I think we can all agree that organic webbing is a million times better than those silly webshooters

I think we can all agree that organic webbing is a million times better than those silly webshooters.

Other urls found in this thread:

phys.org/news/2015-11-insect-dna-sequenced-black-widow.html
marvel.com/universe/Spider-Man's_Web-Shooters
iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/spiders-identified-dna-extracted-their-web/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ITT: OP admits their a gargantuan casual.

they look quite good

organic web is retarded tho

back to Sup Forums

>using briefs
Enjoy your crushed nuts.

>organic web is retarded tho

Much less retarded than mechanical ones.

Yes

Shooter fags need not reply

Webbing produced organically but needing webshooters to actually be used.

moviefags.

Yes.

One thing I loved about Raimi's work was getting rid of the artificial web shooters.

nah

How would it even work from an anatomical stand point? Peter would have giant bulbous growths on his wrists.

>b-b-but they'd be inside his wrists
Right, and we already have stuff there (bones, muscles, tendons, etc). You would either have to heavily alter that stuff, too, or have big tumor-looking sacks.

So tell me, how is that "less retarded"?

Organic web with mechanical shooters is the only correct choice

>confirmed for knowing nothing about Spider-Man.

If you're a despicable casual, sure.

Not that user, but are you really trying to use real-world logic in an argument about capes, user?

>creating an entire organ, that would take a lot of energy to maintain, is less retarded than a mechanical shooter

Yes, growing a whole new organ inside your body is somehow less retarded than a simple gadget.

Cameron was planning something like that

Why didn't he just patent the them as a non lethal weapon. If they can be produced decently en masse by a teenager then they shouldn't be super resource intensive and with a simple military or security contract he'd be a millionaire with the added benefit of saving a bunch of lives with his tech?

How does he easily lift and throw cars without having muscles that look like watermelons? Huh. I guess his fantastical super powers that came from a radioactive spider changed his anatomy and the molecular structure of his body. Perhaps his muscles became super dense and therefore don't need to be extremely large. Perhaps a tiny organ could fit inside his forearm, being surrounded by super dense muscle that can easily squirt webbing out with extreme force simply by contracting. Huh.

Also, do you always question how super heroes can do the stuff they do with such rigorous science and reality-minded questioning or is it just here?

No, if I was, I would be bitching that the webbing should come out of his ass.

this is the best route desu

Has there ever been a case of villians or thieves breaking into a superheros home specifically to steal their tech and distribute it to the masses? There's so many hero's and villians who could make the world better by sharing their tech

ORGANIC WEB SHOOTERS?! ONLY STEERS AND QUEERS LIKE ORGANIC WEBBING, AND YOU DON'T LOOK MUCH LIKE A STEER TO ME SOME THAT KINDA HELPS NARROW IT DOWN.

Did you read the Cameron script? It was utter shit.

I guess that's much more silly than Bruce Banner turning into a giant monster by gaining body mass out of nowhere within a few seconds. It's not like both powers come from some sort of radioactive factor thereby being able to use science for any effect desired as if it were magic.

Organic webbing doesn't show that Peter is smart, creating his own webshooters and his own web formula do.

How do ants lift things many many times bigger and heavier than them when they're so small? Same logic.

That's how I see it.

Web shooters show off parker's nerdy side more

He tried to sell the webbing but was rejected because it melts after a few minutes.

That effect stops working if you go from ant size to human size. Do you not understand basic science? The real world doesn't work like in your comics mate.

It wouldn't come out of his wrists if it were a spider mutation.

>How does he easily lift and throw cars without having muscles that look like watermelons?

You have no idea how muscles work, do you?

How the fuck a gadget is more retarded than a dude gaining mass 'out of nowhere'? Care to explain?

square-cube law
an ant-sized human would actually be ridiculously stronger than an ant-sized ant

This is dumb. Do you mean a needle perpetually piercing his wrist to let the web out and a shooting device to launch it around?

He developed an entirely new sense as well as the ability to stick to any surface but developing some glands in his arms would go too far? lol

>Why didn't he just patent the them as a non lethal weapon.

Try reading a comic or two, filthy moviefag.

Every time I think of the mechanical web shooters, I imagine how ridiculous the first pitch for spiderman must have been.
>We got this new character: Spiderman! He's got all the powers of a spider! Wall climbing, sharp senses, he can even carry fifty times his weight like a spider can!
>Can he create webs?
>Oh no he needs a gadjet for that.

I understand that you can't go from lifting 200 pounds to lifting 10000 without any significant change of anatomy or molecular structure.

>Also, do you always question how super heroes can do the stuff they do with such rigorous science and reality-minded questioning or is it just here?

