Weed

Is weed degenerate Sup Forums? Should it be legal? Discuss

Degenerate shite that turns you slowly into a vegetable over time, then you end up telling everyone gravity is becoming stronger, or try to explain the universe with no knowledge. It's for faggots. /thread.

I'm off the opinion that all drugs should be legal, but certainly weed. Can't think of any sound reason to make it illegal in the first place, from both personal freedom standpoint, and the fact that alcohol, caffeine, and nicotine are legal and widely used.

its fine in moderation.

You're an idiot who doesn't understand how the law should work.
>vegetable over time
Yeah maybe if you do it 24/7, 365 days a year. Not the case with responsible use.
>lists stereotypical stoner experiences
>its for faggots
HUR DUR I DONT LIKE THIS SO ITS FUCKING DUMB AND SHOULD BE ILLEGAL
I think driving a motorcycle is a super dangerous and stupid thing to do, but I'm not going to try and make it illegal.

It's objectively not more degenerate than tobacco, Alcohol or plain normal sugar.

Decriminalized not illegal.

I hate drugs. Drug users need rehab, not prison. Well, depends on what crime they committed.

Drug users take up prison space and taxpayers' money.

Someone got out the wrong side of bed this morning didn't they?

This. Mandatory minimum drug sentencing forces prisons to put non-violent drug offenders away for tens of years, while they parole murderers and rapists to make room.

Not really I just thought the argument user made was incredibly bad lol

>Is weed degenerate Sup Forums?
It's degenerate when you allow it to become part of your identity.
420BLAZEITs- degenerate
Tax paying citizen who likes to occasionally smoke in the privacy of their home- not degenerate
>Should it be legal?
Yes

/threading your own post
Faggot

Keep it criminal.

Ramp up the penalties for intent to sell to include the death penalty.

well i don't know shit about weed but every single person i have met who smokes it is incredibly annoying so part of me doesn't want it to be legal but maybe you're right what the fuck do I know i guess

How about punishing criminal acts instead of personal consumer behaviors and lifestyle choices?

The truth of the matter is that any law that forbids an individual of excersising his free will in regards to himself is a form of slavery.
- Am i hurting someone else?
- Am i causing damage to public or private propierty?

It should be handled like alcohol, tobaco, obesity and all other self destructive behaviors.

It's inmoral to do otherwise and the only reason it's illegal it's due to economic reasons.

not anymore degenerate than browsing Sup Forums is

Yes. Doesn't have to be if stigmatized against.
>muh responsible use
People who use responsibly don't stay that way in my experience. They either stop after several times or end up toking daily until their minds have been corrupted. Long term use causes depression and anxiety. Also most people who use responsibly don't really give a damn about it being legalized, though they do tend to be in favor of decriminalization just because they don't see the point in adolescent kiddos ruining their lives.

From a community logistics standpoint it isn't great for a population because it saps people of motivation and makes people very unproductive. Additionally you're more inclined to comply with any sort dictate or even social norms because the mental fog it induces tends to make people put off problems and 'go with the flow' for time being

It also often acts as a gateway drug for enough people that we shouldn't see it as harmless, and in all actuality it's not.

Remove all the physical damage from the act of smoking and you still place extra work on your kidneys. You still destabalize the chemical balance in the brain leading to change of mood and behaviors (everything from becoming lazy, then fat to serious antisocial tendencies).

It also has a huge impact on memory that can be very frustrating for others in a workplace environment. Also shitty for you when/if you decide to stop and realize you can't really remember the last x amount of years because you were getting stoned regularly

I honestly can't think of a quicker way of going from Chad to beta desu. I've seen it happen many times with my friends when we were in high school. We were all athletes year round, doing fine in school, had good prospects, etc. junior year we all started smoking and we all started falling behind in life little by little because we'd get stoned all the time. Sure we all made it to college and are doing alright now (most of us have just graduated, graduating this year

But we all could have done even better.
In short it's a good way to,destroy your potential and guarantee mediocrity

It's also a financial drain

Basically I wish I had never even started

The thing is, destructive behavior don't just effect you, they effect others as well.

When it starts effecting a community then it becomes something a community has to deal with

It's something people enjoy doing and does no harm. It should be legal. The only reason it's illegal is from ancient stigma and stereotypes.

Sugar is more fucking harmful than weed.

The fact there are absurd numbers of people that are spending years in prison just because they wanted to get stoned is absurd. It's a joke at this point, except not a funny one because those peoples lives are ruined far worse by prison time than they would be from getting stoned.

I find it hilarious how 'murrica is all about MUH FREEDOMS and then they throw you in prison for a decade for smoking a naturally growing plant. Regan just wanted an excuse to put hippies in prison because he didn't get invited to their parties.

Then Netflix and snack food should be illegal. Also video games and online message boards. Also social media.
All those contribute to laziness just as much as weed does, if not more so.

Weed isn't degenerate just it's users.

The obnoxious part of a group is always more visible, though.

idk

Correct. Modern society is on fire.

The products that can be made from hemp are great and various, rivaling the petroleum industry.

Marijuana itself is worthless.

>Is _____ Degenerate?
Yes.

Weed is degenerate but it should be legal, we need a perfect balance of degeneracy in life

>makes you feel good
>has slight medical value, although it doesn't cure cancer (is anyone dumb enough to believe this?)
>might be dangerous

I see no reason it shouldn't be legalized. While I don't use it, the only shit part about I see about it are the DUDE WEEED LMAOO people who worship it.

Those are the fucking DUDE WEEED AYY LMAO fuckers that seem proud of smoking weed. Responsible users don't tell everyone that they smoke.

This.

Weed can replace some pills you would have to take otherwise, but there is no need to glorify it.

Even though i found smoking to be much nicer than having to take anti depresant medicine.

Then ban alcohol, smoking, sexual inuendo in media, more than 2 hours of video games per day, limit access to social media, force people to study and so on and on.
Where do you draw the line? Are you going to force people to do everything "right" for the comunity?

In excess, yes.

Modern society is not on fire because people have a little free will. What you are proposing is removing liberties. You will have to limit more and more things in the name of the common social progress and you will end up with something like the islamic state

It's illegal because there is money in it being illegal. No country spends such a huge amount of money and man power for decades and decades in the name of goodness and social care, don't be naive...

Yes and Yes

Shouldn't be sold in supermarkets.

Should be decriminalised, and fine to grow. So people do the exact same as what they do now but it isn't actively pushed in the regular shops.

Dosage information is very important for all substances. I don't know abou the rest of the world but here alcohol has the units and units per day for men and women printed on the side.

With total blanket illegality the dosage information isn't even discussed and no one knows what too much is. This means more chronic smokers and people not knowing what the effects of being a pothead actually are.