What did she specifically do that would be considered legendary...

What did she specifically do that would be considered legendary? Didnt she mostly just get her ass kicked and carried by her friends?

Ended the spiritual lineage of the Avatar Cycle and forced it to begin again with her, let the spirit of light die so it had to reincarnate, let spirits roam the Earth at will despite previous Avatars knowing enough to keep the two worlds separate and balanced.

She connected the human and spirit worlds. It's the equivalent of Obama proving that ghosts exist and setting up plans for ghost immigration.

She was a hot lesbian. So, there's that.

>ghost immigration
I don't want my tax-dollars going to the ghost-welfare state, we need to build some sort of ghost-wall.

Wow, she really IS the worst Avatar ever.

nah, that would be Aang, whose cowardice started a 100 year war and wiped out the entire air nation.

They got better, besides he was like 10 and kind of a pussy to begin with.

Her legacy was letting the world realise they don't need the avatar

>They got better

Thanks to Korra.

Except when a mad bloodbender is starting a revolution and was easily able to defeat the police force and military that tried to stop him. Or when a team of supervillains starts killing off world leaders without anyone standing in their way to stop them. Or a power hungry dictator threatens to conquer the world using giant mechs and spirit-lasers.

My biggest problem is that when spirits do encroach on the physical world, Korra basically lets half of Republic City sit in vines for the entire series and, since the city doesn't seem to expand at any point, people were left without homes because Korra decided keeping the spirits was a good idea. Hell, the spirits don't even respect her so they never fall back even when she asks.

That's more of an issue where most benders are poorly trained and can't do much. They get steam rolled by better trained benders

>non-benders want to stop getting fucked over for not being born special
>freedom-fighters seek to decapitate corrupt governments actively suppressing citizenry
>"stop going after world leaders, except this one I don't like!"

Forget Korra, but the side characters were neat

>whose cowardice started a 100 year war

That was Roku's fault, not Aang's. Aang actually did a decent job apart from letting Ozai live.

>If I can't be born special, I want you to not be special either!

Yeah, fuck those guys. Benders are Homo superiors, they SHOULD be the ones ruling over the lesser people.

meant to quote

Non-benders like pic related deserve subjugation for not being born lucky in the genetic lottery?

Worst Avatar was Wan.
Humans had a pretty good thing going until mr. Spirit-Lover came and fucked everything up.

No, thanks to Unalaq, who opened the portal

Korra just decided to keep the portal open, just, "cause"

>non-benders want to stop getting fucked over for not being born special

>implying that non benders were facing any discrimination.

>who are Mako/Bolin's parents
>who are the Equalists

She decided to be gay at the last minute.

No, but Amon's revolution wasn't about fighting for rights and better treatment of non benders, but was about taking away the rights of benders and steal their powers just because they happened to be born lucky.

Calling equalists non-benders facing discrimination is like calling ISIS muslims facing discrimination

So whenever something bad happened because of the opening of the portal and the merging of the 2 worlds, it's because of Korra and not Unalaq. But when it's about the positive side effects, like the restoration of airbending, it's because of Unalaq and Korra had nothing to do with it. Gotcha.

Being gay isn't a choice.
She obviously was always carried bi-curious, and found a good chance to finally experiment.

This.

I understand the idea of letting spirits and the mortal world live in harmony kind of makes sense from a balance perspective.

But you can't just throw open the gates to the spirit world and then walk away and clap the dust off your hands.

You're supposed to maintain balance. That requires actual fucking work. Diplomacy and patience.

Skills korra glaringly lacked.

I thought people don't need the avatar anymore.

>She obviously was always carried bi-curious
Weird how she was constantly among the most beautiful women on the planet and never once showed a single iota of interest until the end.

you are fucking stupid

Watch darker spirits than Koh or otherwise waddle into the physical realm. I think Koh got resolved sort of in the comics but imagine that big spider waltzing up inside Republic City.

Korra being a shitty avatar is in no way a fault on the series and I'm tired of people acting like it is.

A series about a shitty avatar is perfectly fine. In fact, season three was good because it showed us the consequences of this; even if she did beat the Red Lotus in the end. Legend of Korra just had plenty of other problems including reducing their villains to mustache twirling caricatures, lackluster romances, and general pacing.

>who are Mako/Bolin's parents

Victims of urban crime. Its not like you need to be a bender to try to rob someone. A nigga tried to rob Iroh on Ba Sing Se with a knife.

