Equivalent Exchange: The Duality of Quality

I cannot be the first to notice this strange trend in regards to the "Big Two" of comicdom. Marvel and DC comics. There seems to be an odd relationship between the two, likely coincidental but no less strange.

Its as if the companies are mirrors of eachother, where one succeeds, the other fails, where one thrives, the other dies, where one is quality, the other schlock.

Today, DC is putting out a lineup of average to excellent books, whereas Marvel is producing pandersome garbage, with sales reflecting this. DC is dominating Marvel through brute force quality.

Yet, you look at their film divisions. Marvel is thriving, the beloved king of their craft, while DC is struggling to catch up, with middling success to negative reaction.

Yet again, to their animated divisions. Marvel puts out low effort cheap mush, while DC pumps decent budgets into hit or miss animated films and often-good tv cartoons.

Their Live Action TV Departments. DC's quality may dip, but they reign through numbers, dominating an entire channel. While Marvel produces excellent Television, they've found success mostly through unorthodox productions of 13 hour feature films cut into 40 minute segments.

Video Games. Marvels stake is near nonexistent now, while DC is shipping well recieved titles blooming into their own sub-franchises.

Where one is good. The other is bad.

Its like a universal rule. Marvel and DC are yin-yang to one another.

It is much easier to just ignore the two of them completely these days.

Why? I still like books from both.
Quit being such an elitist shithead.

>pumps decent budgets into hit or miss animated films and often-good tv cartoons.
What year are you living in? Today's DC has Teen Titans Go and the shitty Killing Joke adaptation. The DCAU ended ten years ago.

>hit or miss animated films
>animated films
>hit or miss

>often-good tv cartoons
>often-good
>not always good

Nigger read.

Or do you hate Brave and The Bold and think JL: Action looks shitty?

Brave and the bold ended 5 years ago. JL action is upcoming. So where's the DC show currently airing that isn't shitty?

Not him, but Superhero Girls is okay.

Name a Marvel cartoon produced by Marvel in the past decade that wasnt shit.

I can only name one.

Young justuce just couldn't compete with it though

I can't. Tha's why this "equivalent exchange" theory is bunk. Both animation departments are in a pretty sorry spot right now. I couldn't even finish Son of Batman.

Thats my point faggot, Marvels had maybe one good show produced by them (EHM), DC's put out Young Justice, BaTB, and BtB in that timeframe, and are doing JL: Action which looks great.

Marvels put out shit after shit after shit cartoon.

It's more like Sup Forums goes through phases where hates one and loves the other, then after some time it reverses.

I disagree with elitist, it is just searching for the stuff you like the most and find the best.

Nothing either of them are doing stands out right now in the slightest, and the stuff people are talking about have not interested, so they are easy to ignore.

>Nothing either of them are doing stands out right
>Nothing
So you're an Elitist faggot after all.

Nah, equivalent exchange is still wrong. Young Justice and Beware the Batman ended 3 years ago, and Teen Titans Go is on it's third season. JL: Action isn't out yet, so it's not really worth talking about in this comparison.

The main difference right now is that DC is putting out a little bit of crap that's popular with small chidren, and Marvel is putting out a lot of crap that's mostly ignored.
>Thats my point faggot
Obviously it wasn't, because you proceeded to do a 180 and say DC Animation isn't in a sorry spot right now.

Red = quality
Blue = mediocrity

DC is putting out boring and safe books
Marvel is at least aiming for the fences and gets books like Vision, Gwenpool & Moon Knight
there's a bunch of misses but some really fun stuff
while DCs most interesting things are New Super-Man and.....?

>marvel produces excellent television

Agent Carter and Agents of SHIT are audiovisual diarrhea. JJ is one of the worst cape related things I've ever seen.

Name one time when Sup Forums ever liked Marvel.

Who does Bendis write for again?

Checkmate atheist.

You should actually read some DC books, since you obviously don't.

>muh Vision
Literally the only good book Marvel has had in over ten years, and it's ending.

>marvel
>quality

holy kek, I needed a laff

Always. We fend off the cross board incursion from Sup Forums all the time

Before DCYou. When New52 launched.

EMH is really not in the same league as the DCAU, any of the Batman shows besides maybe Beware the Batman, and YJ.

The second season is awful and the first season is just sort of meandering. It's like G.I.Joe with a few less concept episodes- action sequences and characters tossed in to show them off. There's no emotional core or character to the episodes.

I mean, it can be kind of fun, but it's not a show that thinks very highly of it's viewers.

