The Temple of Doom is Steven Spielberg’s least favourite Indiana Jones movie

>The Temple of Doom is Steven Spielberg’s least favourite Indiana Jones movie

>According to Susan Lacy, director of the upcoming documentary Spielberg, the legendary filmmaker has revealed that out of all four instalments in the series, he likes the 1984 prequel Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom the least.

flickeringmyth.com/2017/08/the-temple-of-doom-is-steven-spielbergs-least-favourite-indiana-jones-movie/

The guy knows Crystal Skull exists (because he fucking made it) and still dislikes ToD the most. What a fucking pleb. Temple of Doom is by far the most fun one with so many awesome and iconic moments.

the movie set was amazing

wtf i love spielberg now

Lucas also likes Return of the Empire the least. Really makes you think.

>Return of the Empire

>Return of the Empire
the what

>Temple of Doom is a prequel

whoa

But his wife is in it...hmm

Temple of doom is the best one.

Maybe he disowned Skull.

Did the chinese kid play somewhere else ?

>Spielberg documentary
...Seriously?

Shut the fuck up reddit

The goonies

Reddit loves Spielberg, he's the golden calf of nostalgiatards.

>Temple of Doom is by far the most fun
yeah the one where people get ritually sacrificed to the indian god of death is the most fun. i love it when indy punches a small child who looks up to him in the face

How much do you want to bet it's because Temple of Dooms is offensive to Indian and Chinese people.

exactly.

raiders sword guy getting shot by indy is the best moment in movie history

>Return of the Empire

PLEASE TELL ME LUCAS SECRETLY MADE AN ALTERNATE STAR WARS MOVIE BACK IN THE 80'S THAT HE'S KEPT IN A VAULT FOR THE PAST 30 YEARS

90s born queers were a mistake

>the best movie of the franchise is the darkest and edgiest one

mom's gonna FREAK

How could anyone think that when Revenge of the Jedi exists?

Oh fuck... yeah I meant The Empire Strikes Back.......

I watched it all the time growing up. I realize you probably grew up watching those faggot brendan fraser movies.

Part time

>The guy knows Crystal Skull exists (because he fucking made it) and still dislikes ToD the most. What a fucking pleb
He doesn't dislike it because it's bad - it isn't, it's great - but because it's too somber and was made during a rough period of his life. Filmmakers often judge their own movies based on the personal shit that was happening at the time or that they put in the movie.

Not surprising because

1) it was made during a "dark time" in his life and him and Lucas were both miserable.
2) the more potentially offensive things about the movie probably have eaten away at his white guilt over the years e.g. bastardizing Indian religion, annoying little Asian boy servant, white saviors, etc. I think Indian people are probably offended by the food scene, but I always took it to mean that the people that lived in the palace were fucked up psychos who were part of a cult so they ate weird shit. I didn't think normal Indian people ate eyeballs when I watched that movie as a kid. But I assume more easily offended people don't like that scene.

He can't admit that Crystal Skull is his least favorite (even if it is) because that would just be an admission that confirms that it was a total failure, and it would also put a huge stink on any potential future Indy movies.

Steven Spielberg said in 1989, "I wasn't happy with Temple of Doom at all. It was too dark, too subterranean, and much too horrific. I thought it out-poltered Poltergeist. There's not an ounce of my own personal feeling in Temple of Doom." He later added during the Making of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom documentary, "Temple of Doom is my least favorite of the trilogy. I look back and I say, 'Well the greatest thing that I got out of that was I met Kate Capshaw. We married years later and that to me was the reason I was fated to make Temple of Doom."[2]

>>Temple of Doom is by far the most fun
God damn right it is. It spawned an Atari arcade game where you could whip Thuggee guards and they would blabber something with an Indian accent. You could then keep on whipping them until they fell into the lava river, all the while blubbering.

That was George Lucas. He had gone through a divorce with his first wife, Marcia. If anything Spielberg should love Temple of Doom because this is where he met his wife, Kate Capshaw.

>Spielberg
>white guilt
Ahahahaha

>Spielberg
>White Guilt

What did he mean by this?

drumpfmind

Not counting Skull, Temple is my least favorite, too, not because it's bad, but because Raiders and Last Crusade are just so fucking good.

But point taken, OP. Crystal Skull deserves that lowly position, not Temple.

He literally only dislikes it because it reminds him of when he had to write a nine figure check to his ex-wife since he just had to fuck Kate Capshaw.

It's because it's blatantly racist as fuck and a literal "fuck you" to India and Indian culture. It's outrageous. Lucas and Spielberg gave the script to the Indian film board in order to get permission to shoot in India, and they rejected it because of how ridiculously it portrayed Indian people, so Lucas and Spielberg said fuck you, kept the script exactly the same and filmed it in a country that kind of looks like India. He should feel bad about it.

>he doesn't know that this franchise is a love letter to equally racist serials and Tintin
Doom was great, just not quite as good as Raiders or Crusade.

kys