Equalists doesn't have a single good complain, their entire ideólogo was based on the false claim that Amon was choose by spirits to change the world, when he was just a bender that would.never be able to find every bender on the City.

Amon would probably never even be able to hold Republic City two months, before being kicked out of it by other armies

This is another part of her character arc I really hate.

>Hey Korra, focus on getting back on your feet, okay? You don't need to worry about us, we're getting along fine.
>YOU INSENSITIVE ASSHOLE YOU THINK I WANT TO HEAR THAT YOU'RE DOING OKAY WITHOUT SUCKING ON THE TEAT OF THE AVATAR?

Any other Avatar would have been fucking THRILLED that the world managed to balance itself out on its own during their tenure.

What you say is true, a series about a shit avatar is not a problem. But when people defend her and say she's a great avatar, the counters are valid and you shouldn't get annoyed at them.

It's sort of just tradition at this point to make a Korra thread and poop on her.

More like random side effects of just opening the portals like airbending returning would be Unalaqs fault since he got her to do it (assuming that's what brought back airbending)

While lasting effects like spirits being back to fuck shit up is Korras fault since she decided not to close the portals again.

It's two entirely different thing to just open them and have some immediate effects, and deciding to merge the two worlds forever despite everyone else in your position thinking it's a bad idea.

When you're controlled by other people looking to pander, it is a choice.

Is it really Unalaqs fault though? Perhaps some but definitely not even the majority. Instigation, sure. He got her to open one portal out of deceit and trickery. However the second portal was entirely Korras fault and she traded the safety of the world for one individual.

She opened it because he told her to, in fact her original plan was to close the portals then and there. So yeah i do think any random effects from just opening the portals would be his fault. Like Vaatu getting freed, RC being overrun with vines, maybe airbenders returning.

On the other hand it is Korras fault that there are spirits everywhere, that RC is still overrun with vines (even worse at the end) etc.

No. She opened one portal because of him. She opened the second because of a threat against Jinora, and that's the only reason.

She opened this portal when she had a choice. Her fault.

>and she traded the safety of the world for one individual

Has there ever been a cartoon that had the character choose the face of the world and not the individual?

no fuck off

So yeah, she was forced into opening the other portal. Even if she had a choice (i don't really think she did), he still made her to it against her will.

So, his fault.

Oh, so you're saying she was forced to open the second portal when Vaatu wouldn't be freed if she hadn't? You're saying Korra didn't have a choice to risk the entire world for Jinora when Unalaq in actuality needed her to open it because she was the only one and if she hadn't Season 2 Finale would have ended at Episode 9?

Gotchoo senpai

Post more short-haired Korra.

Roku started the war

All Aang did was be a 12 year old who pacifist who shat his pants at the propect of war.
And he didn't even hide for all that time. He literally got trapped in a storm

No, she had a choice. Unalaq needed her to open it. If he didn't, why would he ask her too? The convergence wouldn't open the other portal, and 10,000 years would have to happen again before another convergence.

He needed her to open the portal, it was his only chance for releasing Vaatu that the show gave. She had a choice, she chose to save Jinora. There was no forcing, she could choose.

>The safety of the world
>An individual

Gee user, nice autism.

Not arguing that user. I do agree with you. I just am poking holes in that anons logic. It's not logical, but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy it.

No. You have to look in anime to find those.

The spirit part really bothers me, as they've been shown throughout seasons 2 and 4 to be chaotic evil or just selfish pricks.

It's like some cultist opening the doors to Hell, letting demons roam the Earth, and everyone somehow being okay with it and even praising the one responsible.

this thread is fucking stupid

>water girl has her arms

VERY CUTE BUT NOT CANNON

Thanks for the contribution tumblr

Two words
>Forced Drama

>and everyone somehow being okay with it and even praising the one responsible.

The only ones who praised her is Tenzin because it makes his life easier. And Jinora because she got to feel special. And Tenzin's family and Korra's close friends but Tenzin's family and Korra's close friends were more by association of their work together rather than the end result.

Tenzin stated Korra has achieved more in her few years as an Avatar than most Avatars have accomplished in their entire lives , barring Aang probably. The fact that she will probably have at least another century as an Avatar will just further ensure she will be one of the best known Avatars along with Aang and Yangchen.

you sound fucking stupid

Fuckin ectobacks should go back to their own realm, ain't enough jobs fur the botha' us

shhh thay will call you tumblr if you talk good about the show

>Any other Avatar would have been fucking THRILLED that the world managed to balance itself out on its own during their tenure.