They have to follow some level of believable internal logic. It doesn't have to be real-world logic, but it has to make sense.

There is no way organics work that is believable, without just saying, "Its magic! Deal with it!" Especially when regarding a heavily science-oriented character.

>Organic Webshooters
>Peter sprays his DNA all over the city just by swinging around
>Now every geneticist in Manhattan can clone Spider-man or replicate his powers
>Peter's secret identity gets fucked.

Yeah. Great idea.

Best use of this quote I have ever seen. Bravo.

dont even argue with OP
let him be stupid and wrong by himself

Was the webshooter Steve or Stan's idea?

>get called a casual by comicfags for not liking something stupid and inane

>thinking that spiderweb contains DNA

Read a book. An actual book, not a comic book.

Even if it did they could just say since he's some sort of mutant his webbing doesn't contain any DNA. Holy shit what a game changer! It's almost as if you can writer whatever you want once you establish that radioactivity is involved!

(you)

The sense and wall crawling abilities aren't new organs, though. Its effectively low level clairvoyance and telekinesis, as he pulls the electromagnetic fields of items closer to his body to cling on to things.

The scientific genius who does almost nothing with his intellect but just fucks around in a shitty job is part of his appeal. For obvious reasons.

The mechanical webshooters are a constant reminder of this.

Tell that to Mas Oyama and the bulls he killed with his bare hands (sometimes liquefying their internals with just a punch).

Comicfags have always preferred pandering over narrative coherency. Remember all the years of damage control for ASM?

>b-but its l-less retarded!

World's most colossal faggot.

Ummm....

phys.org/news/2015-11-insect-dna-sequenced-black-widow.html

Capeshit is the worst medium.

In the House of M universe, he did, and he sold it to the NYPD.

In 616, he pitched the substance around to various potential buyers, but they all hated the idea of it dissolving in an hour and kicked Peter out.

I assume they meant Peter produces it
from some gland, extracts it somehow, bottles it and then repurposes it.

I can see some advantages, namely it acting like regenerating health so even if he ran out of cartridges during the day he'd have a day's worth within him to reload. He can still tamper with the formula like normal too to decide how long it lasts or how it shapes.

However, I STILL agree it's dumb because ultimately even if it allows for regenerating webbing it limits how much he can make now since the cap would be how much he can biologically produce and hold inside him instead of how much he can whip up in a lab.

Purely organic will always be completely worthless though since the varied ways a webshooter can modify the web are lost, not to mention the webshooters allow Peter to shoot other things aside from web if he can put it in a cartridge like trackers and fluids and all that. It's just too versatile a device to dismiss.

Those changes require his brain to change severely. His body/brain needs to be able to process his super fast perception. And he can create super strong attraction between any part of his body and a surface. That means something must have grown all over that lets him do that. And he is able to control that ability with his brain. So all those changes are accepted with a wave of the hand but the moment he would have a let's say pinky sized web organ in his forearms things go too far?

>Those changes require his brain to change severely.

You realize that there is a difference between altering an organ that already exists and creating an entirely new one (especially when there is no room to insert said new organ without drastically altering already existing organs, too), right?

>That means something must have grown all over that lets him do that.

It literally does not. You understand how telekinesis works, right?

You realize that you can do whatever in comics which is why Wolverine can create new bones and flesh in mere seconds, right?

Do you think if you introduced such a small organ and explain it's the result of the radioactive spider bite would suddenly revolt?

>I can accept super strength of lifting several tons with ease, I can accept future sight reflexes, I can accept him being able to cling to the ceiling somehow, but spider web coming from his wrists?!?!?! HOW UNREALISTIC! 0/10!

>It's the result of radioactivity... in a comic book
>say no more

>pinky sized web organ

Where would he store all that webbing? Let alone produce it. His body isn't pressurized to 300 pounds per square inch, like his web cartridges are. Just to store the same amount of fluid, he'd have large bulbous sacks in his wrists. He would look like there were tumors growing on his arms.

marvel.com/universe/Spider-Man's_Web-Shooters

Are you seriously arguing that fucking telekinesis is more acceptable in that context than him creating a tiny new organ for webbing after being bitten by a radioactive spider?

Telekinesis makes more sense for Spider-Man than web organs. Wow...

>which is why Wolverine can create new bones and flesh in mere seconds, right?

You realize that animals can actually regenerate body parts, right? That's a real thing.

Wolverine's healing factor uses actual biology as a foundation and then exaggerate it and makes it "super" by drastically decreasing the time it takes for said regeneration to happen.

>tiny new organ

See: You utterly fail to comprehend how this would work.

Spiders create web organs, he was bitten by a radioactive spider, he can now create a web organ. There. Simple.

