opinion, kiddo. Again, try coming up with an actual argument.

And the humor was just fine, it wasn't always anime humor, and even then those jokes worked fine in any episodes.

I thought Blight, Inque, and Shriek were pretty good and really fit the Neo-Gotham aesthetic. The others were really forgettable though.

read my mind here.

Bubonic plague?

>tfw you realize Inque was a milf all along in her last proper episode
>tfw this milf basically raped a highschooler (Terry) throughout the series
In retrospect, it got better.

If you listen closely it's clearly music from Star Wars

at least I know where my choking on black things fetish came from.

You have to assume that, since she no longer has a normal vagina, she stimulates through her ooziness to a certain degree. Maybe her nearly gagging him to death was erotic for her.

Who here used to get hype as fuck during the opening?

Until they made her job to the stupid fucking black cunt

that was her potty tentacle

>joker broke out of jail again and is running amok again, he has to be stopped. again."

BTAS had this in spades though

I think thats a good character trait. It gives his surviving rogues a actual scale to compare to.

Is that Gentleman Ghost?

Where is that pic from?

wtf that gives me empathatic knee pain so bad

Is there more?

Name?

The gave her a non-skelly face in 2.0 (though it was technically the Justice Lords version, so maybe the normal one still looks like that).

It's almost as if they didn't think kids were retards who had to be sheltered from anything and everything.

chainsaw KNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

>RIP Nelson's schway car

The robot that Lex was in is the robot from the Batman Beyond episode Golem. Don't think you can trick me, Warner Brothers.

>That scream.
>"He tried to fuck me-"
>"I'M GONNA FUCK YA IF YOU DON'T HIT THOSE SHOWERS."
Toppest kek.

Cyborgirl. LaTonya Charles

Was it explained in the comics what happened with Bruce's old enemies?

How did we go from this
youtube.com/watch?v=YI-pP5cJG68
to this?
youtube.com/watch?v=Cux_R_DQsoY

And is electrocution really an improvement?

>Katawa Shoujo bad end