This thread wouldn't've done well on /sci/ (it would essentially just be a one sided conversation) so I'm posting it...

This thread wouldn't've done well on /sci/ (it would essentially just be a one sided conversation) so I'm posting it here.

Why don't some people belive in evolution? Is there actually something wrong with the science behind it, or is it that some people reject it due to religious reasons? I'm looking for both sides of the argument.

Other urls found in this thread:

skeptical-science.com/people/darwin-racist-evolution-promote-racism-darwinday2015/
skeptical-science.com/people/darwin-racist-evolution-promote-racism-darwinday2015
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because of religious reasons, that's really it.

/thread

I don't want people to 'believe in evolution'
I want them to look at the facts at hand and learn how to handle them.

The two most common reasons are creationists mostly from the USA and the Middle East reject it out of religious reasons and the others are intelligent design followers who believe aliens or a deity direct evolution through unknown artificial means.

>1 In the beginning God created the heavens >and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless >and empty, darkness was over the surface of >the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering >over the waters.

First steps of the world being formed, God is in all life starting with single celled organisms.

>And God said, “Let there be light,” and there >was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, >and he separated the light from the darkness. >5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness >he called “night.” And there was evening, and >there was morning—the first day.

Sun was created then the atmosphere formed.

>and God said, “Let there be a vault between >the waters to separate water from water.” 7 So >God made the vault and separated the water >under the vault from the water above it. And it >was so. 8 God called the vault “sky.” And there >was evening, and there was morning—the >second day.

Storms settled after the atmosphere further developed

>And God said, “Let the water under the sky be >gathered to one place, and let dry ground >appear.” And it was so. 10 God called the dry >ground “land,” and the gathered waters he >called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.

Plates shifted oceans were created land formed

>Then God said, “Let the land produce >vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on >the land that bear fruit with seed in it, >according to their various kinds.” And it was >so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants >bearing seed according to their kinds and trees >bearing fruit with seed in it according to their >kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And >there was evening, and there was morning—>the third day.

Plants evolved before animals and insects

>And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault >of the sky to separate the day from the night, >and let them serve as signs to mark sacred >times, and days and years, 15 and let them be >lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the >earth.” And it was so. 16 God made two great >lights—the greater light to govern the day and >the lesser light to govern the night. He also >made the stars. 17 God set them in the vault >of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to >govern the day and the night, and to separate >light from darkness. And God saw that it was >good. 19 And there was evening, and there >was morning—the fourth day.

Light from stars started hitting earth, the moon is formed

Genesis 1:16 God creates the sun and moon later after plants were created.

What is all this?
What about the transitional fossils and just the age of said fossils?

>And God said, “Let the water teem with living >creatures, and let birds fly above the earth >across the vault of the sky.” 21 So God >created the great creatures of the sea and >every living thing with which the water teems >and that moves about in it, according to their >kinds, and every winged bird according to its >kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 God >blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and >increase in number and fill the water in the >seas, and let the birds increase on the earth.” >23 And there was evening, and there was >morning—the fifth day.

Life in the sea evolved first then I'm guessing some sea life evolved to fly before they came to land.

You're right. I wouldn't call myself religious but it really seems like you can interpret evolution in genesis. Not perfectly of course.
Time is relative. A lot more time could have passed then what is said literally in the bible. Evolution could be the tool god used to create us.

you realize that the seeds of fruiting trees have to be spread by animals right? They eat the fruit then shit the seeds far away. Otherwise the fruit would fall to ground right under the parent tree and competition would be be too great for any new trees to grow.

>Evolution deniers always ask why there are no half man half apes running around
>im fucking plying

So you're trying to mix the Bible and science. OK, next question: why is your religion correct and all other religions false?

top kek.
>m.muh missing link
>it's not missing, it's hiding in plain sight

Again I'm not religious but fruit bearing trees may not have always been that way. Trees can reproduce by strong winds blowing the seeds around. Theres always gonna be counter arguments to interpreting the bible this way and arguments against those counter arguments. I think theres validity in the theory and might be fun to explore it further.

Not religious just noticed there are some similarities between the bible and evolution. I think all religions are not entirely true but have a lot of hidden wisdom. Or things they were right about but didn't know why they were right.

> Is there actually something wrong with the science behind it

transversional DNA/RNA mutation happen at extremely slow rates so it really makes you think how the first ribozymes evolved so quickly

Honestly, I really do want to know why it's the right that rejects evolution when the concept of survival of the fittest lines up so much better with right-wing thought.

Jews are using it as a tool to undermine a foundation of the west.

>confirmation bias the post

Its called speculation Fedora bro

It should be a belief Sup Forums welcomes.

Many people, especially libtards, leave out the subtitle of Origin of the Species which says

"Preservation of favored races in the struggle for life"

Darwin was all about how niggers were less evolved.

The entire theory of evolution relies on white and asian supremacy and them being more evolved than other races.

skeptical-science.com/people/darwin-racist-evolution-promote-racism-darwinday2015/

Can someone explain to me what evolution is and what is the evidence

How do you not know what evolution is?

Retarded evolution denier detekted. People who believe this BD should be cleansed from the earth for the betterment of mankind and never ever be allowed to breed

>skeptical-science.com/people/darwin-racist-evolution-promote-racism-darwinday2015

>a fedora liberal website that hates racism and loves Darwin says Darwin isn't racist

good proof

About 5 years ago Sup Forums was almost entirely inhabited by evolutionists. Then the fedora meme got big and it became edgy to be a Creationist and so a bunch of retards ran with it. Also Trump seems to inspire people to act like raging christfags

What that we came from monkeys or some other stupid bullshit?

> can someone briefly explain a whole branch of biology to me?

organisms adapt to their environment
happy?

change in heritable traits over generations.

Nigger races in that context just means species. If you read the book you'd know that.

thats it? Why do people use it as proof against God then?

When did Sup Forums become THIS stupid?

Because god supposedly shit out everything as is. Evolution claims that organisms changed over time

Where does it say that in the bible and I agree everything changes over time

>Where does it say that in the bible
Presumably the same place where it says God evolution'd everything.