DC REBIRTH

Okay, the thing that really intrigues me about Rebirth's success is: are people working on all those high selling #1s and 2s and 3s now considered A-list, or does everyone politely aknowledge that they are pretty much blanks who did a "good" job not shitting up already-made templates.

King, Tomasi, Jurgens, Palmiotti, Conner, Jimenez, Seeley, Percy are outselling Bendis, Spider-Man, Snyder, Morrison and every other record-setter of the past ten years.

All the praise is for people making fresh and interesting stories again instead of just redoing the same company wide events year after year. If you've read one Bendis event, you've read them all.

Also Rebirth has managed to shake things up here and there without lazily killing or replacing characters for shock value with little to no relevant reason other than glorified clickbait.

Also it should be pointed out everyone is shitting on Jurgens and Action Comics because he's doing the same thing Marvel's doing: rehashing the same story yet again. Jurgens literally can't write anything other than the same Doomsday stories ad nauseum.

Meanwhile every other Rebirth title is trying something new and so far it's been a success.

You didn't answer my question or even speculated on it.

A-list/B-list/C-list have little to do with quality and more with the image you built for your publishers.

Your question is stupid. Ranking people in tiers is completely subjective. You're just trying to bait the Bendisfags

Are you dumb? Ranking creators and characters in tier is a decade-spanning practice. My answer doesn't have a definitve question unless we get a DC executive in here, it's specualtion.

No one would ever think a Tomasi or a Jimenez book would ever sell 100+k. And if that happened without the Rebirth push they would instantly be considered top tier material.

>All the praise is for people making fresh and interesting stories again
>the most popular and praised among them being literally Reign of the Supermen II: Jurgens' Revenge
DC was doing fresh and interesting stories with DCYou. Rebirth is the opposite of fresh and interesting.

>All the praise is for people making fresh and interesting stories again
Are you reading the same comics I am? WW has literally been doing her origin story so far

>everyone does it so it can't be subjective!

Go back to your safespace, Bendis

>Marvel has majority market share by renumbering
Fucking bullshit company tactics

>DC has equal majority market share by renumbering
Amazing success. Truly a company that wants to build up B-lister writers and artists.

DC renumbered in 2011 and then again 5 years later.

Its hard to keep up with how often Marvel renumbered in the past 5 years

>If you've read one Bendis event, you've read them all.
No Siege is notably better then AVX & VASTLY better then Age of Ultron.

3 I think

>WW has literally been doing her origin story so far
BUT ITS SO FRESH AND SHIT
DC IS NUMBAH ONE FOREVER NOW

There is a fundamental difference. Marvel is doing the renumbering every six months, not after 5 years. DC at least with this relaunch tries to deliver some character driven stories of better quality, bringing back classic heroes, instead of killing them and replace them during shitty events.

Action is a rehash
Batman is going through another "Batman dies" episode
Wonder Woman is literally doing her origins again.
Green Arrow is losing his fortune and banging Black Canary again.
Nightwing has to prove he is more than light-Batman again

The only comic that's so different comes on top of my head is Blue Beetle and Titans. Maybe Batgirl.

>character driven stories of better quality
To be fair, the bar of "better quality" is the New 52, which is stupendously low.

AvX isn't a Bendis event. Not really. It was written by committee. 5 different writers, each one wrote 2 issues, which is why it's so inconsistent. The two issues by Hickman are actually really good.

Please. There is also Aquaman, Superdad, Supersons, and a bunch of awesomely fresh Hanna Barbera titles which are awesome. All these titles are fresh enough.

Still is much better from Marvel's quality crap hero vs hero events, in which the so called heroes are behaving as a bunch of insupportable assholes.

Aquaman is also a rehash

> arthur has to prove he's not lame but humans are being dicks

It's hilarious how people are calling Flash good when it's mediocre at best. When your bar is Manapul's bland writing, people accept shit as golden

>Rebirth has managed to shake things up here and there without lazily killing or replacing characters

The AvX actually is one of the worst events ever. All the characters involved have been forced to be writen completely out of character, for making this event happen.

What a nice little Marvelfag containment thread.

Remember to go buy those stacks of Civil War 2 books guys. We dont want Mr. Bendis to be disappointed!

Try again drone. This was not the real Superman as was revealed lately.

Actually it's much more intriguing from that. Aquaman tries to make Atlantis part of the rest of the world, with all the political consequences coming with it.