None of the Marvel Anime were bad except Disk Wars.

>Literally the only good book Marvel has had in over ten years
Mother Fucker read Jms's & Aaron's Thor (prior to Whor)

what the fuck are you talking about

Do you think that everybody that hates Miles or ReeeReee or thinks [UNSOLICITED OPINIONS ON ISRAEL] and ETHICS IN HAMMER WEILDING are stupid is s a special agent sent from Sup Forums?

This is the kind of delusion that causes us to be known as Sup Forumsumblr.

Get AIDs, faggot.

I said "good" not "completely mediocre and forgettable"

Prior to Whor it was garbage aimed at edgy 13 year old boys that just discovered metal music. I guess it's better than post Whor(garbage aimed at mentally retarded people)

The only reason people were mad about N52 was because they liked DC though. That's

>"Edgy"
Burn the fuck in god damn hell for continuing to dismiss anything you dislike that is violent with this retarded word you piece of human trash.

Ultimatum, Nemesis & The Boys is edgy, God Butcher & God Bomb was brilliant poetic beauty and a million light years from "edgy".

I remember being 14

You obviously don't have the maturity to not lump all things violent into one retarded category.
When something is "edgy" it's revels in its grusomness in fetishistic ways, God Butcher & God Bomb didn't do that like the before mentioned books.

>Poetic
>doesn't realize the satire in The Boys
kiiiiiiid read more comics

Literally a child.

Yes the animated films are hit and miss
Bad blood especially was horrible

But yeah I can't think of a single bad dc cartoon outside of maybe Ttgo which is really not that horrible

>>muh Vision
>Literally the only good book Marvel has had in over ten years, and it's ending.
You should actually read some Marvel books, since you obviously don't.

You seem like the retard with the spoon up his ass and his head in the sand. Remember when captain America spouted Hail hydra. This board was flooded with Sup Forums . Sup Forums has had far more marvel threads about how they're outraged by a little progressivism than anything dc has done.

You even spout Sup Forums drone memes while you talk yet claim Sup Forums doesn't infect this board.

Female thor, nazi cap, black spiderman, Carol v ironman. The list goes on of times that shit board floods us with hate spam

>hurr durr everyone who doesn't agree with me is part of muh boogeyman

did you ever stop to think that all those people you think are secret invaders from Sup Forums are just normal users, and that you see their opinions everywhere because the majority of users on this site share those views?

Nah, you're probably right. It's not you- it's everyone else who's wrong

Ebin shitpost. Name one Marvel book better than vision from the last 10 years.

Not the same user, but Fury: My war gone by.

>and that you see their opinions everywhere because the majority of users on this site share those views?
Are you saying Sup Forums is not efficient enough as a containment board?

When New52 books were coming out the board was full of people mocking DC fans and proclaiming DC was dead, DC was shit, why would you be a DC fan when you can read Marvel? Many people asked where to start with Marvel because they were tired of DC.
Now the tides have turned, and because Sup Forums runs on memes and hearsay even though Marvel has quite a few good books (along with bad ones, obviously) DC is the favoured one and you can't have a serious thread about them without newfags and assholes spouting "lol kek cucked reeee BLACKED!!!11" and various shitposting.

>marvel has quite a few good books

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA

Rebirth is an exercise in mediocrity. It's embarrassing how most people fell for the renumbering scheme yet again.

People with shit taste are so easily triggered.

>Silver Surfer - Requiem
>Hickman's Ultimates (despite the resolution)

They'll complain about how shit every decision Marvel and DC makes is in thread after thread, but the moment you suggest that maybe it's better to just read something else you're a pretentious, elitist, hipster fedora-tipper.
Capeshitters are insecure as hell. They get triggered if anyone dares to not like what they like.

DC is the butthole
Marvel is the pussy

>I you don't like it then your a mysoginist!!!

Fuck modern Marvel fans. Also, the people complaining about Hydra Cap thought Hydra was a Nazi Organization. Obviously Sup Forums would have been down with this so your argument goes out the window.

Not even close. Come on... at least this guy had a valid example

>Requiem
>not top tier

Fuck you

This is the only top-tier Requiem, son.
THIS IS NOW AN ALT COMICS THREAD BIG 2 FAGS GET OUT REEEEE

The animation was phenomenal on all of them except the Wolverine one.
And the story for the X-men series, Rise of technovore & the Punish Widow movie was solid.

Moon knight is shit though. It's stupid to compare their main line since one of them have a separate imprint for their out of the box titles now.