Any other Avatar would have lived a life of a normal person rather than find out they must live up to Aang at age 3.
Korra did like that the world was able to balance itself. Korra didn't like that she couldn't contribute directly, not that she wasn't the center of attention.

actually that was a pretty smart move, killing him would have removed him as a threat but humiliating him by removing his bending and them imprisoning him not only removed him as a threat but removed any possibility of lingering emperor worship from the fire nation

>Ming Hua throwing up the double peace signs
>Tousled bedhair Pl'i

Please no boner I need that blood dios mio

Tenzin was bias, and was probably just trying to cheer her father's recent incarnation up. Besides, we actually don't know much of what the other avatars have done other then that Roku was a failure who let doubt the nations when they needed him most, and that Kuruk was apparently irresponsible Avatar.

Letting a child die to save face isn't really a choice user, i know you like being edgy but this isn't the real world it's a fantasy show where the hero can't sacrifice innocents for their own convenience,

So while it is true that she technicly had a choice, it wasn't a real option to let Jinora die given the genre of the show.

this show... god, I hate it.

They accomplished the same as Aang, while damning the world to be eternally out of balance the world is pretty much worse off now than it has been for the last 10k years.

>started the War
What?

>Roku started the War
What?

Korra didn't even need to Be in the spirit world in the first place. That's the retardation of it. She knew that Unalaq needed both portals open and still goes to the spirit world.

Korra could just Not go to the spirit world, you do realize that.

>given the gente of the show
"Sorry guys, but show dictates that i have to save Jinora"
I think i didn't watch that part of the episode

Tenzin also said getting the past lives killed was a good thing

Sure they could have stayed out, but that still doesn't make her want to open the portal, and it still doesn't mean she had a real choice in the matter once they where allready there.

>I think i didn't watch that part of the episode
I'm sorry you can't into tropes, but it doesn't make it any less true.

>The next avatar after Korra only has Korra to consult with after the Dark Avatar raped the avatars out of Raava
He/she is so fucking screwed.

She had the choices of NOT go risk herself and Jinora in the spirit world, and she had the choices of chosing to save earth from Satan.

Look, i'm not saying Korra is a bad character for chosing to save a girl, it would still make it her fault, but by no mean this makes her sonehow a bad character, just more sentimental. I don't blame her that much for opening the portals (even if it IS her fault), but for getting them open.

Someone down the line also has to deal with having Vaatu inside them.

Which reminds me, did she actually kill Unalaqs spirit off or would he be a "DARK" Avatar past life? Because if he is, whoever follows Korra is even more fucked.

Letting them open***

Vaatu is sealed inside Raava inside the Avatar. Vaatu will not have any influence whatsoever unless someone pulls him out. And even then humans are using the energy he was firing off even more destructively.

>Tenzin also said getting the past lives killed was a good thing
He said that we should move forward.
Then he doublebacked and wanted everyone to follow old airbending ways.
He's Tenzin.

Bryke said it is inside the avatar, and some day another avatar will have to deal with it. Só yeah, she just set him free.

BUILD A WALL MADDY!

Bryke forgot their own lore.

All an Avatar would have to do is close the portals 9,999 years from then for a day and the problem is averted.

It was a risk they took, for some reason they must have assumed Vaatu would get free if they didn't close the portal and went inside as they considered it the safest approach. Once they're in there it's not really her fault for Jinora getting captured and Unalaq using her to force Korra to open the last portal.

It is however Korra own choice to keep the portals open, so whatever bad shit happened because of that decision is her fault. It also her actions that lead to a new portal being opened which by all means should fuck everything up aswell, and she also chose to keep that one open (i guess).

Vaatu and Raava would return to the Wan episode state inside the avatar after some time as they are connected to each other, not really trapped. Besides my thinking was more about him influencing/talking to the new avatar, he might get them to do some pretty nasty things.

Yeah i know, but i was thinking about Unalaq specificly.

No user, tenzin actually said it would be a good thing, because 'they were too old'. He even said it 'depends if who you ask'

I don't think you understand: Vaatu is NOT trapped in the tree, he is free, so there is no 10.000 years thing anymore.

