Would Hank be okay with using wood chips used to infuse flavor if he was grilling with propane?

Would Hank be okay with using wood chips used to infuse flavor if he was grilling with propane?

Smoked ribs cooked with applewood chips are quite delicious.

Other urls found in this thread:

forkful.com/everyday-eats/what-is-the-difference-between-barbecue-and-grilling
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think Hank has no problem with smoked meats. he sells a wagner char-king that can specifically be used for smoking
as long as the wood is being lit with propane

Propane really is a dirty girl, isn't she sug?

Well, he specifically says that propane is the best because you "only taste the meat." He probably hates the fact that he has to sell char-kings.

that's strickland's motto though. obviously he's just talking about grilling. he wants grilled meat to form its maillard compounds without the presence of charcoal smoke.. but that doesn't mean he isn't cool with barbecue at all

Why is Buck Strickland such a terrible person? And why does Hank let him do such things?

What would Hank do if he saw someone put ketchup on a steak?

unbridled voices
and because back when he was taught to obey authority, authority at least made a half-assed attempt at LOOKING like it deserved the obedience

what do you mean? Bobby did it once. He blamed the low quality meat and sought out better meat

Bobby did do that once. I think it was the episode where Peggy and Bobby found out the true joys of charcoal that Hank Hill was ignorantly trying to hide them from.

I laugh at Hank, for being cucked in his own home by a black characoal chip.

He was fine with it in that episode where Bill made that sauce and tried to sell it to Mr. Strickland.

Oh wait that's right. I confused it with the organic meat episode.

i love how the hippies were allergic to profit, but once hank fixed their fucked up store, they immediately sold out
that was barbecue sauce, meant for barbecue, not ketchup for a steak

But I wasn't talking about ketchup for steak?

I was talking about him liking smoked meat.

Hank was desperate for a decent father figure.
Buck introduced him to Propane which is Hank's second god. So he's a surrogate father figure and a good deal better than Cotton so he's willing to overlook his flaws because he needs hi to be something better than what he really is.

whoops, right
yeah obviously he's down with barbecue. no true texan isn't.
people forget, due to bad nomenclature, that grilling and barbecue aren't the same thing. in fact that's probably partially charcoal's fault, since the whole thing with that is you can smoke meat AS you grill it, making it taste a bit like barbecue. which is cheating.

delicious cheating

>a good deal better than Cotton
well sort of. i think at some point he was a capable businessman. other than that cotton's more of a legit badass

Same reason he let's Cotton do such terrible things

A legit badass who terrorized him since he was a baby.
As shitty as Buck is he doesn't maliciously abuse Hank. He just takes advantage of his good nature but he'll treat him nice while he's doing it. Plus there's a lot of implication that he used to respectable person, at the very least in this role as a Mentor to Hank.

yeah having reread your post, I see you meant a good deal better as a father figure.

Wasn't it Hank's idea to have Bobby help Bill make his wood burning barbecue pit? He thought barbecue was a better alternative for Bobby than baking

What separates barbequing from grilling? Aren't they the same? A barbeque is just a grill, isn't it?

forkful.com/everyday-eats/what-is-the-difference-between-barbecue-and-grilling

propane is trash

yeah this is what i'm talking about
no
barbeque is a low-heat method of cooking. It's kinda like a crock pot except you use smoke instead of water, and it can take DAYS instead of hours.

Grilling = 500 to 600 degree heat over a period of minutes. Great for burgers, hot dogs, and steaks.

Barbeque = 200 degree heat, over a period of days, it's great for pieces of meat with a lot of connective tissue because at 200 or so degrees, it just melts.

shit I would love to talk wok frying with hank

>"Gee, I don't know about cooking in a giant bowl. That may work for you orientals but us Americans love the even heat with an outdoor propane filled grill I tell you hwat."

The char king seems like his pride and joy most episodes. I know he is a salesman at the end of the day but he still shows when he dislikes a product.

Hank hates the taste of charcoal cooked meat but smoking meat or barbecuing is different than grilling meat with charcoal.

Smoke gives the meat flavor and Hank even made a exception when smoking a turkey in the Thanksgiving episode but only because he did it with propane.