Unsounded

Two-page update!

Don't do it, Toma!

>matty's look of disappointment

Quigs is getting old, it looks like.

I am imagining that wright, pulling from the waterfall, screaming like he is powering up in DBZ.

And now I am imagining it too.

You got it backwards man. First you try to persuade the hero to your side, THEN you try to murder him.

Rahm might be better than Duane. Shouldn't a proper wright be able handle an opponents prepared pymarics?

Duane's fighting a master artificer in what is essentially his home base. Everything about this situation gives Rahm as much advantage as he can have.

Duane can't win without Sette he's like Jackie Chan without a baby

I think Ashley said at some point that in Rahm's base he beats Duane fairly decisively (thanks to pyramics and other tricks likely) while in open "fair" combat Duane beats him very handily. Keep in mind Duane struggled against Quigley when he used pyramics in their duel. Pyramics are very powerful and can give a weaker wright a huge advantage thus why they are banned in traditional duels.

Depends on the pymarics.
Duane's trait is being the fastest and most efficient spellcaster in the room, but that still leaves him playing catch up if his opponent already spent months refining their favorite gimmicks and cramming them into a portable trinket prior the fight.

The fact that Duane can keep up with these guys at all when he's doing everything on the fly is a testament to his broad talent.

Why couldnt he overpower those mercenaries the night his daughter died if he had been alone do you think he could have taken them?

If he had been alone

And they hadn't used COWARDLY CRESCIAN AMBUSH tactics

Down a residential alley on a night suspiciously free of its usual watchmen

And that ambush hadn't involved tranq-poisoned crossbow bolts

And they hadn't been lead by a guy trained in the use of spellslicer blades and wright subdual

There's a comic out there I apparently never thought to save that frames how stacked those fucking odds were pretty well. Whoever organized the hit knew the target perfectly well, they just didn't bother to tell their hapless stooges.

I don't keep up with this comic, what sex is that silver hair kid in panel 4?
i wanna fuck it

I wish Duane was more overpowered but he's not even the main character in this story.

A filthy platt and who's sex is platt

He is a sweet, kind-hearted little boy who will be dead by age 30 due to magic caste biology bullshit. Many of his caste end up as prostitutes or child soldier mages.

>he
oh
>Many of his caste end up as prostitutes or child soldier mages
but do they end up as child prostitutes

Ephebophiles are paying customers too, user

Bets on how it ends? Rahm does seem to have the upper hand in his own keep. Is he really going to win, or will Duane pull something out of his ass?

Quigs will get free a bit methinks and finally help Duane out. I think any opening to get Rahm off of Duane will give him enough of a chance to break the pymarics responsible for him getting fucked up.

Quigs with just a few seconds could do some pretty powerful shit, Plats are scary.

It's bizarre watching Duane lose this badly.

Damn Rahm is stylish as fuck when he fights. Really shows a difference between Duane's improvisational style and polished pymary.

My guess is Rahm manages to escape with Quigly in tow, barring some kind of upset from Duane or Quigly managing to get loose. It's his fight to lose.

Normally I read unsounded on my phone, but happen to be on the computer and it's amazing how much more detail there is seeing it on a monitor instead of a phone screen. I feel like I need to reread it all again now...

I can understand if it's like a simple gag comic or whatever, but I can not for the life of me get why so many people actively choose to read comics with actual good art on shitty tiny phone screens.

Shouldn't Duane feel no pain?
I don't see how getting punched in the head would stop his spellcasting at all, he survives based on his soul, not from his brain, iirc, right?

He's being punched with MAGIC. Of course it's gonna mess his magic up.

He only feels pain when bones snap, apparently. He's probably just disoriented, a bitch slap that bowls you over will do that, even if you feel no pain

Now imagine the full-res pages.

He's still being pushed around, though. It's gotta disrupt his vision or meager sense of balance or something, if nothing else.