How would that work?

>once they're in its not her fault.
Even this i would put the blame on her since they were there because she proposed it, even tough she had visions showing her Unalaq needs both portals (Wan episodes). She also knew already that Unalaq cannot open the second portal without her, so it's just a bad decision to go there to close the first portal.

>not only removed him as a threat but removed any possibility of lingering emperor worship from the fire nation

Except it didn't. Zuko's biggest problems were people who were still loyal to Ozai and his plans.

She might have known both portals needed to be open (though i'm not sure), but she was under the impression that he in fact didn't need her, he bluffed when they tried to free her dad, that Unalaq didn't need her anymore.

In most things related to book 2 however i'd rather blame the writers since most characters do weird and out of character things, or things they should know won't work the way they intend. And still they do it so the plot can move forward.

>so there is no 10.000 years thing anymore.
Right. So he's trapped for good unless an Avatar is killed in the Avatar State. Then he and Raava are free to roam around. Vaatu to run about and Raava to chase him because she likes to wrestle.

>What?

Technically, it was Sozin who started the war. But fault lies with Roku because he didn't put Sozin down at the most justifiable time when it was apparent that Sozin was attempting global domination.

>I know you feel like the entire world just landed on your shoulders, but you need to CENTER yourself. The Lotus can fill you in on what you can and need to do, if they're not all wiped out already.
>Don't lose lose your bending or we'll be up the Styx again. And whatever you do, DO NOT tell anyone WHO you are or WHAT your destiny is, or they'll put you on a quick pilgrimage to the crematorium. Do what I tell you: FIND the Lotus, then GET trained.
>Don't trust the negress

>What did she specifically do that would be considered legendary?
She's the first lesbian avatar and killed off all the previous avatars so now she's the avatar prime.

>She also knew already that Unalaq cannot open the second portal without her, so it's just a bad decision to go there to close the first portal.

She didn't know for absolute certain though. Just like no one knew about Raava and Vaatu except for Kuruk who said it cryptically in that flashback. A spirit swallowed her up when you would think the spirits would be trying to ensure the Avatar didn't die so she could be used to open the second portal.
But instead the spirits were hounding her.

>a mad bloodbender is starting a revolution and was easily able to defeat the police force and military that tried to stop him
she didn't actually stop the revolution. It is said at the beginning of S02 that the nonbenders actually got some rights, and even elected Raiko

>a team of supervillains starts killing off world leaders without anyone standing in their way to stop them
she is not the one that stopped them

>a power hungry dictator threatens to conquer the world using giant mechs and spirit-lasers
the one that defeated her giant mecha-- the thing that actually makes her powerful-- was Mako.

Actually no. Vaatu will be reborn in Raava, who has chooses to follow the spirit of her host's successors and be the Avatar. Since Vaatu will be reborn in her, he'll be bound to her again for the next 10,000 years.

Harmonic Convergence will always happen every 10,000 years. The only thing it changes is if Raava remains dominant, then things go on as they did the previous 10,000 years. If Vaatu, then they get another Dark Avatar and shit goes to hell for 10,000 years.

>Technically, it was Sozin who started the war
>technically
you mean: 'it was Sozin who started the war'

>fault lies with Roku because he didn't put Sozin down
you do realize not stopping is not the same as starting, right? You can't blame someone for Not doing anything. That's different from what Korra did, since her actions directly caused the shit that was going on.

best, first, and last avatar confirmed.

>she didn't actually stop the revolution
The point of the revolution was for Amon to remove all bending and to have statues and pictures of himself everywhere.
That didn't happen.

>she is not the one that stopped them
No one else would have stopped them if they weren't hanging around her. Her team stopped them. A team that she has around her who exist because she gathers them together. The general didn't stop the enemy, the general's soldier stopped them so the general didn't do anything so remove him and don't pay him.

>the one that defeated her giant mecha-- the thing that actually makes her powerful-- was Mako.

And how did Mako get in there if not for Korra freezing it long enough for Hiroshi to kill himself opening the way in with Asami's piloting skills? The mech didn't even need to be destroyed, the head (Kuvira) just needed to be cut off.

Hajime always considers the bigger picture and makes her decisions based on what is beneficial to everyone.
The first thing she dealt with, was illegal immigrant aliens and discovered that the whole conflict was based on a communication error.

She is practically the polar opposite of Korra in almost every regard.