>Aquaman
Good, but a blatant rehash. There's pretty much nothing new or fresh about it. It's just another good Aquaman run that feels almost indistinguishable from the last 5 good Aquaman runs. It's also not as good as Johns' New 52 run.

>Superdad
Literally Reign of the Supermen II. The Superman ongoing is pretty good, but Action Comics is hot fucking garbage, and even Superdad isn't a particularly new or fresh idea when we already had Chris Kent pre-FP.

>Supersons
Could be great, but not only is it not even out yet, but they keep fucking delaying it explicitly because they want to spread out there #1s to boost their market share.

>a bunch of awesomely fresh Hanna Barbera titles which are awesome
Flintstones is the best book either of the Big 2 are putting out, I'll give you that. Other than that and Future Quest though, the rest of the HB books are a mix of mediocre to bad.

The fact that it was written by committee is what makes it so awful. It's not nearly as bad as Age of Ultron though.

Drone try again on diminishing everything.

Scooby Apocalypse it's great.

Superman as a father and superhero is something very cool to see it happen.

Aquaman has a lot of political thriller going on, which makes it very appealing

Yeah man, because Superman: Grounded was so much better than Superman: Truth.

>Good
Don't make me laugh.

Age of Ultron is the worst event in the recent comic book history, but this does not make AvX much better.

Still miles better than the Captain Hydra crap.

Sure, but that doesn't make it good.

How recent are we talking? Because I'd put AoU as the third worst event in recent comic book history after Ultimatum as #1 and Identity Crisis as #2. AoU may have been horrible but it also didn't really have any effects on the main line since it was, for all intents and purposes, an alt-universe story. Ultimatum was awful and destroyed the Ultimate Universe and Identity Crisis had rampant character assassination and was directly responsible for setting the stage of years of horrible failed attempts at being edgy for DC.

>Superman as a father and superhero is something very cool to see it happen.
Then you should go back and read the pre-FP arcs with Chris Kent.

It's good enough to me.

>relentlessly defends mediocre comics and gets triggered when anyone raises valid criticisms against them
>has the audacity to call other people drones
Bravo. If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were just a Marvel shill attempting to falseflag to make DCfriends look bad.

Of course. But it's cool to see the pre-FP Supes, after 5 long years. Call it nostalgia but i love it.

I just read the Batman: Rebirth and thought it was funny Batman doesn't want a black Robin. He needs his white, black haired blue eyed fuckbois

We already had Superman: Lois & Clark with DCYou, and that was good without having to completely shit all over Superbro and drag his name through the mud all to appease some butthurt nostalgiafags that refused to even give Superbro a chance.

Fair enough. Now go and defend your overpriced Bendis's and Slott's crap. Madiocre at least is better from garbage, like Marvel has turned to currently.

This is the opposite of the truth

Superbro has been characterized as "dark and edgy". A lot of fans whave been against this version, you like it or not.

The current Superman is darker and edgier.

>blatantly lying on the internet
Don't start this again

Also a lot of fans have been against the N52 version of Lois, or about Superbro's relationship with Diana. Or we already forgot all these threads against him?

>go into a DC thread to talk about DC
>B-B-B-BUT MARVEL
I'm almost positive that most of the "Rebirth is the greatest thing of all time with no flaws whatsoever! Jurgens, Humphries and Lobdell are 10/10 writers!" are just Marvelfag shitposters at this point. It's the only way to explain how you faggots love mediocre rehashes so much with the only defense being "but Marvel is worse!"

I don't give a fuck about Marvel. I prefer DC. And as someone who prefers DC and has been buying their comics for the past 20 years: Rebirth is the smallest my pull list has been since 2009. Maybe you prefer having 30 mediocre books over having 10 great books, but I certainly don't.

But hey man, don't let me Reign on your parade. Feel free to read yet another Wonder Woman origin retelling, yet another rainbow lanterns war, yet another Evil Speedster arc, and 6 more issues of Superman punching Doomsday.

Lying? Go back and read all the anti-N52 Supes threads, and then we talk about lying.

So you loved the N52 relaunch better i presume?

Yeah man, all those anti-New 52 Superman threads that were filled with people that never even read any New 52 Superman and were just throwing temper tantrums over every little change that they heard about through a game of greasy comic shop telephone.

Yeah, New 52 Lois Lane wasn't very good, I'll give you that, but nothing about her couldn't have been fixed. Killing her off just because some shit taste assholes on the internet kept screaming "NOT MUH!" is bullshit.

