Comic/cartoon starts as a comedy

>comic/cartoon starts as a comedy
>slowly eases itself into a more serious tone

I'm hoping star vs the forces of evil doesn't. I need some simple humor every once in awhile

Besides Moral Orel what?

So basically Adventure Time?

The name of this transformation is "Cerebus Syndrome", so... Cerebus the Aardvark.

Pretty much AC until Ward and Sugar left.

bojak hormsman

i'm curious as to what this is

the ones i think of from the top of my head

>adventure time
>bojack
>moral orel
>spinernette kinda
>panty and stocking again sorta (and i know it's an anime but whatever)
>teen titans

Basic premise is that the two left are superficial shallow slut bitches, while the right is awkward and much friendlier and naive.

It's basically a gag-a-day thing for while where the two of them fuck her over alot, lulzy and shit. Then it starts getting heavy around Book 3 or so. By the time it gets to Book 7 it's at the "How the hell did that turn into this?" point.

Anyone know when the new issue of this is out? I got addicted via a storytime some time earlier this year and want more.

true, but it was feelsy from the start

>panty and stocking
>Serious tone

really?

Tbh very few shows/comics can do this well

Neon Genesis Evangelion

What are you, fucking TV Tropes?

Same here man, shit was lit

Invincible did this, but it wasn't very subtle.

by the end it kinda had one sorta if you squint your eyes

That's not what Cerebus Syndrome is.

Fuck tvtropes. That site should've gone away along with its troper tales section.

That new season's coming out soon? Right?

yep any day now

>angrily points out misconception, but does nothing to actually correct it
gj fgt

I think that is what Cerebus Syndrome is, actually. The story going from lighthearted to darker and more dramatic.

IIRC Cerebus Syndrome should probably refer to the creator going fucking bonkers after dropping loads of acid in a single day.

sign of a shitty faux-deep show for manbabys

>manbabys

learn to spell retard

You're right, it's "babbys".

Oh shit you're right

CORRECTION: sign of a shitty faux-deep show for menbabys

But that's not what happened with Cerebus. His descent into madness took decades, not a day.

Read comics, not memes.

>tv execs won't greenlight animated dramas so writers have to trojan horse in dramatic themes into their wacky comedies

On the plus side, maybe after Bojack Horseman we'll actually see a half-decent animated drama series

How did you guys forget about Loss.jpg?

really hate it when shows do that tbqh

It's not really the same. Up until Loss it was comedy and after Loss it basically went back to comedy again.

Except the final story arc about time travel and shit.