You can store a lot of webbing in a tiny space. A strand of spider silk is much, much thinner than a human hair and his muscles are strong enough to compress that stuff even more for a nice amount. Plus his body would produce new stuff constantly, like saliva.
A tiny pressurized CO2 capsule holds enough CO2 for several large drinking bottles. His muscles would be strong enough to compress a lot of webbing into a tiny organ.

Listen guys. You gotta think and you gotta be creative. So far you have demonstrated neither.

Nah but I wish they were inside the suit or at least pretended they were. They don't look good when they are always on display

>>thinking that spiderweb contains DNA
iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/spiders-identified-dna-extracted-their-web/

>he can now create a web organ.
And where is the mass for that stored?

>Plus his body would produce new stuff constantly
How? Where does this additional matter come from? He'd have to eat a fuckload of food, just for the energy to keep up producing said webbing.

Only explanation I can imagine is costume design trying to really neutralize the red for some reason and merch trying to market the webshooters by making them as visible as possible. Personally I agree, them sticking out like that just doesn't seem safe.

>How? Where does this additional matter come from? He'd have to eat a fuckload of food, just for the energy to keep up producing...

And Wolverine?

It's just spidersilk, not a super powerful eye laser or something like that. I think his body can handle.

Oh. It's THIS thread .. again. Both are fine everyone's retarded.

>It's just spidersilk

Another counter argument: you realize that Spider-Man's artificial webbing is actually stronger than Spider Silk, right?

>no use for a super strong instant adhesive that lasts a few minutes, not even for research purposes

This panel is dumb and you're dumb for posting it

>F-fuck. I-I'm totally not m-mad for being called out like the faggot I am.

>hightened senses
Makes enough sense.
>better muscle cells
Okay.
>stronger bones
Still good.
>web glands...
Sure, I guess.
>in exactly the right spot to be useful
Eh, that's where it looses me. MAYBE if the spider was engineered to give humans super powers, but it wasn't. That means silk glands make less sense than web shooters.

>thinks I'm samefagging

Really doubling down aren't ya?

>it's stronger that means it's a better idea and better for the narrative.

Great argument kiddo. :^)

>thinking organic webbing is better for the narrative

kek

Inplying its a bad thing when comparing it to the manchildren that eat and breath shit writting by more manchildren.

Because he's a fucking superhero and radioactive spiders and organic fucking web shooters is more interesting that just "he built them"

organic web spinners manifesting conveniently in his wrists is dumb.

They should be at the top of his ass crack. Then a harness feeds the webbing from there to the mechanical webshooters in his wrists.

>Because he's a fucking superhero and radioactive spiders
Oh. You're one of those faggots.

>and organic fucking web shooters is more interesting that just "he built them"
This is objectively wrong.

No.

The worst thing about the Amazing Spiderman, was that the webbing came from Oscorp.

If he is going to have mechanical shooters. Then Peter needs to think out the webbing. his primary strength as always been that he is a scientist.

Actually it is because it feeds right into his mutation and theme and makes the change more visceral. He could run out of webbing which could make for tense moments where he has to wait a bit until he has enough for another shot, he could experiment what kind of diet produces the most webbing in a given time or the strongest. It could make his appetite bigger which could turn into something like a running gag. Him eating tons of bread or pasta or whatever but remaining pretty skinny.
There are many aspects that could be played while mechanical only plays into his intellect. He can show that in any other way. Reasoning, tricking enemies, other devices and gadgets, quick thinking, etc. Don't reduce his intellect to the ability of bulding the shooters.

>his primary strength as always been that he is a scientist
He finishes off the Lizard's formula copying shit from his dad's work.
In ASM2 he looks at YouTube tutorials to beat Electro.

Everything but ASM2's costume sucks dick.

Are you saying that Peter Park shits out webbing paste once a day?

>Actually it is because it feeds right into his mutation and theme

There is no mutation theme, though. Spider-Man is not a mutant, numbnuts.

Talking from the audience point of view. The bite changed his DNA so he is a mutant. The real world term, not the Marvel term.

>Spiders create web organs

No they don't.

>Spiders don't have organs that create silk

Alright friendo. :^)

>Where would he store all that webbing? Let alone produce it

Webs from the Web Dimension!

>he could experiment what kind of diet produces the most webbing in a given time or the strongest.

Yeah, what a compelling and exciting story!

>Today Peter eats chicken to see how much webbing he can expel! Next issue, we see how beef works! You'll never guess what happens when Pete tries some prosciutto! Stay tuned for the continuing adventures of Spider-Man!

>"create" and "have" now mean the same thing

I have hands; I didn't create them; hands evolved via DNA copying errors, and environmental stresses.