DC is really profiting from the fact that Marvel's content right now is garbage. There's only a handful of great titles at DC with the majority of their comics being mediocre, but then again the state of the I dustry is fire, no publisher is doing anything extraordinary at the moment and are mostly putting out mediocre stuff. Except for marvel, they're mostly publishing garbage.

It was better.

Then why the majority of the commenters and reviewers on the comic book sites hated it?

New 52 was 1/3rd fantastic and 2/3rds absolute garbage. Rebirth so far has been 4/5ths mediocre, 1/10th good and 1/10th bad.

I didn't like what the New 52 did to the universe itself, and I'm glad Rebirth is folding some stuff from post-crisis back in, but there were still far more quality books that were worth reading in the first year of the New 52 than Rebirth.

Because the majority of commenters and reviewers on comic book sites have awful taste? The majority of commenters and reviewers of comic book sites think Bendis is the greatest writer of all time, so I don't see why you would take their word for anything.

Because theiy're retarded nostalgiafags

Well this is true in a certain degree, lol.

Batgirl of Burnsy is shit-tier and I'd retcon her as a Manhattan clone anyday of the real deal anyday just to spite her fanbase. Give me Mrs. Dick Grayson from Convergence

Go back and read the actual N52 Supes comics
You know Sup Forums doesn't actually read comics

>lol
Rebirthfags, everybody.

God that first year was so good. I miss it Sup Forums

Yeah but this single page from JLA origins ruined him for alots of people. He will be missed.

DC is performing a curb stomp symphony on Marvels neck

Who needs literally who garbage like Demon Knights and All-Star Western when we have Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Flash double-shipping. That's twice the a-list books per month with such great writers as Dan Jurgens, Greg Cucka, and Robert Venditti and all it cost us were some low selling c-list garbage that no one was reading in the first place.

But hey, at least Lobdell's Red Hood is still ongoing.

This. It's fucking hilarious to see all these marvelfags ITT trying shill their garbage Slott, Bendis and SJW pandering comics and talking shit on some of the most innovative and genre-defining comics the industry has seen in years.

Feels good to be a DCfriend.

OP here, you guys suck. What's the sport in having the same fucking conversation with the same fucking argumants day after day.

Or your taste is just spectacularly shit.

Just ignore the marvelfags, OP. They can't help themselves but shitpost in any rebirth thread they see. It's just the death throes of a dieing breed.

Batman right now is better than those titles you mentioned user. You have a point other than that though.

>Blue Beetle

That's debatable.

No, I don't think so.

I don't care my man.

The question went unanswered and the thread got derailed and the both or however many there are sides of you are to blame.

It's the worst book King has written. He is, by his own admission, dumbing down his works for mass appeal. Putting King on Batman is the single biggest waste of talent I've ever seen, and then putting FINCH on art is a slap in the face.

Is it good? Sure. I'd maybe be impressed by it if it weren't for the fact that it's being writtten by the best writer DC.

You're just wrong. Started out a bit slow but Batman along with Deathstroke ate the only two truly great cape comics right now.

>Otto Schmidt
So where's the penis?

Batman is mediocre, it has done nothing to deserve the praise it gets.

>Rebirth
>fresh and interesting
Is this a new meme or something?

Demon Knights was the most fun I've had reading DC in the past 5 years, with the exception of maybe Grayson.

King is such a good litmus test for comic reviewers. You look at his books from before people knew to like him and can see if the reviewer knows anything about comics or not.

There are 5 Carol books alone

Demon Knights was a fucking awful book that treated Madame Xanadu, Sir Yistin and Etrigan terribly.

Fuck that comic. I'll never understand why people like that shit.

All-Star Western also had a pretty big dip in quality from the previous Jonah Hex ongoing. It was obvious that Palmiotti and Grey had no more ideas for arcs.

Why?

Go read Wagner's Madame Xanadu, Morrison's Seven Soldiers: Shining Knight and Ennis' The Demon to educate youself.

Not as part of line-wide relaunches though. The only line-wide relaunches Marvel has done in the past 5 years were:
>Marvel NOW
>ANAD Marvel

Versus DC's
>New 52
>Rebirth

If you count non-linewide relaunches, then it becomes:
>Marvel NOW
>All-new Marvel NOW
>Avengers NOW
>ANAD Marvel
>Marvel NOW 2

Versus DC's: